Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Justin Amash running as Libertarian candidate

spartan max2

It's not official yet but he has created a exploratory committee and website to get the Libertarian nomination for president.

Washington — Michigan Congressman Justin Amash, an Independent who left the Republican Party last year after becoming disillusioned with party politics, announced Tuesday he is exploring a third-party bid for the White House.

Amash announced on Twitter he is forming an exploratory committee to seek the Libertarian Party's nomination for president, with the message, "Let's do this."

"Americans are ready for practical approaches based in humility and trust of the people," Amash tweeted. "We're ready for a presidency that will restore respect for our Constitution and bring people together."

https://www-cbsnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/justin-amash-presidential-run-exploratory-committee/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASDAAQE%3D#aoh=15881692329513&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2Fnews%2Fjustin-amash-presidential-run-exploratory-committee%2F

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like Amash and wish him well. Though I think third party votes are a waste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I like him and he's got a good record but a snowball's chance in Hell. 

He's just going to steal votes from Biden and help The Orange Painted Twit by proxy. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

He's just going to steal votes from Biden and help The Orange Painted Twit by proxy. 

I always felt like libertarian votes take more from Republican candidates then Democrat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I always felt like libertarian votes take more from Republican candidates then Democrat.

I just know a lot of Libertarians are anti-Indian self government/ Indian Health Service and won't vote for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

"Another dude begins useless endeavor"

Fixed your headline.

He might be trying to distinguish himself for future presidential runs.

He is only 40. A spring chicken in politican years.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Amash was a Republican, so surely he would take more votes from Trump than Biden.

• Thanks 1

I think he's late to the party but the guy I wanted to vote for has dropped out.  Thanks for posting this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think he's late to the party but the guy I wanted to vote for has dropped out.  Thanks for posting this.

Vermin Supreme?

9 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Vermin Supreme?

Hell no.  Even the Libertarians don't vote for him.  You won't find the guy on the list any more.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah most of the states have voted already.

I really think he is just working on name recognition for 2024 to try and run on the repub ticket.

Edited by spartan max2

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Yeah most of the states have voted already.

I really think he is just working on name recognition for 2024 to try and run on the repub ticket.

That is one of the things that bugs me is that primaries are not on the same day in every state, so some states, like New Mexico, that don't have primaries until May really are out of the picture unless they decide to vote the way the other states have already voted.  It keeps everything skewed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is one of the things that bugs me is that primaries are not on the same day in every state, so some states, like New Mexico, that don't have primaries until May really are out of the picture unless they decide to vote the way the other states have already voted.  It keeps everything skewed.

I personally wish they would put all the states into three voting blocks. Basically three super Tuesdays, with each block only 1 or 2 weeks apart.

The current schedule is crazy.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I am beginning to think Democratic and Republican votes are a waste too.   I am almost ready to go with no president and let the governors run things for four years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Piney said:

I agree.  I'm not really sure what he's trying to accomplish.  If he's like Boinee, maybe someone will pay him a few million to drop out before the election ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I am beginning to think Democratic and Republican votes are a waste too.   I am almost ready to go with no president and let the governors run things for four years.

The irony of it all... these days I vote for Republicans not because I expect the shameless SOBS to stand for something, I do it just to keep the Dems from literally tearing the country apart.  I've said this before and people seem to think I'm making threats - nothing could be further from the truth. I really believe that when the next Progressive wins the Oval Office and tries to bring huge amounts of social change to this country without the consent of most of the people, the country is going into free fall and civil disobedience on a large scale.  There will be NO MORE Obama regimes that last 8 years in America.  We can find true compromise or no one gets to live in security.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this and had to update.

Justin Amash Drops Out of Presidential Race

After much reflection, I’ve concluded that circumstances don’t lend themselves to my success as a candidate for president this year, and therefore I will not be a candidate.

https://reason.com/2020/05/16/justin-amash-drops-out-of-presidential-race/?fbclid=IwAR2-_2RMrTCwVizoMt4UQL7z6bmKi5Jefmdo1Dk80n3-vAUezsIGFsL9nAc