Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Documentary'The House In Between'

rashore

Sorry for the title snip... this is the full title: 

One of the Most Haunted Houses in America Finally Explored in Hard-Science Documentary as Part of Decade-Long Study: 'The House In Between'

CHARLOTTE, N.C., April 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Robot Ninja Media and Gravitas Ventures announced the upcoming release of its full-length paranormal documentary and major media event, "The House In Between" (https://www.thehouseinbetween.com/). The documentary is the product of a direct collaboration between Steve Gonsalves, Kendall Whelpton, local investigators John Bullardand Brad Cooney, and homeowner Alice Jackson. "The House In Between" hopes to solve the continuing mystery of one of the most disturbing haunted house cases in the United States, and takes a three-pronged approach: blending pure science, paranormal techniques, and a richly emotional, poignant human story. The documentary trailer has already received over 150,000 views on social media, with a hard release scheduled for May 5. The film will be distributed by Gravitas Ventures via the iTunes Store, Amazon Prime Video, all major VOD/streaming platforms and everywhere that movies are sold.

https://www.themountaineer.com/news/state/one-of-the-most-haunted-houses-in-america-finally-explored-in-hard-science-documentary-as/article_1176c4aa-bf1a-50bc-bf74-f47589c549f2.html

• Like 1

I watched the trailer. I've head more stories and seen more videos/TV shows by now than I can shake a stick at. It looks like they took this one a  step further and are calling this a hard-science documentary. The capturing of strange phenomena doesn't sound like it breaks any new ground to my ears. What is more interesting to me than documenting phenomena would be speculating on the who/what/why/how of the paranormal activity. I don't get much indication from the trailer that they go into that. Hearing about unexplained phenomena has gotten so familiar sounding to me that I am not terribly excited for this documentary. 

The anti-paranormal crowd will have the usual out of calling it a money and attention grabbing hoax perhaps even by presenting a link to an attack article in the Skeptics Dictionary or other allied source (if one of those allied forces had time to put one of their predictable cookie-cutter attack articles together that fast). It all gets old and predictable by this decades long observer of the scene. I guess the lockdown is leaving me more bleak than usual. Lockdown extended in my state today.

Edited by papageorge1

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What is more interesting to me than documenting phenomena would be speculating on the who/what/why/how of the paranormal activity.

This is what interests me, too. I have seen enough to know SOMETHING is afoot at times. I know what the paranormal calls it. It is overdue for science to get into it to offer some explanations from their pov, but, I don't hold out a lot of hope. I have to agree with you on this point, Papa.

Like "ghosts". Calling all of it imagination, mental illness or attention ploys/fake doesn't work for me, but I am not convinced it is "ghosts" either - as in dead people's spirits. I would like to see more ideas out there to explain some of the things I have experienced and seen could be. I am also interested in so-called "recording" events and would like to understand what and how that could be.

But, probably not coming soon :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

The anti-paranormal crowd will have the usual out of calling it a money and attention grabbing hoax perhaps even by presenting a link to an attack article in the Skeptics Dictionary or other allied source

Most of us won't even bother watching it.

55 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I would like to see more ideas out there to explain some of the things I have experienced and seen could be.

Any idea! Just not the one I have! Right?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This is what interests me, too. I have seen enough to know SOMETHING is afoot at times. I know what the paranormal calls it. It is overdue for science to get into it to offer some explanations from their pov, but, I don't hold out a lot of hope. I have to agree with you on this point, Papa.

Like "ghosts". Calling all of it imagination, mental illness or attention ploys/fake doesn't work for me, but I am not convinced it is "ghosts" either - as in dead people's spirits. I would like to see more ideas out there to explain some of the things I have experienced and seen could be. I am also interested in so-called "recording" events and would like to understand what and how that could be.

But, probably not coming soon :) 

I pretty much agree but I would like to add that I don't think science has the tools to really get into the who/what/why/how at least at this time in history. I think there are people with direct clairvoyance into the domains beyond the physical senses and instruments that actually have made considerable progress in explaining the who/what/why/how. I am thinking here of Theosophical, Vedic (Hindu), and other esoteric wisdom traditions that do discuss the workings of the universe beyond the visible. But at this stage of man's development where mainstream science is held in rule of the roost of academic interest these other wisdom traditions remain fringe. 

11 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Most of us won't even bother watching it.

Great way to keep knowledgeable ;)  Carry On!

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Great way to keep knowledgeable ;)  Carry On!

It's entertainment, not science. It may use the term 'science' to catch a wider audience, but it's not.

If it delivers something undeniably groundbreaking, I'm sure it will reach the media, and I'll check it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

It's entertainment, not science. 

That's already been determined, eh.:o Carry On!

One of the Most Haunted Houses in America Finally Explored in Hard-Science Documentary

3 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

As an electrician, I'd really love to check out the "chandelier turning off and on by asking ghost to do it" story. First thing I'd do is remove the breaker for that circuit, then ask the ghost to have at it. I'd also disable all switches to it. Because, hey, real ghosts don't need no stinking current, right?

You don't need to go through all that hassle. Just make sure that no living person is messing with it. (That will probably be the end of it, but if not...)

If nothing tangible is manipulating the power, and it still shows intelligent communication, then we have something interesting at hand!

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That's already been determined, eh.:o Carry On!

One of the Most Haunted Houses in America Finally Explored in Hard-Science Documentary

I'm confused. I said "not science", and it says "hard science". Those two things do not agree. So what is it that has been determined?

2 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

I'd hope that all persons in house are accounted for and thus not playing with switches.  A voltmeter hooked into the wire between switch and device would tell if current was present. If it was and breaker was removed then we have a story, amigo.

You gotta give the ghost a chance, like Lennon sings. We can't demand that it can stop a hardwired current. Maybe it's using a loose connection.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Just not the one I have! Right?

Pretty much. If you have not seen or experienced it, then really you don't know what someone else has, you just have an answer which satisfies you. Nobody else is obligated to feel the same. 

I'd like to hear more views, not the same old opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Pretty much. If you have not seen or experienced it, then really you don't know what someone else has, you just have an answer which satisfies you. Nobody else is obligated to feel the same. 

Do you know what my suggestion is? Just curious.

I agree @papageorge1 that science does not have the tools, but, if they really did get into it maybe they could add new questions to shed more light on it. I do not see that there is any "science" being used in this docu, though.

I am familiar with the "fringe" information. I just still keep hoping.

3 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Even if you've seen or experienced it. Is that experience subjective or objective. Most of the time and I'd dare say 99.9% of them are just stories people tell. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

But science does have tools for some claims. My posts here being proof of this.

I don't see this as science, just validating or invalidating a fake. Science, to me, would be like when they determined that some high emf could cause the sense of presence. I appreciated that insight. It gives us something to make sure to rule out. 

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Even if you've seen or experienced it. Is that experience subjective or objective. Most of the time and I'd dare say 99.9% of them are just stories people tell. 

Any experience is subjective. I find reports to be interesting, but, I always look into things that can explain for me my OWN experiences. I do not tell stories, lie, or fake. In fact I do not share many of them, certainly not here. It is not my problem that some folks will still put much of what I say in that category because they have not shared the same experiences. It has, however, taught me to not look to others for my sense of self worth. I do not question my own senses or sanity. I do wonder often about others who apparently cannot tolerate any differing opinions on some topics, be it religion or the paranormal. Discussion is not possible with people that rigid. The art of conversation is about dead with that mindset.

Not my job to change opinions, I am just on my own journey called life. Many things I have experienced have been explained to my satisfaction, others have not. Maybe that keeps it interesting. Personally, I think someday we will understand reality more broadly and the "paranormal" of today will be normal and we'll be wondering about other stuff. 

Mind you I have no regard for frauds or fakery, and that abounds these days, but, some mysteries remain. I am grateful for that.

Anyway, I have a dratted mouse to catch and a new trap to try out and see if it can defeat that one too. Diabolically clever mice is about all I am hunting these days :)

Later.

Sorry, but I questioned all my experiences. Sane or not, I'd rather have something more substantial to base a brief on. Seen, heard, felt, phantom smells, etc. I should be a believer by all accounts, but the lack of certainty prevents that. With all the fakery I think questioning is a good idea. To each their own I suppose.

51 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I agree @papageorge1 that science does not have the tools, but, if they really did get into it maybe they could add new questions to shed more light on it. I do not see that there is any "science" being used in this docu, though.

I am familiar with the "fringe" information. I just still keep hoping.

I would say they are doing observational science with high tech equipment. 

• 1 month later...

i've never even heard of this case.There certainly are places that are haunted  who most of us know of,like the Franklin Castler in Ohio and the lemp Mansion, but this is a new one  for me. Will I watch it, don't know.

Lots of bad reviews on Amazon. I’d watch it if it were free, won’t pay for it. 

• Thanks 1

I would try if free to watch this show but i admit im very bored with the bs shows like "hunting bigfoots foot", "haunted china hutch" and Foxs all new "Alien nose job" hosted by brent spinner,

Seems no middle ground im labeled skeptic because im not a dear believer, so be it,  i very much would like more actual scienctific research to happen with paranormal supernatural otherwordly, something is going on we just have different opinions as to what

real science, not pseudo science for the purpose of more salted claptrap tv fluff, what sucks out loud for me is nothing as of yet in the field of paranormal has been proven in a way that we see it hailed on the main news, from accredited science rather than tabloids and clickbait from shady sources.

Ive been taking a different view of paranormal, a lot of paths are boring dead ends, im burnt out with all the go to excuses and insults that come with asking a person claiming of an alleged experence for any evidence or proof, of course i didnt experence what you did, so keep in mind in all fairness its just a questionable story to me, had i did experence it i still wouldnt be sold until i exhausted a lot of possiblities, im not one to say, oh, i saw a shadow in the woods, i dont know what it really was, since i cant explain it then it must be bigfoot.

When asked for evidence and being told anything other than here it is, ( no, stories are not proof ) doesnt advance research, that lack of substance and willingness of transparency with believers is one reason why science doesnt pay much attention to the subject and when they do it comes back to psychological reasons for the phenomenon, "mental issues" just upsets some people, i wish it didnt the study of how our brains work is fascinating.

Its hypicritical and tough when believers ask science for there opinions and answers then place straight jacket restraints on science that their experience was real, they didnt hallucinate,  and are not mental, etc they paint science into a corner, lets face it they want their paranormal conclusion validated.

Science will roll their eyes and move on, i fully believe as unpopular as my theory is that a huge % of experences after we weed out the BS, the frauds, hoaxers, and mistaken is of the mind, the mind of the experiencer,  why cant we at least go in that direction and rule out those possiblities?

Experence isnt any gauge of reality, many folks believe their delusions, imagination,  hallucinations are real, like a persons dreams they are real, but only to them in their mind.

Dr Michael persinger has done some great scienctific work with his a bit campy named God helmet, it has solenoids that fire weak magnetic fields yeah, EMF and his studies have proven that this can cause the sense of present, panic fears, smells, hallucinations etc that are very real to the test subjects short of knowing it was a clinical experement, it was EMF, not paranormal, yep, EMF plays a part in paranormal, sure are a lot of ghost hunters who misuse EMF meters, i have one right here and it says this joint has 999 happy haunts. So i would expect for ghost hunters to suggest entities are of an EMF nature, okay, lets research that possibility.

a believer who really does want sciences opinions needs to be fully open to not just the possibilities they desire but the possiblities that they clinch their teeth shake their fists at and say its not that, my experence is real, you didnt have it, i did,  the fact is just because you think its real doesnt make it so, allow all possibilities, i do.

I love examining these topics and i go in not trying to prove anything to anyone not my concern or burden,  i start with weeding out the BS,

IE, if a light goes on and off of course i check the wiring, switches, breakers, because i could in a few hours have any light in my house turn on and off, so of course i have to weed out hoaxers, frauds, BSers and very sincern people who think something is real when its not because they do not understand what it really is or want it to be so much more, i think its normal in a way to want more for paranormal supernatural otherwordly to be real,

I get that, i really do, why else would i keep saying i will be delighted if paranormal supernatural otherwordly etc is ever proven, i have zero hopes this new TV show will do that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

tried to click on the link  for the news article, and it said  the page wasn't there.Will have to google it.Seems  like every place in the US is the most haunted house.

Some may truly be, as there have been too many stories over a period of years, like the Villesca Murder House, Lemp Mansion,etc.That's  why paranormal groups keep going there. Science  might be able to try to explain temperature drops and other things, but the fact remains, much of this is in the spiritual realm, whether people want to believe it or not. And as such sometimes you have to resort to mediums, priests and ministers  to either make it stop completely or at least slow things down.Not all hauntings are scary, but some are. 

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, HollyDolly said:

Villesca Murder House,

I live about 50 miles from the Villisca Axe Murder House. I took the tour a few years ago. I was the only person on the tour.

There were pictures of the children on the bedroom walls, and children’s clothes hanging in the closets. At one point, when we were upstairs in the bedroom where the parents were bludgeoned to death, the tour guide said to me, “I’ll leave you alone now.” She went downstairs and left me standing there all alone. I’m thinking, “Wait...what?...” It definitely was one of the strangest moments of my life.

I didn’t experience anything ghostly or paranormal, but I left there with a deep sadness that lasted for several days. I wanted to go back in time, so I could warn the family that a man with an axe was hiding in their attic. I suppose it’s that intense ‘helpless’ feeling that makes people believe they’ve been to a haunted house.

Edited by simplybill