Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's in trouble: GOP alarms over November

Unusual Tournament

1 hour ago, and then said:

But state governors bear no responsibility?  Is that how it works in your world?  Where I'm from the word for people who think that way is "SHILL"

Trump is encouraging governors to ease restrictions. At least via Twitter.

• Like 2

Here is an interesting fact about the economy.  There are about 60 million people drawing Social Security, most of them retired or disabled and stay at home.  

I don't rely on SS for my full income, but I am  spending about $4,000 a month.  Why should you care?

I take that money and pay the mortgage, buy food,clothing, tools, entertainment, and most of the other things that the economy offers.  Next year I will probably have to tap some 401k interest because my wife's car is dying and the house needs painting. I take that government money and my own savings income to  parcel it out to people who provide goods and services to me and my community.  I reward good service and products with my business.   We have made arrangements to farm out some  odd jobs outside that need doing.   Most I could do myself, but some of our acquaintances are out of work and could use $100  for a few hours work.  In addition, we can still afford to give a little to charity.

I am not saying I am cool or wonderful, just that retirees like me are putting say an average of $3,000 back into the economy every month.  That is $180 billion dollars a month back into the economy.  We are not bailing out airlines, or cruise ships the money goes right back into the community.  The one time $1200 dollar payment to everybody only amounts to $360 billion, we match that in two months. 

In addition to all of us, there are a good number of people working from home.  Most of us are aware that many of our neighbors are not able to work  We are not gloating, but trying to do what we can to keep the economy afloat.   At least we can help keep essential services running.  Sadly, that does not do a lot for some people, but if we are smart we can get through this thing  without the total collapse that many think will happen if we don't go back to work next week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

But state governors bear no responsibility?  Is that how it works in your world?  Where I'm from the word for people who think that way is "SHILL"

State governors do bear responsibility for their actions.     The quick ones got things moving in their states rapidly.  Mike DeWine for example was one of the first to see it coming.  Not all governors are that sharp, but many were. There are some powers reserved to the federal government though.  It is a new problem for everybody and it seems that finally some clear direction and division of duties is being agreed upon.

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Starting things up this soon is a disaster waiting to happen,

If done without following the guidelines that the experts created - note, it's the EXPERTS that created them, not the President - then I agree.  The virus hasn't changed significantly and is still as infectious as it ever was.  OTOH, it is simple truth to acknowledge the death toll that economic collapse would have in its wake.  I realize that most don't subscribe to the idea that such a collapse could happen but it doesn't take an economist to realize the kind of chaos that would exist when the people lose all faith in the dollar.  The politicians - both sides - are spending trillions of dollars that have no intrinsic value backing them up.  It's caveat currency gone completely over the edge and unless they rein it in soon, it will be too late.

One Party seems content to allow the mess to crash around them and then to prove they can supply the needs of everyone but that is obviously a lie and only the most foolish and uneducated in our nation will accept that lie.  They both are talking about stage FOUR of a giveaway and that will certainly add one or more trillion dollars to the already insane level of funny money the Fed is creating.  Imagine waking up and seeing the news that hyperinflation or outright collapse has occurred.  Everything will shut down while different government entities point at each other in blame.  No food, medicine, fuel, nothing that we rely on purchasing will then be available.  There would spring up black market economies at local levels using gold and silver or outright barter of goods but globally the world would be in chaos for quite awhile.  Violence would come with the fear the collapse would cause. 

In that frame of reference, Covid-19 wouldn't seem very serious at all.

BTW, I respect your opinions as well and I truly hope you and your loved ones stay safe in this scourge :tu:

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. 

We kind of get that idea already :)  Hey, he may lose but if he does and we wind up with sleepy Joe acting like he's president when everyone knows he'd just be a figurehead, I wouldn't expect order to come from chaos.  Those who think that all they have to do is to vote and then they can subdue the other half of the country to their diktats will have a stark awakening.  I'm not making threats, I'm just voicing the opinions I've seen and heard both in my own community and in other areas online.

• Like 3

I see this thread as signaling the beginning of intensified  electioneering - in preparation for November..

They have literally not stopped for 3 1/2 years putting a negative spin on anything Trump does or says...

BUT

with 6 months to go they are going to go into a higher gear now.... buckle up .... :)

Just having the Thread Headline 'Trump's in Trouble' will be considered an electioneering plus...

The next Presidential Election is going to be monumental.. with the emphasis on mental ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bee said:

The next Presidential Election is going to be monumental.. with the emphasis on mental

Agree completely.  I still have the instinct that if the media maintain their hysteria for the next 6 months, THEY will re-elect him.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

We kind of get that idea already :)  Hey, he may lose but if he does and we wind up with sleepy Joe acting like he's president when everyone knows he'd just be a figurehead, I wouldn't expect order to come from chaos.  Those who think that all they have to do is to vote and then they can subdue the other half of the country to their diktats will have a stark awakening.  I'm not making threats, I'm just voicing the opinions I've seen and heard both in my own community and in other areas online.

re bolded... yeah I don't see it as a done deal because of the depth of corruption and the intense mind control from the MSM etc...

I see the next US election as (at a really basic level) ..... Free Thinkers v The Brainwashed....

Even genuine, decent Democrats will have to get lumped in the Brainwashed Category if they encourage the kind of crap we have seen in the last 3 1/2 years..

Many on the Left and those who identify as Progressives are not planning on encouraging the Democrat Party in it's present form..
how many will quietly slip in a vote for Trump we don't know... or they will go Third Party rather than endorse the likes of Pelosi, Brennan, Schiff etc etc...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, and then said:

If done without following the guidelines that the experts created - note, it's the EXPERTS that created them, not the President - then I agree.  The virus hasn't changed significantly and is still as infectious as it ever was.  OTOH, it is simple truth to acknowledge the death toll that economic collapse would have in its wake.  I realize that most don't subscribe to the idea that such a collapse could happen but it doesn't take an economist to realize the kind of chaos that would exist when the people lose all faith in the dollar.  The politicians - both sides - are spending trillions of dollars that have no intrinsic value backing them up.  It's caveat currency gone completely over the edge and unless they rein it in soon, it will be too late.

One Party seems content to allow the mess to crash around them and then to prove they can supply the needs of everyone but that is obviously a lie and only the most foolish and uneducated in our nation will accept that lie.  They both are talking about stage FOUR of a giveaway and that will certainly add one or more trillion dollars to the already insane level of funny money the Fed is creating.  Imagine waking up and seeing the news that hyperinflation or outright collapse has occurred.  Everything will shut down while different government entities point at each other in blame.  No food, medicine, fuel, nothing that we rely on purchasing will then be available.  There would spring up black market economies at local levels using gold and silver or outright barter of goods but globally the world would be in chaos for quite awhile.  Violence would come with the fear the collapse would cause. 

In that frame of reference, Covid-19 wouldn't seem very serious at all.

BTW, I respect your opinions as well and I truly hope you and your loved ones stay safe in this scourge :tu:

I totally agree that throwing money at this problem will not fix or make it go away in fact I think to do so indiscriminately is foolish and could certainly cause the economic break down your talking about. If the money is going to be spent, especially on research it has to be controlled with an Iron Fist so that it isn't wasted, As fore lies, to be honest it's almost impossible to tell what the truth really is these days and that is only confusing our people even more.

One thing that needs to occur is our leading medical experts need to be given control of the situation. Our Government Leadership on all sides need to keep their collective mouths shut and follow the advise of the experts. To date that has not been happening and it's rather embarrassing when the Leading experts in the fields of epidemiology openly do not agree with the what the President is saying during the White House briefings on National Tv.

Our President needs to replace Vice President Pence, with the best and brightest epidemiologist in the country along with other like people to make a Presidential Advisory Commission that takes charge of this Pandemic and who's word is final and completely supported by our President. This is the only way the current situation can be controlled and effectively brought under control. It will also keep the President on the same page as the experts that are advising him.

It would also put an end to the confusing information that's currently being put out to the American public which is only causing problems and nothing productive or good.

Peace

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bee said:

I see this thread as signaling the beginning of intensified  electioneering - in preparation for November..

They have literally not stopped for 3 1/2 years putting a negative spin on anything Trump does or says...

BUT

with 6 months to go they are going to go into a higher gear now.... buckle up .... :)

Just having the Thread Headline 'Trump's in Trouble' will be considered an electioneering plus...

The next Presidential Election is going to be monumental.. with the emphasis on mental ^_^

Or it may hinge on the success or failure of our country to get this pandemic under control. If it is still raging until November there is no telling how or who the public will blame for this crisis, but one thing is for certain this pandemic will effect how people are going to vote, because it's also going to effect who they trust.

Peace

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Or it may hinge on the success or failure of our country to get this pandemic under control. If it is still raging until November there is no telling how or who the public will blame for this crisis, but one thing is for certain this pandemic will effect how people are going to vote, because it's also going to effect who they trust.

Peace

bolded....

maybe it will... and that means the General Public in America are in grave danger--

because the Anti Trump Movement will be trying to keep it going for as long as possible...
will want high numbers of deaths - will want high numbers of infection...
will want the economy to struggle or crash ... will want millions out of work... and in poverty... etc
so that Trump can be blamed...

I think we are about to see what price the American People are going to pay so that the Anti Trump Brigade can boost their chances of winning in November..

They have no mercy 

At this point it looks like they would do ANYTHING to oust Trump...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Well, when the media is being constantly called fake media

A lot of it is.

(Fox) is lauded by the very same president as legit.

If they don't constantly print fake news about him he's going to to give them praise, though i don't think this statement to be true.

Or are you a *Trumper who believes that he hasn't done anything wrong?

No i'm not a Trumper i live in the UK, he's a very poor orator, as a strange way of expressing himself with some unusual ideas but he's done nothing wrong to me, what's he done wrong to Canada? i'd like to ask that same question to every none American trying to bring him down 'what as he done wrong to your country' or are you just anti Trump because he's white (orange) right wing and you've hated him from the beginning and what ever he said or done you'd still have the same view. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bee said:

bolded....

maybe it will... and that means the General Public in America are in grave danger--

because the Anti Trump Movement will be trying to keep it going for as long as possible...
will want the economy to struggle or crash ... will want millions out of work... and in poverty... etc

I think we are about to see what price the American People are going to pay so that the Anti Trump Brigade can boost their chances of winning in November..

They have no mercy 

When I read you reply it really makes me realize how far America has fallen. You are truly unable to separate politics from the reality of what is happening Nation Wide, and I know your not alone. But the fact of the matter is simple people are sick and dying because the people who need to be in charge of this crisis aren't ( The best and brightest epidemiologists and Doctors ). The blame for this falls squarely on all of our Americas Leaders from both sides of the fence, no single side is less guilty than the other.

Neither are allowing the people who have the best chance of fixing this do the jobs they are trained to do. Both sides are trying to control the medical profession by trying to making them bend to their party lines. Which has caused the truth to be distorted and which has lead America to where it is right now. If our medical professionals were in charge from the beginning lives would have been saved, and most likely the person to person spread of the Virus would not be where it is now.

So please continue to look at this situation through tinted glasses, and beleive what you will but you can't deny that we are the Nation with the most deaths and the most people ill in the entire world. While we are also one of the most advanced Nations on the planet, now the two Situations really don't equate unless it's also true that our Entire Government has failed its people on too many levels to mention.

I don't care who wins in November in my opinion we should collectively as a Nation p*** on them, because collectively they have all proven that they don't know how to lead, and worst of all that the American people are not the priority in this crisis. 

Hope all is well with you and your family. and I hope it continues to be so. But we certainly do not agree on this subject, and that's ok with me.

Peace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious...

Here in Canada our Federal government has done nothing differently than the USA Federal government.  Yet our numbers are incredibly low.

Why do you think that is?

The difference is the population count and density of the population.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

A lot of it is.

If they don't constantly print fake news about him he's going to to give them praise, though i don't think this statement to be true.

No i'm not a Trumper i live in the UK, he's a very poor orator, as a strange way of expressing himself with some unusual ideas but he's done nothing wrong to me, what's he done wrong to Canada? i'd like to ask that same question to every none American trying to bring him down 'what as he done wrong to your country' or are you just anti Trump because he's white (orange) right wing and you've hated him from the beginning and what ever he said or done you'd still have the same view. 

His penchant for giving licence to violence, sexual assault, racism, corruption of the rule of law, lack of personal responsibility, and a host of other character flaws are being emulated by Canadian Conservatives, most notably, Albertans, to their own detriment. I have no wish for Trump style politics to take root in Canada. Everything about *Trump screams ineptitude on an unheard of scale in presidential politics. His string of latest Covid-19  press conferences/rallies just cemented it in the history books. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

His penchant for giving licence to violence

That's a new one on me, what do you have/

lack of personal responsibility, and a host of other character flaws

That's not your problem

sexual assault

What was he convicted for?

I have no wish for Trump style politics to take root in Canada.

That's not Trumps fault and democracy will decide what type of politics you have in Canada.

latest Covid-19  press conferences

Don't you have your own conferences? Trump doesn't expect Canadians to follow the American advice, follow the Canadian one and you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just curious...

Here in Canada our Federal government has done nothing differently than the USA Federal government.  Yet our numbers are incredibly low.

Why do you think that is?

I don't know anything about how Canada has responded.

But I do know that a problem with stats between countries is that there has been no universal way to track Covid. 

All nation's aren't testing the same or the same amounts, all nation's aren't recording the same. (For example nation's that test more people will show lower rates and nation's that only test severe symptom people will have higher rates)

Just last week PA revised it's death count based on what they felt was a too liberal recording practice of Covid deaths.

https://www-delcotimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.delcotimes.com/news/coronavirus/pa-department-of-health-revises-down-covid-19-death-counts/article_163da96c-8598-11ea-a448-df69014605d9.amp.html?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASDAAQE%3D#aoh=15879107116612&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.delcotimes.com%2Fnews%2Fcoronavirus%2Fpa-department-of-health-revises-down-covid-19-death-counts%2Farticle_163da96c-8598-11ea-a448-df69014605d9.html

But if Canada is testing similar amounts of people and recording in similar ways it could just come down to population health, if the U.S has higher heart disease and other at risk conditions then Canada then that would lead to more death or if Canada's population is younger on average then the U.S then that would effect it.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bee said:

bolded....

They have no mercy 

Ridiculous !   You seriously think ANYONE would want this death and disaster to " keep going as long as possible". .just to hurt his orange majesty's chances for reelection?    I can't stand trump ...for many of the policies he endorses ( new oil leases on public lands) (just signing a bill Re allowing a pesticide that is known to kill off bees..if the bees die..we die. ). etc. etc. etc.. But, I most certainly don't want what you are saying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

Ridiculous !   You seriously think ANYONE would want this death and disaster to " keep going as long as possible". .just to hurt his orange majesty's chances for reelection?    I can't stand trump ...for many of the policies he endorses ( new oil leases on public lands) (just signing a bill Re allowing a pesticide that is known to kill off bees..if the bees die..we die. ). etc. etc. etc.. But, I most certainly don't want what you are saying.

yes I'm afraid I do...

clearly you are not one of them... but I do think they are out there... people involved in politics and the Democrat Campaign who do not want Trump to have any success in combating the virus and getting the economy back on track..

because that will help him win another term and they do not want that.... no matter what

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

That's a new one on me, what do you have/

That's not your problem

What was he convicted for?

That's not Trumps fault and democracy will decide what type of politics you have in Canada.

Don't you have your own conferences? Trump doesn't expect Canadians to follow the American advice, follow the Canadian one and you'll be fine.

Trump: We will put soldiers on Canadian border.

Canada: Nope.

Trump: Ok.

Trump: No masks for Canada.

Canada: Wanna bet?

Trump: I fold.

Trump: We are opening the border with Canada.

Canada: Yes, when we say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, acidhead said:

BTW, CNN won the Fake News Awards.

.. by presenter #45, so what?

57 minutes ago, odas said:

Trump: We will put soldiers on Canadian border.

Canada: Nope.

Trump: No masks for Canada.

Canada: Wanna bet?

Trump: I fold.

Trump: We are opening the border with Canada.

Canada: Yes, when we say.

Trump sounds very accommodating. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bee said:

yes I'm afraid I do...

clearly you are not one of them... but I do think they are out there... people involved in politics and the Democrat Campaign who do not want Trump to have any success in combating the virus and getting the economy back on track..

because that will help him win another term and they do not want that.... no matter what

The idea that people in the Democratic Campaign or the Republican Campaign would willingly advocate the death of other Americans for political advantage is Ludicrous. However, if it were true it's one of the greatest acts of Treason and Terrorisum ever perpetrated against the American people. The fact is over the last 20 years, and mainly since the SARS epidemic previous Administrations including the current one have not prepared for a Pandemic that all knew was coming.

SARS was the Worlds wake up call in 2002, here we had the first Deadly Coronavirus transmitted from Bats to humans. However, we dodged a bullet because t wasn't infectious enough to cause a Global Pandemic due to this the Major outbreak was contained. Then we had the second Deadly Coronavirus MERS in 2014, here again maybe conditions where not right or it also wasn't infectious enough to cause a Global Pandemic so it was contained. But it was also transmitted from Bats to Humans.

Then around October of 2019 another unknown Viral out break occurred which was later determined to be another Deadly Coronavirus transmitted from Bats to Humans and it is call COVID19 and this time there are no more wakeup calls. This Virus is the one that broke loose and will never be completely contain, this one has shown us our time to prepare is over. You see Bee, this is why I say our Leaders have failed us, and why I say they knew this was coming. The greatest Medical minds have been telling Adminstration after Administration to get prepared and it feel on deaf ears.

Like all previous Adminstrations President Trumps also paid no attention to the Medical Experts and while it was wrong I don't fault him personally for that. What I fault him for are his actions as the President of The United States from the beginning of this Pandemic back in 2019 through this present day, let's face it he is just the poor fellow sitting in the Oval Office when this started. Having said all of this, the facts are clear even though he isn't completely responsible for our current state of affairs, he does should a large portion of the responsible after he was aware of what was happening.

While I do completely understand he is just the poor smuck left holding the ball, it is also clear that he also has not to date proven that as our President he has what it takes to standup and give us the Leadership,needed at this time, in this situation. The fact  is he has failed very badly on many levels and while under the circumstances no human could be expected to do a perfect job his actions as the President have made this entire situation worst than it had to be simply by not being proactive from the beginning.

Now as things are coming to light it's impossible to say that he has done the best job possible under the circumstances for the following reasons:

1) By the Middle of January all World Leaders where aware of the New Coronavirus that was starting to devistate Hubi China.

2) At this time President Trump and his Administration played down this event and did not take the necessary actions especially where travel to the United States from abroad was concerned. Even though the infectious nature of this New Coronavirus was known by early January no attempts were made to control or slow Global Commercial shipments from infected regions.

3) By February 6th 2020 the first death occurred in California, now it has been determined that this individual was infected from Social Spread of the Virus, and this information was not released to the general public. This information was kept from the public, and our Nations people were being told by our President that America was in no danger, and that in the event of a Viral outbreak from this New Coronavirus our Nation was prepared and equipped to handle an situation that could occur. At this time testing in the United States was very limited for two reasons a lack of capacity for testing and more importantly by a FEDERAL mandate placed upon the CDC. 

4) Then on February 8th 2020 the CDC started urging Americans to start washing their hands and to take other precautions such as social distancing to help Curb community  spread of a Virus that had not even been Nationally acknowledged by the Federal Government. But then mysteriously within the next 24 hours the CDC released a statement Via Twitter saying that face masks were not needed to prevent community spread of the Virus and that community spread was not taking place in the United States. This is where the Federal Stepped in an attempt to down play a situation that was already beyond its control.

5) On February 28th President Trump reported to the Nation that the first death directly from the New Corona Virus had occured. Within days of his announcement two more Deaths had occurred in King County Washington at a Nursing home and the fact that community spread of this Virus was occurring Nationally could no longer be hidden from the American People. 

6) Up until this time the President was still intentionally down playing the National Tradgity that was about to occur. Even though he was aware of how serious things were and what was coming in the days ahead. But even with the advance knowledge of the seriousness of situation little was done at the Federal level to begin preparations and history has already shown far far to little was done far far to late. 

In the end Bee the person in charge has to take responsibility, and across our entire political spectrum no one is doing that. Finger pointing is the name of the game, not following the advise of our Medical community is the name of the game and worst of all bending our current situation for political gain is criminal and both our political parties are equally responsible for doing it. All of this above has lead to a needless loss of lives, along with other factors, and it has also shown that our political parties do not have the American people best interests in mind, and that is inexcusable.

I know you most likely will not answer this post, like you did when I quoted you earlier and that's ok. But Bee it's time for the politics to end, and to realize that all our political parties are at fault.

Peace

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I know you most likely will not answer this post, like you did when I quoted you earlier and that's ok. But Bee it's time for the politics to end, and to realize that all our political parties are at fault.

I made my point (that I still stand by).... and I have read your responses...

:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1