Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon officially releases UFO footage

spartan max2

1 minute ago, quillius said:

ah ok thanks. well that puts a different spin on it as far as the speculation about it being edited...or the part about it becoming a 'known' being edited out to keep the mystery up.....

Here's the Pentagons official press release if you get curious.

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2165713/statement-by-the-department-of-defense-on-the-release-of-historical-navy-videos/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, quillius said:

ah ok, so you are saying it isn't the pentagon releasing this....guess i misunderstood somewhere along the way

To be honest, quillius my friend= I've no idea what's going on here!?!?
In one breath the pentagon say they're not worried (no threat to national security or words to that effect)

& in the next breath, they're saying they don't know what they are!?!? So what convinces them they're not a threat if they don't know what they are!? NA, something's not right here.. It all smells a bit fishy to me

Edited by Dejarma

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Does anyone else understand what he's trying to push here?

nope, i don't

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

What I find amazing and funny at the same time is that everyone is assuming, or believes the vids released were the only ones. I'd bet dollars to donuts that they have much better ones that aren't going to be released. Plus, how much of that footage was edited out? If Vietnam was any example, a lot. Here's another ponderable. What kind of reaction would a full alien disclosure have on organized religion? I submit that would be the primary reason to not have full disclosure. 

Yep

48 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

To be honest, quillius my friend= I've no idea what's going on here!?!?
In one breath the pentagon say they're not worried (no threat to national security or words to that effect)

& in the next breath, they're saying they don't know what they are!?!? So what convinces them they're not a threat if they don't know what they are!? NA, something's not right here.. It all smells a bit fishy to me

Me too. Why does the government reverse a 80 year policy of denial at all costs over this? Something isn’t right here. 

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

It's more than likely the stuff we're not seeing is where they finally work out what it really is= something normal..

Hu? So the people who have outright denied any existence of UFO’s since the 40’s are suddenly UFO hoaxers? 

How does that make any sense?

On 4/28/2020 at 12:26 AM, ChrLzs said:

You're a wiser person than me - it's a waste of time..UFO's by definition are simply things in the sky, that the observer can't, or doesn't (want to) identify.  Every night when I'm out walking, I'll see several.  Things that I can't be bothered to positively identify, that is.  Things that range from aircraft and choppers thru to small drones, sky lanterns, birds/contrails/whatever illuminated by overhead sunlight, weather balloons, etc.  I don't usually have any trouble identifying planets and stars and satellites (Google 'Heavens Above').....

None of them show non-terrestrial behaviour.  Neither those I've seen with my own eyes, or the lamentably crappy footage that is oft presented by wide-eyed folks new to the sky...  It's also kinda funny that people keep using the term UFO wrongly, and attributing non-terrestrial behaviour to them, and yet NOT ONCE has such behaviour been recorded.... 

As stated above, the footage in question does not show anything unusual.  Quite the contrary - the imagery shows aircraft and either a bird or some other sort of windborne object like a weather- or party- balloon.  The appearance and apparent motion are absolutely normal for such items when recorded on a FLIR system, and the Defence force had nothing to lose by verifying that the footage is real.  I don't think anyone with half a brain who's looked at it, has suggested it is faked.

It's not faked, and also not interesting, unless you are new to FLIR systems with gymbal tracking...

So you believe that we are the only ones in a Universe were there's thousands of millions of planets? Dont make me laugh. The pentagon has admitted that the UFO phenomenon is real, period.

56 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Hu? So the people who have outright denied any existence of UFO’s since the 40’s are suddenly UFO hoaxers? 

How does that make any sense?

I know as much as you, preacher me ol' mate. We're all working with/ speculating/ pontificating over the same data here, Sir.

On a serious note:

I apologize if I come across as someone who knows! That is not my intention. I just find all the data on this confusing- here's why:

IMHO the pentagon/ authorities know exactly what they are. They are more than likely highly classified black ops vehicle tests that the Navy would need to know about seeing they're conducted in military airspace.

In the Fravor tic-tac footage: IMO there's no indication that suggests they don't know what it is via the audio.
They just seem to be gobsmacked at the maneuverability of the new <human> tech= I'd suggest they know exactly what they are tracking--- this is purely my opinion, nothing more......

Plus, although we're 'told' others involved are talking about it, it seems Fravor is the only one chatting to the media? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Some idiot un-patriotic American who, I would assume, has signed the official secrets act has leaked this footage to the public, which in itself technically must be an act of treason, surely? It's caused a big fuss & the authorities feel compelled to comment. But, what are they going to say? What can they say apart from 'we don't know what they are' as opposed to admitting it's highly classified black ops testing.... What do you think? I don't know, that's for sure

Peace...

dej.

6 minutes ago, Jlbenitez said:

So you believe that we are the only ones in a Universe were there's thousands of millions of planets?

there's far more than thousands of millions!

life elsewhere in the universe is not in question here...you'll work this out after a while, i'm sure;)

• Like 1

Otherwise unobtainable extremes of maneuverability and speed have been noted in UFOs, which gave every appearance of being mechanical devices, for seventy years, at least. This has been so noted, even in military studies of the phenomenon. One wonders how long such technology would, or could, be kept classified. This begins to resemble the conspiracy theory of a secret technological cabal; secret military space forces, secret bases on the Moon, and suchlike.

11 minutes ago, bison said:

Otherwise unobtainable extremes of maneuverability and speed have been noted in UFOs, which gave every appearance of being mechanical devices, for seventy years, at least. This has been so noted, even in military studies of the phenomenon.

interesting.. what studies are you referring to? what kind of data were they looking at?

From this era we have Project Sign (USAF) 1948, the West German investigation-- 1951-54, headed by Dr. Herman Oberth, and a study by Swedish Air Intelligence, 1948. Each found some persistently unidentifiable UFOs, with aerial  performance that could not reasonably be ascribed to the technology of that era.

Each concluded that the likeliest explanation for these reports was technology from civilizations on other worlds. Dr. Oberth was quite open in sharing his conclusions about UFOs , and has been widely quoted. The Swedish study spoke of UFOs which displayed 'high technical skill which can not be credited to any presently known culture on Earth'

11 minutes ago, bison said:

From this era we have Project Sign (USAF) 1948, the West German investigation-- 1951-54, headed by Dr. Herman Oberth, and a study by Swedish Air Intelligence, 1948. Each found some persistently unidentifiable UFOs, with aerial  performance that could not reasonably be ascribed to the technology of that era.

Each concluded that the likeliest explanation for these reports was technology from civilizations on other worlds. Dr. Oberth was quite open in sharing his conclusions about UFOs , and has been widely quoted. The Swedish study spoke of UFOs which displayed 'high technical skill which can not be credited to any presently known culture on Earth'

yeah great but you didn't answer the other question:

what kind of data were they looking at? do you know?

this is going a little off topic- maybe start a new thread if you want;)

I'm sorry, I thought that was clear, from the context. They were looking at UFO sighting reports from trained observers-- military and civilian pilots, etc.

4 minutes ago, bison said:

I'm sorry, I thought that was clear, from the context. They were looking at UFO sighting reports from trained observers-- military and civilian pilots, etc.

yes of course it was clear- so the data is no more than<just stories>

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 7:07 PM, preacherman76 said:

Well they didn't directly. They did say the video was ligit though, and that would include the commentary that was said in live time.

The videos were filmed by the Navy and the sound track is apparently part of that video.

That does not mean that the statements on the video are factual, but rather the impressions from the people at that time.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:20 AM, Tw1sted Consciousness said:

I get what you're saying stereo, but Nope. Can't side with a YouTube source, for all I know you could be their affiliate traffic source. You're okay to go ahead and take a borderline personal jab at me, mentioned in passing cause I don't side with you, but at the end of the day, your points upholding some YT debunking channel  only seem as valid as anyone else here trying to say that we'll need to wait and watch, too early to call it anything. 

I'm not saying aliens, but compulsive skeptics back in the day got Galileo prosecuted. Be open to ideas. Listen. 

Again you are avoiding the content of the video and using another appeal to authority in which you claim that because it is YT the information in that video is incorrect.

Now with the failed "Be open to ideas." Here you are not open to ideas.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:32 AM, Tw1sted Consciousness said:

I'm saying we don't know for sure what it is. For the sake of keeping UM an open forum, best stick to that fact over trying to over power each other with what only are speculations from each side, believer or debunked cause at this point both sides coming off as, trying too hard to be more relevant than the other and somehow closer to truth. Smh

We do not know but many of us are certain that the Navy knows. It's there video.

hat we can do is to analyze the video as Mick west and others did. That shows that many of stories told about this video are in fact incorrect.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 9:35 AM, I'mConvinced said:

Am I not entitled to an opinion? Are you an expert? 

I don't need to be an expert if I rely on experts to do the analysis for me.

But you are of course entitled to an opinion even if it based on complete speculation and avoids learning from experts how these systems operate.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bison said:

again as I've mentioned many times before:

according to many conspiracy theories the authorities know what these things are. ya know, secret, keep it from the public, it would cause worldwide panic etc...
So why would they conduct an investigation of which the conclusion is: 'high technical skill which can not be credited to any presently known culture on Earth'

Can you work out the logic here because I bloody can't!! :unsure2: i don't know- what do you think?

9 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

What I find amazing and funny at the same time is that everyone is assuming, or believes the vids released were the only ones. I'd bet dollars to donuts that they have much better ones that aren't going to be released. Plus, how much of that footage was edited out? If Vietnam was any example, a lot. Here's another ponderable. What kind of reaction would a full alien disclosure have on organized religion? I submit that would be the primary reason to not have full disclosure. 

The Catholics would be fine. The Pope has stated that the existence of aliens changes nothing.

4 hours ago, quillius said:

ah ok thanks. well that puts a different spin on it as far as the speculation about it being edited...or the part about it becoming a 'known' being edited out to keep the mystery up.....

The Pentagon would have added information to the beginning and end of the video to identify it as coming from them. The lack of headers and trailers has been pointed out as an issue for quite some time. It is likely that two of the videos are actually clips from the same flight. They appear to be clips from the same lengthier video shot that day.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yes of course it was clear- so the data is no more than<just stories>

I don't regard officially filed reports from trained observers, on whose expertise and training lives may depend, as 'just stories'. I don't think, either, that military air intelligence analysts would accept 'just stories' in reaching as  remarkable a conclusion as the existence of off-world advanced technology in our very midst.

Pentagon officially releases UFO footage

this is what the media is telling us,,, but is it legit?

the reason i'm suggesting this is because there is no mention of this amazing all telling, all revealing pentagon official release on the official pentagon web site.. why is this?

• Like 1