Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's in trouble: GOP alarms over November

Unusual Tournament

34 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

No one can deny that in Jan, Feb, and early Mar the President played down the seriousness of the situation. The only reason that was done was to keep the Stock Market going strong as long as possible,

First, it isn't in the power of the president to run roughshod on states.  They make their own decisions in most areas.  Second, and even more importantly, Pelosi, De Blasio and Cuomo, to name a few, were exhorting their citizens to get out, shop, eat and so on just like normal.  That was their response when Trump decided to shut down most air travel from China and Europe.  Also, remember that January the Ds had only ONE thing on their agenda, and it certainly had nothing to do with coronavirus preparations.  

In short, had he attempted to just shut things down from the federal level, he would have been viciously attacked as a tyrant.  Could he have handled it better?   Sure.  Who couldn't, in retrospect, make better choices?  What I've seen from him is that he has taken EVERY RECOMMENDATION that his experts have offered and has put them into effect immediately.  Anyone who expects more than that from any president is looking to lay blame.  Those are just the facts.  This might get him beat in November but after 3+ years of him overcoming everything that has been thrown at him, I wouldn't bet against him.  But that's just me...

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Regarding the bolded.

What Trump and Justin Trudeau did was not create panic and fear in our countries.  This whole pandemic has been a huge learning experience on preparedness for future outbreaks.  This includes State and Provincial governments.

What I still don't understand is how some parts of the USA got heavily infected like New York State.  And yet a city like Vancouver, BC which has a massive Chinese population in Richmond has seen nothing of the sort. It boggles my mind.

With regards to not taking the necessary actions early because our leaders didn't want to create a panic or fear, is really only an excuse and at least in America look what that has achieved.:blink: This pandemic should not be a learning experience, our governments have known for many many years that this situation was coming and the problem is that they didn't prepare for it even after the Worlds leading health authorities have been telling them This Was Coming.

I also don't understand why Canada has faired better than the US, but I am glad your country is doing better, because I don't wish what's happening in the United States on any other country. One thing I don't think has any thing to do with this is the size of Chinese communities. In my opinion that doesn't have anything to do with the spread of this Virus, and I do understand some people feel that way, but those people are bias and prejudice and nothing more.

In my opinion the cause of such a major spread of this Virus has been caused by social spread by people entering the country from other locations. In New York for instance, since it is one of the major financial capitals of the World, there is a major influx of World travelers that isn't really equaled by any other part of the United States. So I think this is why that state has had the worst cases of this Viral Spread than any other State in America.

Peace

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, and then said:

First, it isn't in the power of the president to run roughshod on states.  They make their own decisions in most areas.  Second, and even more importantly, Pelosi, De Blasio and Cuomo, to name a few, were exhorting their citizens to get out, shop, eat and so on just like normal.  That was their response when Trump decided to shut down most air travel from China and Europe.  Also, remember that January the Ds had only ONE thing on their agenda, and it certainly had nothing to do with coronavirus preparations.  

In short, had he attempted to just shut things down from the federal level, he would have been viciously attacked as a tyrant.  Could he have handled it better?   Sure.  Who couldn't, in retrospect, make better choices?  What I've seen from him is that he has taken EVERY RECOMMENDATION that his experts have offered and has put them into effect immediately.  Anyone who expects more than that from any president is looking to lay blame.  Those are just the facts.  This might get him beat in November but after 3+ years of him overcoming everything that has been thrown at him, I wouldn't bet against him.  But that's just me...

Hey partner, for me this is not political. It all comes down to the actions taken for the National good, and no matter what me or you beleive the facts are obvious, our country acted to little and far to late. As far as the Federal Government taking charge and enforcing guidelines, that's what they are paid to do during a National Emergency and this right was not exercised. On this subject we certainly have a difference of opinion, but I can still respect yours no matter how far apart we are on this.

Peace Bro, hope you and your family are well and stay that way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

People don’t change governments during a crisis, they stick with what they know - even if the known know is a bit on thr dodgy, not as good as it could be, side.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

Anti Trump has become just a constant buzzing background noise, i don't even listen to what he's done anymore, he could murder someone and still get elected, the media have lost any impact they had.

Well, when the media is being constantly called fake media by a corrupt president, that's going to happen. Yet one of the worst offenders of fake news (Fox) is lauded by the very same president as legit. Can you see the cognative dissonance involved? Or are you a *Trumper who believes that he hasn't done anything wrong?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, when the media is being constantly called fake media by a corrupt president, that's going to happen. Yet one of the worst offenders of fake news (Fox) is lauded by the very same president as legit. Can you see the cognative dissonance involved? Or are you a *Trumper who believes that he hasn't done anything wrong?

Trump has become more and more critical of Fox in recent months.

BTW, CNN won the Fake News Awards.

• Like 3

Just now, acidhead said:

So which media is the official propaganda channel now.? Q anon? I can't see Fox giving up that title without a fight. Too much money involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

The Federal government locked down nothing only suggested guidelines to follow.  Same way the Canadian Federal government did.

It has been left up to the State Governors and Provincial Premiers to decide what to implement.  There is a reason why we all elect local representatives.

The fact that the Federal government didn't enforce guidelines or even have a plan at least in Americas case has caused the problem my country is now facing. While I understand under normal situations it's the state governments that are responsible for handling situations within their states, but this is a National Emergency and in an event where a situation like this occurs it is the Federal Governments responsible to step in take charge, set guidelines, and enforce them. 

At least in Americas case this was not done and the reason why is simple the Federal Governments did not have a plan to implement. So they allowed the state governments to attempt to handle a situation they were not equipped to handle, and this also allowed the pointing of fingers and blame to fall on State Government officials instead of the Federal Government. You see the problem with these actions have hurt the very people the State and Federal Governments are sworn to protect.

New York is a great example of this, they knew they were ill prepared for what was happening, and they publicly pleaded for help which started coming far to late, so now they are trying to play catch up. I mean look how many people had to lose their lives before New York's support started to trickle in. But  one thing has come out of all of this inaction can not be tolerated in the future, so plans for the next pandemic must be prepared and hopefully those plans will have a National impact when this occurs again.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, acidhead said:

...and FOX has become more critical also.

But on Friday, Trump drew more critical response on Fox, with both Bret Baier and John Roberts openly questioning the president's suggestion that he was being sarcastic.

Fox aired Trump's briefing live on Thursday, with an onscreen chryon reading at one point, “Trump proposes ‘disinfection’ injection.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/fox-immediately-challenge-trumps-disinfectant-remark-70340412

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Regarding the bolded.

What Trump and Justin Trudeau did was not create panic and fear in our countries.  This whole pandemic has been a huge learning experience on preparedness for future outbreaks.  This includes State and Provincial governments.

What I still don't understand is how some parts of the USA got heavily infected like New York State.  And yet a city like Vancouver, BC which has a massive Chinese population in Richmond has seen nothing of the sort. It boggles my mind.

Here is an interesting article about New York and a possible reason as why they were hit that hard. 
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/24/cuomo_the_coronavirus_that_came_to_new_york_did_not_come_from_china_it_came_from_europe.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Here is an interesting article about New York and a possible reason as why they were hit that hard. 
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/24/cuomo_the_coronavirus_that_came_to_new_york_did_not_come_from_china_it_came_from_europe.html

Your right on target here, because New York is one of the biggest financial capitals in the World due to the major banks located there along with the stock markets. To blame any countries people who visited in January and February is totally ludicrous, I believe in the end multiple Viral strains will be detected, and possibly some new ones that were created by Viral Strains that have merged.

Thanks for the article it certain is food for though and a very good.

Peace

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

our governments have known for many many years that this situation was coming and the problem is that they didn't prepare for it even after the Worlds leading health authorities have been telling them This Was Coming.

I agree that our expert epidemiologists have known this was coming.  They, however, have not had the authority to force the kinds of changes or to spend the money it would require to make the changes that were necessary.  Again, blaming political leaders for this will do nothing to change it for the future.  If people choose to do this, it will change nothing to our futures.  Politics as usual...

• Like 1

Politics as usual will do no good, IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, and then said:

Politics as usual will do no good, IMO.

JMO...

12 minutes ago, and then said:

I agree that our expert epidemiologists have known this was coming.  They, however, have not had the authority to force the kinds of changes or to spend the money it would require to make the changes that were necessary.  Again, blaming political leaders for this will do nothing to change it for the future.  If people choose to do this, it will change nothing to our futures.  Politics as usual...

why shouldn't political leaders be called accountable ? Country's like Australia, New Zealand and even dirt poor Greece have done more with less due to sound leadership. Trump is to blame for the high death count. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

why shouldn't political leaders be called accountable ? Country's like Australia, New Zealand and even dirt poor Greece have done more with less due to sound leadership. Trump is to blame for the high death count. 

New York City has the population of Australia crammed into a space roughly that of the ACT. That’s makes social distancing difficult. Also, irrespective of what the orange one says, many Americans do not believe the virus is real. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump is to blame for the high death count. 

But state governors bear no responsibility?  Is that how it works in your world?  Where I'm from the word for people who think that way is "SHILL"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

26 million people outta work are gonna vent one way or another. Thanks for the link. 

Yep... as they see one individual making every attempt to get things back to normal and get the country moving forward again, they'll also see which party is trying to milk this tragedy for every vote they can while also trying to keep America tied down like Gulliver.  One way or another, the people will choose.  Meanwhile, Joe isn't even sure where he IS on most days.  It's a long 6 months ahead for his campaign.  People have already decided how they feel about Trump.  Nothing the media shills can do will change that appreciably.  But hey, keep cheering them on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

many Americans do not believe the virus is real. 

I doubt there are many who think this virus isn't REAL, per se.  They just don't believe it constitutes a TEOTWAWKI event.  As states begin to attempt easing of restrictions and re-emergence of businesses, we'll begin to find our way though.  The media will caterwaul, scream and point the finger of doom against Trump for every death that occurs but as states open and there is no major second wave, the power of the media will lessen even more.  The bottom line is that this is a natural event and immunity or vaccine is the only way forward.  Hiding at home for months or years is ridiculous and, frankly, shameful.

1 hour ago, and then said:

My comments that our government did not have plan and was completely unprepared was spread across the 30 years. None of our Presidents during this time have taken the chance of a pandemic serious enough to prepare plans for one. This is what I meant when I have said that the Federal Government was completely unprepared, as far as, plans go my comments were not only directed at the current administration.

I will stay out of the politics, and try to state only none information Partner, my concerns are only with how our people are treated in the terrible crisis that is occurring.

p*** on all the Politians.

Peace Bro

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, and then said:

But state governors bear no responsibility?  Is that how it works in your world?  Where I'm from the word for people who think that way is "SHILL"

When it comes to an event like this, no state has shown it was prepared for what was coming. But more to the point in a National Emergency of this magnitude the Federal Government is responsible to take control, set the guidelines and if necessary enforce them, they are suppose to have emergency plans which obviously don't exist. Like I said at no level of government were there plans in place for this type of disaster, but I will BET you anything that will change in the near future.

Peace Bro

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, and then said:

Yep... as they see one individual making every attempt to get things back to normal and get the country moving forward again, they'll also see which party is trying to milk this tragedy for every vote they can while also trying to keep America tied down like Gulliver.  One way or another, the people will choose.  Meanwhile, Joe isn't even sure where he IS on most days.  It's a long 6 months ahead for his campaign.  People have already decided how they feel about Trump.  Nothing the media shills can do will change that appreciably.  But hey, keep cheering them on.

Starting things up this soon is a disaster waiting to happen, you may not agree or you may be right but we will see the effects in the near future. I choose to beleive what the Nations Top Medical Personel are saying, and opening the country back up so soon will cause cases of infection to spread on a level we haven't even seen yet. By using social distancing and other methods that have been employed we still have the largest death and infection rates in the world right now, what do you honestly think is going to happen as these businesses around the country reopen?

Peace

• Like 2