Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's in trouble: GOP alarms over November

Unusual Tournament

Trump's poor poll numbers trigger GOP alarms over November

Senior Republicans and President Donald Trump’s campaign are wrestling with how to best position him for November as the coronavirus poses a grave threat to his reelection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/24/trump-poll-2020-205722

• Like 5

They were giving interviews in October, 2016, saying they thought he would lose so badly that he'd take down ticket Rs down with him.  I have a question... had you become aware of Sars-Cov-2 6 months ago?  We're about that far out from the election and polls are even more useless than usual.  But hey, enjoy.  I bet that THIS time, they REALLY get him :w00t:

1 minute ago, and then said:

They were giving interviews in October, 2016, saying they thought he would lose so badly that he'd take down ticket Rs down with him.  I have a question... had you become aware of Sars-Cov-2 6 months ago?  We're about that far out from the election and polls are even more useless than usual.  But hey, enjoy.  I bet that THIS time, they REALLY get him :w00t:

LOL. mate you're working on the assumption that Trump is a bottle of fine wine that only gets better with age. Along with being the "smartest" president, an expert on all things presidential the dude now thinks he's a scientist. You do realise that at some point even the lowest demographic that votes for him will start to ask some hard questions ? 

...as for was i aware, well no i wasn't but Trump would have been. or rather was and he ignored all the briefings.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, and then said:

Hello partner, I hope your and yours are doing well. But I have to say I do beleive this Pandemic will have an effect on how people will vote in November. Now I am not saying it's all President Trump fault, but the poor manner in which this  crisis was handled in Jan, Feb, and Mar has created the situation America is in today. It also has caused many more deaths than needed to occur if early actions had been taken more seriously.

Oh and by the way, it's not a question of getting anybody. It's question of how our Nations leaders handled this National / World emergency, and unfortunately our leaders actions were more focused on how it would effect the economy and the stock market then they were concerned about how it would effect our nations people. But, the Cats out of the bag, there's no going back and hopefully now the situation will be handled with more care for our Nations people.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, and then said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/nervous-republicans-see-trump-sinking-and-taking-senate-with-him/ar-BB13bhRy?srcref=rss&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hello partner, I hope your and yours are doing well. But I have to say I do beleive this Pandemic will have an effect on how people will vote in November. Now I am not saying it's all President Trump fault, but the poor manner in which this  crisis was handled in Jan, Feb, and Mar has created the situation America is in today. It also has caused many more deaths than needed to occur if early actions had been taken more seriously.

Peace

Just curious...

Here in Canada our Federal government has done nothing differently than the USA Federal government.  Yet our numbers are incredibly low.

Why do you think that is?

• Like 3

Just now, acidhead said:

Just curious...

Here in Canada our Federal government has done nothing differently than the USA Federal government.  Yet our numbers are incredibly low.

Why do you think that is?

I don't know, but I am also just curious so why do you think that is?

Peace

19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have to say I do beleive this Pandemic will have an effect on how people will vote in November

Especially for those who will vote for him because he locked down late and many of the crack heads and poor people have ended up in Hart Island and are now  off the streets.

Then you will have those who will not vote for him in areas where they are asking to be liberated from the lockdown, if they make it til November.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't know, but I am also just curious so why do you think that is?

Peace

I have no idea. That's why I asked the question.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, acidhead said:

That's  also why I asked you the same question, I thought you may have some insight I wasn't aware of.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

You made a statement that you have no idea about?

"Here in Canada our Federal government has done nothing differently than the USA Federal government.  Yet our numbers are incredibly low."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Especially for those who will vote for him because he locked down late and many of the crack heads and poor people have ended up in Hart Island and are now  off the streets.

Then you will have those who will not vote for him in areas where they are asking to be liberated from the lockdown, if they make it til November.

The Federal government locked down nothing only suggested guidelines to follow.  Same way the Canadian Federal government did.

It has been left up to the State Governors and Provincial Premiers to decide what to implement.  There is a reason why we all elect local representatives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

You made a statement that you have no idea about?

"Here in Canada our Federal government has done nothing differently than the USA Federal government.  Yet our numbers are incredibly low."

Okay Hank. I'll ask you the same question.  Why are Canada's numbers incredibly lower than the United States?

I have no idea why. Do you?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You do realise that at some point even the lowest demographic that votes for him will start to ask some hard questions ? 

We have not got there yet.  The President will not lose many of his loyal voters,  A few of the older FOX viewers and freedom fighters who refuse to follow stay at home and social distancing  habits may die off but hey, they were on their last legs anyway and its good for the economy.  It might only be a few  thousand, certainly not enough to sway a presidential election, unless they are in swing states.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

While I don't blame President Trump for the entire mess America is in he is responsible for a large part of. No one can deny that in Jan, Feb, and early Mar the President played down the seriousness of the situation. The only reason that was done was to keep the Stock Market going strong as long as possible, but the Cats out of the Bag and the market crashed anyway. The problem here is by doing that it was at the expense of the American people and lives lost.

Currently we have one of the highest death rates in the entire world, not to mention that we now also have one of the highest infection rates in the World!!! So to think this situation will not effect how people will vote in November is completely ludicrous. I just arrived in South Korea two days ago from the US, and its crazy how things are here and things we're in the States. I just hope that the US Government is now really paying more attention to its people than the bottom line.

Here is a link to thread I started yesterday about my recent experience traveling from The US to South Korea.

Hope you and your are well and stay that way.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

While I don't blame President Trump for the entire mess America is in he is responsible for a large part of. No one can deny that in Jan, Feb, and early Mar the President played down the seriousness of the situation. The only reason that was done was to keep the Stock Market going strong as long as possible, but the Cats out of the Bag and the market crashed anyway. The problem here is by doing that it was at the expense of the American people and lives lost.

Currently we have one of the highest death rates in the entire world, not to mention that we now also have one of the highest infection rates in the World!!! So to think this situation will not effect how people will vote in November is completely ludicrous. I just arrived in South Korea two days ago from the US, and its crazy how things are here and things we're in the States. I just hope that the US Government is now really paying more attention to its people than the bottom line.

Hope you and your are well and stay that way.

Peace

Regarding the bolded.

What Trump and Justin Trudeau did was not create panic and fear in our countries.  This whole pandemic has been a huge learning experience on preparedness for future outbreaks.  This includes State and Provincial governments.

What I still don't understand is how some parts of the USA got heavily infected like New York State.  And yet a city like Vancouver, BC which has a massive Chinese population in Richmond has seen nothing of the sort. It boggles my mind.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

We have not got there yet.  The President will not lose many of his loyal voters,  A few of the older FOX viewers and freedom fighters who refuse to follow stay at home and social distancing  habits may die off but hey, they were on their last legs anyway and its good for the economy.  It might only be a few  thousand, certainly not enough to sway a presidential election, unless they are in swing states.

I am afraid your right, and that's a scary thought because what does that say about the majority of the American voters. To me it means that they are not paying any attention to what's happening, or that politics is more important than the Major Crisis America is in and that lives lost due to a lack of being proactive early isn't as important as which political party you are part of.:blink:

Peace

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump's poor poll numbers trigger GOP alarms over November

Senior Republicans and President Donald Trump’s campaign are wrestling with how to best position him for November as the coronavirus poses a grave threat to his reelection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/24/trump-poll-2020-205722

People don’t change governments during a crisis, they stick with what they know - even if the known know is a bit on thr dodgy, not as good as it could be, side.

Mock Trump again in London with an orange baby blimp, that should give him at least another million votes with Yanks putting their middle finger up to the disrespectful Brits. 

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

Mock Trump again in London with an orange baby blimp, that should give him at least another million votes with Yanks putting their middle finger up to the disrespectful Brits. 

You really think that Britain is the only country that thinks *Trump is a joke? Got news for you, the whole world is laughing and pointing at the orange menace. Whats even funnier is that most Americans agree and keep apologizing for inflicting *Trump on the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anti Trump has become just a constant buzzing background noise, i don't even listen to what he's done anymore, he could murder someone and still get elected, the media have lost any impact they had.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You really think that Britain is the only country that thinks *Trump is a joke? Got news for you, the whole world is laughing and pointing at the orange menace. Whats even funnier is that most Americans agree and keep apologizing for inflicting *Trump on the world.

No, what makes you think that? Canada could fly one to, that would double his vote.

Edited by hetrodoxly