Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Damien99

GW170817

Damien99

Can someone explain what gravitational wave GW170817 was kept such a secret and why it is concidered bad for us on earth 

Damien99
7 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

It was just a massive gravity burst that was released when two neutron stars in the galaxy NC4933 collided back in the summer of 2017. The collision was over 100 million light years away. It wasn't bad for us at all,  and in fact marked a great scientific achievement in radio astronomy and our technology for analyzing and detecting cosmological events. If memory serves a Nobel Prize was awarded.

But from my understanding something is being hidden from it from scientists

Waspie_Dwarf
Just now, Damien99 said:

That's your understanding of most astronomical phenomena. In every case so far it's been the result of a combination of your inability to understand the science involved mixed with your paranoid belief that the universe is about to end.

Are you going to provide some evidence that something is being kept secret or can we just dismiss this as yet another one of your paranoid fantasies?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Damien99
5 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

That's your understanding of most astronomical phenomena. In every case so far it's been the result of a combination of your inability to understand the science involved mixed with your paranoid belief that the universe is about to end.

Are you going to provide some evidence that something is being kept secret or can we just dismiss this as yet another one of your paranoid fantasies?

It won’t let me upload the pics 

6C7F3193-16FF-4FDA-91CB-3F9697EBCD35.jpeg

Edited by Damien99

Damien99

D1032CA8-0146-40E1-A0C4-C016D02D69F3.jpeg

Waspie_Dwarf

So you think a quote from a twitter conversation with no context counts as evidence do you?

That explains a lot.

Any fool can post any rubbish on social media,  it doesn't mean it should be taken seriously. Your own posts are proof of this.

You don't understand basic science. I am going to repeat what I have been telling you for a long time, you can't possibly understand the complex stuff. Take time out from scaring yourself with nonsense and use the time to learn some real science. 

May I suggest that you research the Dunning–Kruger effect at some stage, it has a major significance where your posts are concerned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ChrLzs
3 hours ago, Damien99 said:

Rubbish.  Science does not respect countries borders, so how could it possibly be 'hidden'?  Plus a LOT of astronomy is done by, or verified by, amateur astronomers around the globe.

There was nothing hidden and you need to get off twitter if you are this easily fooled by tinfoilhatters.  Did you start by looking at the Wiki?  It's comprehensive..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GW170817

Be brave and go join your nearest astronomy club.

jbondo

The best aspect are those amateur astronomers who keep the pros honest, many of whom are pretty sharp. Not to mention they've made a discovery or two themselves.

toast
On 4/27/2020 at 11:40 PM, Damien99 said:

Can someone explain what gravitational wave GW170817 was kept such a secret

173000 hits for GW170817 on Google. Secret? Where?

Waspie_Dwarf
23 hours ago, Damien99 said:

It won’t let me upload the pics 

6C7F3193-16FF-4FDA-91CB-3F9697EBCD35.jpeg

I've just followed Mr. Salzgeber on twitter to see the conversation. I have already explained to you that cherry picking,  where you only produce the evidence that supports you and hide that which doesn't, is dishonest. 

You are cherry picking,  therefore you are being dishonest. 

You didn't bother reproducing his later tweets where he explains what he means. Here is the stuff you didn't show:Screenshot_20200428-225948_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f7ea47dbba0421fce1792b8b97712e0e.jpg

Funny thing about context,  it can tell a whole different story.

• Thanks 1

Damien99
3 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

I've just followed Mr. Salzgeber on twitter to see the conversation. I have already explained to you that cherry picking,  where you only produce the evidence that supports you and hide that which doesn't, is dishonest. 

You are cherry picking,  therefore you are being dishonest. 

You didn't bother reproducing his later tweets where he explains what he means. Here is the stuff you didn't show:Screenshot_20200428-225948_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f7ea47dbba0421fce1792b8b97712e0e.jpg

Funny thing about context,  it can tell a whole different story.

My apologies those tweets came after my original post hadn’t seen them nor looked cause you told me Twitter now best place to follow. Look at the time stamps 

Edited by Damien99