Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could earthquakes explain Nessie sightings ?

UM-Bot

Yes I agree with most of this but someone needs to tell the tourist board and the idiot who keeps seeing birds feeding on the Nessie cam or whatever it is.

It's been speculated several times, but i don't think it explains most of the sightnings, but perhaps some of them.

Edited by Ultimatium
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ultimatium said:

It's been speculated several times, but i don't think it explains most of the sightnings, but perhaps some of them.

Agreed, boat wakes, ordinary waves, and animal/object misidentifications are responsible for way more "sightings".

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3

It's funny how it is considered credible when people make up any random nonsensical thing to explain away things they have predetermined disbelief of without basis.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

It's funny how it is considered credible when people make up any random nonsensical thing to explain away things they have predetermined disbelief of without basis.

It's even more funny when people still try to fit the square peg in the round hole with these alleged animals actually existing in the Loch today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since earthquakes are rare... This is not really a good answer, is it? If there was a correlation between sightings and fault actions.... That would be a different story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Since earthquakes are rare... This is not really a good answer, is it? If there was a correlation between sightings and fault actions.... That would be a different story.

I still believe that a large lake sturgeon is the best candidate for the loch ness monster, since it has most of the characteristics that people seem to describe in some of the reports. Also, a group of sturgeons splashing on top of the surface could probably be misidentified as a creature with humps if seen from far away. I think it makes better sense than earthquakes, but perhaps it explains some of the sightings.

04-zs-sturgeon_fishing_ban_351-ab.jpg?it

Edited by Ultimatium
  • Like 3