Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Hanslune

Tomb locations of Khufu's family and nobles

Hanslune
Posted (edited)

In the Thanos thread on pyramid tombs we had a mention of two of Khufu's children being buried in the East Field. Since we have a more than a few smart people here I have a question for them (Harte you can answer too). Is there a map, diagram or database that shows where the tombs of the important/essential nobles and family members of Khufu are located? Does it exist in one place?

Thanks

Carte-n%C3%A9cropole-Gizeh-Est.jpg

So one daughter and son at 7120-7110 and 7420-7410

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Piney
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

Since we have a more than a few smart people here I have a question for them (Harte you can answer too).

Uncle Harte I would answer in a limerick that would cause a Vogon's head to split open and eyeballs to explode.  :o

• Like 2

Wepwawet
Posted (edited)

Lehner and Hawass go into some detail on this in their Giza and the Pyramids, and give some names, where known, to a tomb, but the format is not suitable for replication here, and there is unfortunately no plan with a name alongside the tomb number. But surely somebody somewhere has done something like this ?

All I can add is G 7110-7120 for Kawab and Hetepheres II, G 7130-7140 for Khufukhaf and Neferetkau, G 7410-7420 Meresankh II and Horbaef?, G7310-7320 for Baufre, G 7430-7440 for Minkhaf and G 7510 for Ankh-haf.

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Djedi

On a website I made with two friends we added a list of tomb owners to a map taken from P&M, this can be seen here.

Hope this is usefull.

• Thanks 6

Hanslune
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Djedi said:

On a website I made with two friends we added a list of tomb owners to a map taken from P&M, this can be seen here.

Hope this is usefull.

Yes it is I thought someone somewhere would have done that! Much appreciated

Karl%20Oostelijk%20Veld%20P&M%20XVIII.jp

Now all we need is a Khufu family tree and a list of officials - if such exists.

wslot0o.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Dynasty_of_Egypt_family_tree

Family tree

The following list presents family members, which can be assigned to Khufu with certainty.
Parents:[9][15][16]

• Sneferu: Most possibly his father, maybe just stepfather. Famous pharaoh and builder of three pyramids.
  • Hetepheres I: Most possibly his mother. Wife of king Sneferu and well known for her precious grave goods found at Giza.
170px-CairoMuseumRahotep.jpg

Portrait of prince Rahotep.
170px-Neferetiabet.jpg

Slab stela of princess Nefertiabet.

Spouses:

Brothers and Sisters:

• Hetepheres: Wife of Ankhhaf.
  • Ankhhaf: The eldest brother. His nephew would later become pharaoh Khafra.
  • Nefermaat: Half-brother; buried at Meidum and owner of the famous "mastaba of the geese".
  • Rahotep: Elder brother or half-brother. Owner of a life-size double statue portraying him and his wife Nofret.

Sons of Khufu:

Daughters:

Grandchildren:

Nephews and nieces:

• Hemiunu: Director of the building of Khufu's great pyramid.
  • Nefertkau III: Daughter of Meresankh II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu#Family_tree

So the next question(s) are how robust are these identifications?

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3

Hanslune
14 hours ago, Piney said:

Uncle Harte I would answer in a limerick that would cause a Vogon's head to split open and eyeballs to explode.  :o

That IS a concern. However in the time of Corona I am filled with compassion and forgiveness for his poetic trespasses and have recalled my hit teams as they cannot maintain proper social distancing.

They have instead mailed him a sternly worded post card to desist.

• Haha 3

Harte
16 hours ago, Piney said:

Only if you force me to.

Harte

• Like 1

Hanslune
1 minute ago, Harte said:

Only if you force me to.

Harte

If you do I will be forced to release the overdressed ugly pink guy with four arms.

I mean other than a really unappealing deodorant he uses he might also just give you an unsightly tattoo or give you a very odd four hour yoga class.

You have been warned

Don't take his innocent face as a sign that he's a complete moron. He is certainly not a complete one.

OZ9fy1s.jpg

• Haha 2