Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Would You React. To A God Revelation?

Hammerclaw

2 minutes ago, R.A.L.sees said:

If the game is to con, then I guess I'm out.  I guess I got punked and the whole prove it thing was a two day distraction.  I guess no deal.  Forgive me for the word deal desertrat it was a different conversation.  You think my words are bad or not the right ones when I type, you should hear me talk.   The dialect and the phrases of multi cultures I use has been called out.  Thanks guys, it has been a learning experience for sure. 

I don't think any one intended to "punk" you, school you, maybe, not punk you. 

It is a good thing to remember that written communication is not the same as verbal communication.  You cannot add inflection to indicate the emotional impact you want your words to have, and it is very easy to misunderstand or go off on triggered responses.  Everyone has trigger words and when communicating in writing you have to be cognizant of your trigger words.

I am sure I would understand you better if we were face to face and you would see on my face that I have no ire or distress over your words, just that precision is a thing for me in communication and emotional words don't translate the same in writing as the do verbally.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think any one intended to "punk" you, school you, maybe, not punk you. 

It is a good thing to remember that written communication is not the same as verbal communication.  You cannot add inflection to indicate the emotional impact you want your words to have, and it is very easy to misunderstand or go off on triggered responses.  Everyone has trigger words and when communicating in writing you have to be cognizant of your trigger words.

I am sure I would understand you better if we were face to face and you would see on my face that I have no ire or distress over your words, just that precision is a thing for me in communication and emotional words don't translate the same in writing as the do verbally.

Well said. 

I come here for these kind of posts, this is excellent advice.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 10:19 AM, R.A.L.sees said:

Oooo la la, probably my favorite conversations are about my views and my testimony that I believe God exists.  You want proof and stories about how a higher power and the hope and belief that God brings me keeps me moving forward.  I believe there are so many names out there for which they all stand for some of the same things and then again if you want to bring the opposite of good in then of course we have war over what we believe.  But, I DI GRESS.

I have been following my Spirit and talking with my God and receiving answers back.  I got where I am today because of listening and receiving, yes in faith, but when you walk in faith, that is where you would turn.  I know and have seen power in the laying on of hands, I know and have seen power in prayer, I know and have seen the power of that little voice inside or the voice of the hawk or the sound of thunder that there is a God out there that I am proud to call my Father.  (Do I have father issues you ask yourself...probably, do you?)   

So back to the miracles Ive seen, they are many.  Where would you like me to start, what age.   

I'm a believer, but I don't believe you. You're nothing more than another conceited pompous ass, peddling your own noxious brand of snake oil, a bs artist of the first stripe. You have no tact, no finesse and have the persuasive qualities an Asian Hornet when doubted or your claptrap questioned. We already have a surfeit of self-appointed prophets and demagogues on this site, so your services are not required.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There are places that gods exist. In all their splendour and horror. That is within our imagination, our books and our art. That is the magick of language. It's a means of changing consciousness. To cast a spells is to merely communicate information. Though the cause and effect may vary.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Oh what spells we cast upon one another.

How true, in some instances or "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, but slightly reworded.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There are places that gods exist. In all their splendour and horror. That is within our imagination, our books and our art. That is the magick of language. It's a means of changing consciousness. To cast a spells is to merely communicate information. Though the cause and effect may vary.

Unfortunately, there is as much negative wrought with the art as there is the positive. Seduce the crowd, enthrall and entrance them is the hallmark of dark oratory, as well, such as that of Hitler's.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Unfortunately, there is as much negative wrought with the art as there is the positive. Seduce the crowd, enthrall and entrance them is the hallmark of dark oratory, as well, such as that of Hitler's.

That's the power of ideas and beliefs. You can create or destroy. 

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

That's the power of ideas and beliefs. You can create or destroy. 

That is the dual nature of humankind; the power to create, the will to destroy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That is the dual nature of humankind; the power to create, the will to destroy.

Sometimes destruction is creation, and creation is destruction. Not so much dualistic as they are complimentary. We can not know evil without good. We can not do good without experiencing evil. Same goes for doing evil. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Sometimes destruction is creation, and creation is destruction. Not so much dualistic as they are complimentary. We can not know evil without good. We can not do good without experiencing evil. Same goes for doing evil. 

Well said. Sometimes destruction is in fact creation.  In that sense they are in fact complimentary.  You are correct, and pretty wise.

On that last part......I’m not sure I agree.  If I were sober I would give it my best thought.  But since I’m not, maybe I’ll try it tomorrow.  Can we know pleasure without pain....good question.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong thread.

Edited by GoldenWolf