Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

The strange case of the Pacific tree octopus

Seti42
Posted (edited)

I have an old DVD miniseries called 'The Future is Wild'. Each episode postulates life on earth millions of years in the future, with humans gone.
There actually is an arboreal octopus mentioned and brought to life with early 2000's CGI. It's a pretty good show, if very dated at this point. It plays much like Walking With Dinosaurs, but the CG creatures are totally speculative. 

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 4

Jaded1
2 hours ago, Seti42 said:

I have an old DVD miniseries called 'The Future is Wild'. Each episode postulates life on earth millions of years in the future, with humans gone.
There actually is an arboreal octopus mentioned and brought to life with early 2000's CGI. It's a pretty good show, if very dated at this point. It plays much like Walking With Dinosaurs, but the CG creatures are totally speculative. 

I just had a look, on your recommendation, and it's on YouTube :tu:

Carnoferox

Here's the actual website if anyone's interested.

https://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

DieChecker

Of course the tree octopus isnt real. But the arboreal clams? Very real. They hide in the deep lichen and moss of the branches after climbing up as a sluglike youngster.

Nnicolette

Really? Never heard of it.

oldrover

My run away favourite cryptid. Doesn't matter to me if it was made up more recently than most I genuinely love the idea.

Squibbens I think they were called in The Future is Wild. And there was the big cumbersome one who was rumbling along the forest floor too.Great stuff. 

• Like 1