Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Would You React. To A God Revelation?

Hammerclaw

It's all hypothetical, or a pure fantasy scenario for some. It might be an affirmation or a bewildering experience if disassociated from conventional theology. No one really knows from a factual perspective if there is a God/Creator and what He/She/It is really like.

• Like 7

If I rationally judged is was real beyond reasonable doubt, I would accept it. I think many already have had things revealed to them.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly,  that seems impossible to answer ?    For me at least.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's all hypothetical, or a pure fantasy scenario for some. It might be an affirmation or a bewildering experience if disassociated from conventional theology. No one really knows from a factual perspective if there is a God/Creator and what He/She/It is really like.

If I came face to face with our proported Creater or one of his emissaries and the situation was truly as miraculous as described in the scriptures I would react in a positive manner, and ask forgiveness for my lack of belief. But I do not expect this to happen anytime soon, because I simple don't beleive in the existence of such an entity.

Oh and by the way, I think that the best statement that was ever made concerning the Christian Religion is ( God acts in mysterious Ways ). For me this simply means that people who are believers have no proof or their beliefs and this catch all is all they have to justify them.

Peace

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How much did I drink? What did I take? And how far down the rabbit hole have I fallen? 

Since you are God and you appear to yourself would you see it as a split personality issue? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Coffee or tea with something... 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I would assume it was a transition into schizophrenia.:wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Since you are God and you appear to yourself would you see it as a split personality issue? 

I think if God appeared to himself it would mean that he is mortal, and at that point he also would not believe that God ever existed.

Peace 

• Like 1

Child-Looking-Through-Tube.jpg

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, lightly said:

That seems like the most honest answer. :tu:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Child-Looking-Through-Tube.jpg

Ah! So he's the one who's been hoarding toilet paper!

You can see he's got a clean @ss by his smug smile!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Piney said:

9c5.jpg

• Haha 5

This is a tough hypothetical question. 

People say higher power and I'm not sure what that encompasses. A ghost that has the ability to come in and out of existence at will? An alien able to transport itself instantly across the universe? All the way up to the omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent creator of the cosmos.

That's one of the issues with trying to find a consistent definition of god/higher power.

Everyone seems to differ on what characteristics can be attributed to such a thing.

Firstly, I would probably act very skeptical in the process of identifying any supernatural being. 

Insert Arthur C. Clark's quote about advanced technology being the equivalent to magic.

It would be an interesting situation that would need to be an affirmed justification of constituting a being as a "higher power."

Since, I'm assuming this being would be communicating in an understandable fashion, I would have a billion questions to ask.

One of the more important ones would have to do with free will vs. destiny. If everything is already set in motion with a definitive outcome or does every possibility exist at some place in space and time or whatever the case may be.

Another would have to be about how much life is in the universe. It's way too big for all of it to be for our amusement. And if there is life littered around the universe, what have they learned that we haven't?

Like I said, a billion questions is how I would react to a higher power. Even if it wasn't the creator of everything. If it was Walker's alien I still would have years worth of questions and discussions to have with this being.

As to how it would change my life, I'd have to think that it would be predicated by the answers I was given to my questions.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Piney said:

Since you are God

Well. Cats out of the bag. Guess I've got to rapture people now. 

"Vega. Play BFG division." 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Despite some of the cutesy, even smarmy answers that deny the possibility of their being converted to theism by a powerful epiphany or communication with a supernatural deity, the truth is that none of us can say how we would react until it happened. And the type of "God Shot" would dictate our resulting reactions too.

Who can say? The staunchest and most outspoken hardcore Dawkinsesque atheist might become a mass of quivering, converted,  obedient jelly driven to his knees if his God Revelation was powerful enough. So this question, like the "Do you believe in God" query, which I always answer with, "Define God".. demands an equivalent sort of clarification: "what type of revelation would it be? Describe it.  Visual? Something that irrefutable defied physical laws and reality as we know it?

The OP question cannot be answered with any degree of certainty without the responder knowing the details of the hypothetical revelation.

Peace.

Unless you already know what "it" is.

Believe it or not, but by intensively studying nature, you are able to figure out what "God" is. And, believe me, he's not even the most interesting part of it all.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why the F does it always have to be the Christian God? 

Confirmation bias ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, lightly said:

I think it would matter HOW such a revelation was accomplished.  In most people's lives, they have no room for a god other than themselves so the tendency would be to reject faith, even if there was evidence of a sort that was irrefutable to a rational person.  From what I've seen of people in my life, even if they actually believed that conforming to rules that were laid down by a supernatural being would make their lives better... many would still rebel against it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

I would have to be “wowed” and the evidence would have to be solid to actually consider this kind of experience as valid, let alone be a spokesperson for anything divine. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Despite some of the cutesy, even smarmy answers that deny the possibility of their being converted to theism by a powerful epiphany or communication with a supernatural deity, the truth is that none of us can say how we would react until it happened. And the type of "God Shot" would dictate our resulting reactions too.

Mine was a honest answer.

I was raised in the Religious/Chieftain Caste. To be a "worker" not a "believer" and I know the psychology of how it works. 

• Like 9