Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demon faced “orb” from Hummel Park

thesimplehick

I recently posted a video over in the Urban Legends forum of a recent exploration visit to Hummel Park in Omaha, NE.... Click Here If you haven’t seen it (I am not intentionally cross posting I just feel it is relevant to this - remove if needed) tonight when I was scrubbing through a point in the video (13:10-13:20) I spotted what appeared at first glance to be your common orb, but after pausing & zooming in on it I can clearly see the shape of a face. The actual orb is in the shape of a face.

1CC996C6-0252-48C3-B224-BE6DBF3DD4CC.jpeg.df107a8ecf98cd5e079785b1c6ad8555.jpeg

Come to find out after scrubbing through a few frames later there’s another angle of the same face! And this guy doesn’t look too happy with us. (He’s either angry or grinning....or both I guess?)

3253ECF0-99C3-47A5-98EF-88C93B9CB943.jpeg.ffcb716e0422bd4e1fea08d654c3cd6e.jpeg

Am I crazy? Is this just some light/camera lens reflection...or is this really some long haired creepy demonic orb?

Has anything like this ever been captured?

After googling it for the past hour I am finding other faces in orbs and some look ridiculously fake but this one is entirely shaped like a demon face. It sort of resembles Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

• Like 1

No, just no. 

Sorry, but that is no face. 

Have you got the full original photo?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

No, just no. 

Sorry, but that is no face. 

Have you got the full original photo?

:tu: thanks for the input. FYI it helps if you actually read the post...

Also, if I could have posted higher quality image I would have. I was limited to under 150KB or something so it had to be cropped pretty far in. Which is why I linked the original video.

Edited by thesimplehick
Added comment

3 hours ago, thesimplehick said:

:tu: thanks for the input. FYI it helps if you actually read the post...

Also, if I could have posted higher quality image I would have. I was limited to under 150KB or something so it had to be cropped pretty far in. Which is why I linked the original video.

Please direct to the point in the video which shows anything unusual.

Teens hang out in those woods and the guy chooses to point out clothing, it is absolutely irrelevant as is most of the video. Complete waste of time watching! 

Clothing and carved wood is nothing! 

Tales about the area are just urban myths.

The picture you have posted is so bad it is not worth posting it.

You have to provide something more solid than that. If you can not post clearer pictures, do not post them at all.

How you compare the cartoon face to your pics is just too ridiculous for words.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Pareidolia. 

A perfect case of pareidolia. :tu:

• Like 2

I believe that ghost-related orbs do occur, but I don't think you have captured one here.

An orb is the earliest visible stage of a manifestation, and doesn't include any recognizable detail such as facial features.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Pareidolia. 

What he said. ^^^^^^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Please direct to the point in the video which shows anything unusual.

Teens hang out in those woods and the guy chooses to point out clothing, it is absolutely irrelevant as is most of the video. Complete waste of time watching! 

Clothing and carved wood is nothing! 

Tales about the area are just urban myths.

The picture you have posted is so bad it is not worth posting it.

You have to provide something more solid than that. If you can not post clearer pictures, do not post them at all.

How you compare the cartoon face to your pics is just too ridiculous for words.

yet again, read the OP dude.
not my fault you chose to watch the entire video.

49 minutes ago, acute said:

I believe that ghost-related orbs do occur, but I don't think you have captured one here.

An orb is the earliest visible stage of a manifestation, and doesn't include any recognizable detail such as facial features.

thank you for considerate response.
i did however see facial features in this one... or else i wouldn't have posted it.

orb_1st_angle.jpg.84ab258cb62ce157223798e56604b88f.jpg

orb_2nd_angle.jpg.b474b97851af2121f048c1ec0542678a.jpg

• Haha 2

If you have to throw geometry and measurements at something to try and show a "face", it's probably not a face. Even with your overlays, I still see nothing. This is wishful thinking at best.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, moonman said:

If you have to throw geometry and measurements at something to try and show a "face", it's probably not a face. Even with your overlays, I still see nothing. This is wishful thinking at best.

Oh it was clear as day to me.. i made the "geometry and measurements overlay" for those of you struggling to see.

1 minute ago, thesimplehick said:

Oh it was clear as day to me.. i made the "geometry and measurements overlay" for those of you struggling to see.

You mean the pareidolia orb. So that we "see" what you want to be seen.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thesimplehick said:

That's the whole point - if you have to "struggle" to see something, there's nothing to see. It's in your mind and your mind alone, no one else sees anything.

I can think of one user that will come in here and see it (only because they believe anything and everything) - other than that one yes man, I doubt you will get any bites here.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, thesimplehick said:

:lol:

@freetoroam  You were waaaayyyy overdue darling!!! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thesimplehick said:

I have read it.

Lets go through it again:

13 hours ago, thesimplehick said:

I spotted what appeared at first glance to be your common orb, but after pausing & zooming in on it I can clearly see the shape of a face. The actual orb is in the shape of a face

No it is not, there is no face there.

Pareidolia is what it is.

Please explain what you mean by a common orb ( this should be interesting) :rolleyes:

Come to find out after scrubbing through a few frames later there’s another angle of the same face! And this guy doesn’t look too happy with us. (He’s either angry or grinning....or both I guess?)

There is no face.

Then you actually try to give it an emotion.

Am I crazy? 

No, you just do not understand photography and have no idea about pareidolia.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

You are having a laugh!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

it looks more like gordon the gopher 

image.jpeg.c77f2c640f9d5256cc5c589b1c827a53.jpeg

I can kind of see it...At least we’re getting somewhere now. :)

• Like 1

I thought it looked like the crypt keeper too, but i didn't hear any obnoxious laughing soo... can't be him.

cryptkeeper.JPG.ff2559d13b88691ffb7f71ba780b003b.JPG