Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maze mystery

Mello_

rocky-valley-maze.jpg

Rocky Valley labirinth in UK.

Same Mazes:

Spain labirinth at Meis, Tomba del Labirinto,Petra Jordan Labirinth,Estonia labirinth, Norway labirinth, Labyrinth petroglyph Pansaimol, Labyrinth inscription Ondavalli, Labyrinth carved on a dolmen shrine at Padugula, Mädavala Temple maze, Sri Lanka maze.

How is possible that we have same maze around world?

3 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

It's a IE motif and IE groups can be found  as far as Sri Lanka. 

The American ones differ. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Any other opinion?

What's yours? 

Just now, Piney said:

What's yours? 

I dont have it since I dont know what is represents. I hope you know what that did meant to IE.

Just now, Mello_ said:

I dont have it since I dont know what is represents. I hope you know what that did meant to IE.

No, the reconstructed PIE mythology is limited. I thought at first it was borrowed from the Minoans, who traded far and wide but I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I thought at first it was borrowed from the Minoans, who traded far and wide but I'm not so sure.

It might be, and spread then as far as India: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth#Cultural_meanings

i personally always liked the theory that it was a path for ritual dances. But the idea of it warding against evil spirits is of course also very possible.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

It might be, and spread then as far as India: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth#Cultural_meanings

It was the Hindi who brought it to Sri Lanka.

8 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

i personally always liked the theory that it was a path for ritual dances.

I think that was the case among Minoans. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mello_ said:

Ok. How do you know then its Mythology?

Google Georges Dumezil.

--Jaylemurph

32 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Georges Dumezil.

I forgot about him....

He was a big of a "Three Estates Aristocrat" as my Grandfather Jowett. :lol:

There are only so many ways you can create a labyrinth.

incidentally, they’re not mazes. A labyrinth is a mediative tool, mazes are architectural follies. 

• Like 2

There's a distinction between unicursal and multicursal:

As a result of the long history of unicursal representation of the mythological Labyrinth ... many contemporary scholars and enthusiasts observe a distinction between the two. In this specialized usage maze refers to a complex branching multicursal puzzle with choices of path and direction, while a unicursal labyrinth has only a single path to the center.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth 

See also Nigel Pennick, Mazes and Labyrinths.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Labirinth pattern around the world are interesting. But isnt just that. Construction techniques, pyramids, mummies, flood myths, sun gods ,flying serpents, devil, dragons,Rapa Nui Sulawesi Gobekli Tepe Olmec statue, labirinth pattern, Swastika, Giants.

Jung and Averroes ideas derive from Plato and his Hyperuranium. Collective unconscious archetypes or ancient global civilazation. Vedas Akashic records. Rupert Sheldrake Morphic field. Syncrhonicity. Meditation can reveal knowledge. Poincare use sub-consciousness to solve mathemathical problems. Dr.Ashley Dean is director of school in Iowa which have students with best results. Its education based on consciousness,meditation. Meditaion improves intellect, memory, creativity,productivity. Is idea traveling faster then light? Brain is like filter, If we absorb all information around us we would expirience nervous breakdown. We notice important and sub consciousness rest.We are linked. There is much more in us than the thought us.

Are  IE languages Jungs hive mind?

Darwin said he takes idea from Lammarck. So idea is always floating around.

1 hour ago, Mello_ said:

Are  IE languages Jungs hive mind?

Now, see, that’s a good question. 

I mean, the answer is no — language is software and you’re asking after hardware and I think the question is society-based rather than language-based, but I’d love to see others post their thoughts on this. 

—Jaylemurph 

On 4/24/2020 at 12:29 AM, Mello_ said:

rocky-valley-maze.jpg

Rocky Valley labirinth in UK.

Same Mazes:

Spain labirinth at Meis, Tomba del Labirinto,Petra Jordan Labirinth,Estonia labirinth, Norway labirinth, Labyrinth petroglyph Pansaimol, Labyrinth inscription Ondavalli, Labyrinth carved on a dolmen shrine at Padugula, Mädavala Temple maze, Sri Lanka maze.

I fabricated a very nice 'explanation' in the Doggerland thread.