Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New medical data about COVID-19

Grim Reaper 6

Just now, Jon the frog said:

It's time for a zombie apocalypse !

Sorry just reporting the facts.

Peace

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Meh, I'm more worried about mandatory vaccination at this point.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Well humanity is screwed. We had a good-ish run.

Ever the optimist Xeno! 

Though I've got you covered. IMO we'll recover ok from this, it's only a slight hiccup, a dress rehearsal for the real problems humanity will be looking at as this century progresses.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I wouldn't go that far, but what I find interesting is the fact main stream news stations aren't reporting this information. I have no idea why, but sooner or later its going to break wide open.

Peace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The CCP needs to be the first to go... I still believe that the preponderance of the data says that most who get this scourge survive it with relatively few long-term effects but who can tell, really?  I pretty much have made peace with myself and my family that if/when I get it, if I have to be hospitalized they can use any treatment regimen that's recommended but NO VENTILATOR.  

• Like 4

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

I wouldn't go that far, but what I find interesting is the fact main stream news stations aren't reporting this information. I have no idea why, but sooner or later its going to break wide open.

Peace

Mass panic will not help the situation...but more we know about the covid19, more we will be able to act against it. It will be difficult to get rid of this sickness... it already have different strain. It look like it will be with us for a long time or forever. 

The situation make me think of the Isaac Asimov novel,  ''The Naked Sun'' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Naked_Sun

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jon the frog said:

Mass panic will not help the situation...but more we know about the covid19, more we will be able to act against it. It will be difficult to get rid of this sickness... it already have different strain. It look like it will be with us for a long time or forever. 

The situation make me think of the Isaac Asimov novel,  ''The Naked Sun'' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Naked_Sun

I don't think the fact they aren't reporting it has anything to do with Mass Panic. I suspect it is just something else that's being kept from the public until it can't be hidden any longer. Information should be kept free flowing, the bull**** that this only is effecting the Ill and the older population in the most serious manner is nonsense. The problem is that what has been reported is creating a false sense of security for certain age groups, and this is creating behaviors that further risk those that don't fall into the so called endangered age groups.

Peace

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, and then said:

The CCP needs to be the first to go... I still believe that the preponderance of the data says that most who get this scourge survive it with relatively few long-term effects but who can tell, really?  I pretty much have made peace with myself and my family that if/when I get it, if I have to be hospitalized they can use any treatment regimen that's recommended but NO VENTILATOR.  

The thought that those who survive this having relatively few long term effects is being quickly disproven. Read some of the links I have posted above I suspect you may change your opinion on that quickly and more of this information is coming out each day.

Peace Bro

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't think the fact they aren't reporting it has anything to do with Mass Panic. I suspect it is just something else that's being kept from the public until it can't be hidden any longer. Information should be kept free flowing, the bull**** that this only is effecting the Ill and the older population in the most serious manner is nonsense. The problem is that what has been reported is creating a false sense of security for certain age groups, and this is creating behaviors that further risk those that don't fall into the so called endangered age groups.

Peace

Yep, all the emphasis are on the old and sick, they are still the most affected. But it's sure that this emphasis is creating false sense of security. This false sense of security can bring a lot of risk.

The big problem is the amount of scientifically verified information is pretty low... maybe it's one of the reason that they are not endorsing all information because they are not sure of the veracity. Like the false hope hydroxychloroquine.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the frog said:

Yep, all the emphasis are on the old and sick, they are still the most affected. But it's sure that this emphasis is creating false sense of security. This false sense of security can bring a lot of risk.

The big problem is the amount of scientifically verified information is pretty low... maybe it's one of the reason that they are not endorsing all information that they are not sure of the veracity. 

Please read the articles in the links I have provided, the data is Scientifically being verified and there is a great deal of it, I would not waste the forums time with Conspiracy theories or post information from crack pot sources. Now I understand your not saying that's what I doing, but please humor me and read the articles above in the links.

Peace

28 minutes ago, and then said:

Seems early to be assigning blame to CCP without falling for propaganda. At any rate this will only help you overlook how dysfunctional US society is and excuse its failed its institutions.

How could anyone possibly claim this at the moment (the bolded, underlined)? How could there possibly be any data on this to ponder as yet?

Edited by Horta
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Horta said:

Seems early to be assigning blame to CCP without falling for propaganda. At any rate this will only help you overlook how dysfunctional US society is and excuse its failed its institutions.

How could anyone possibly claim this at the moment (the bolded, underlined)? How could there possibly be any data on this?

All I wish is that people would take the time to read the articles in the links. The information is from data collected from patient records around the world since the beginning of the outbreak in China. I really wish people would read the articles from the links before they post, it may give them a better perspective when adding to the thread.

Peace

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Like the false hope hydroxychloroquine.

If you look into it more deeply than the MSM talking heads and people with connections to Big Pharma, not everyone agrees.  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/04/06/here-are-five-doctors-whose-patients-have-seen-recovery-with-hydroxy-chloroquine-n2566409 is just one of many reports to the contrary. It works well if given early and the wrong antibiotics are avoided, I am hearing. In one recent report claiming it is useless, the paper is not peer reviewed and there were a lot of question raised about its validity but the MSM is ignoring that side of it basically. The report "proving" it is useless is supposedly funded by Big Pharma interests. 

The argument against it is because it is generic now, and so nobody makes big bucks off it. This new one moving through the ranks of approval now made by Gilead comes with the price point of 1k PER dose. The best I can say about it is that it does show results for severe cases already on ventilators or close to it.

Follow the money. There is a lot more, a great deal more, going on out there than CNN will ever report on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Currently across the world Epidemiologist and other experts on infectious disease are learning how serious the Virus that causes COVID19 is effecting different groups of the worlds populations. This new information being gathered that is being presented is coming from research data that has been collected from infected people across the world since the beginning of this out break in China in November 2019. On many levels it appears this Virus has some very unique characteristics that have never been seen before. These include the facts that the Virus is now know to effect and cause death in all age groups. Unlike previous reports that only those with compromised immune systems, other contributing health conditions or those 60 years and older were likely to have the most serious responses or death from COVID 19. Below are links to new data being presented and newly discovered effects on different age groups within the worlds population, this new information is beginning to paint a completely new picture about this Virus and where it may have come from.

1) It is now being reported that children from infants to the age of 9 years old are being effected by the Virus. In this age group it appears the virus is causing a rare condition called Kawasaki disease which has the following symptoms which consist of very severe inflammatory responses to the arteries of the heart, skin rashes, swelling of glands, and fever. To date the majority of reports of these infections are coming from the UK and Italy. 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/28/health-chiefs-unaware-childrens-deaths-new-illness-linked-coronavirus-12619738/

2) Its now being reported that young adults are having heart attacks and strokes from blood clots forming their major arteries due to COVID 19.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/doctors-warn-covid-19-might-cause-strokes-in-young-adults/

3) Its now being reported that those patients that have recovered from the COVID 19 are having permanent forms of organ damage.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200423/the-great-invader-how-covid-attacks-every-organ

4) its also now being reported that laboratory blood work results of recovered COVID 19 patients are very abnormal.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339627510_Laboratory_abnormalities_in_patients_with_COVID-2019_infection

@Not A Rockstar

Peace

So what would this tell us about where it come from?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

The thought that those who survive this having relatively few long term effects is being quickly disproven. Read some of the links I have posted about I suspect you may change your opinion on that quickly and more of this information is coming out each day.

Peace Bro

I'm hoping that other than China, we're getting a more accurate picture every day.  One thing's for sure, no matter how bad it turns out to be, America cannot continue under lockdown.  The cure will be worse than the disease.  Most of the people I interact with here in south Alabama aren't wearing masks but do seem to be willing to respect the social distance rules.  When we get the inevitable spike in cases in a few weeks, more will begin to take it seriously again.  

As a nation, we need to get our act together, quit hiding and get through this thing.  One thing's certain, this virus almost certainly isn't going to mutate into something less damaging in the short term.  In fact the chances are it will be worse the second time around.  Hiding from it cannot go on forever.  It has to be faced and overcome even if we have to continue burying our dead for the next couple of years.  Sometimes, reality sucks... I'm pretty sure that our parents and grandparents felt the same about global war 75 years ago :( 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, razman said:

So what would this tell us about where it come from?

Its to early to tell, there isn't enough peer reviewed data for the medical community to openly say. For me I do not wish to speculate until there is proof, doing so only creates more unless theories that further pollute the accurate information being reported.

Peace

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Horta said:

How could anyone possibly claim this at the moment (the bolded, underlined)? How could there possibly be any data on this to ponder as yet?

For that matter, how can we say anything with ANY certainty and for the same reason.  We aren't going to really understand this thing for years, IMO.  What isn't going to take years is the collapse of our economy followed by civil order if we don't get on the ball and find our way through this.  Staying safe isn't a long term option.  It just isn't.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

All I wish is that people would take the time to read the articles in the links. The information is from data collected from patient records around the world since the beginning of the outbreak in China. I really wish people would read the articles from the links before they post, it may give them a better perspective when adding to the thread.

Peace

Yes, point taken and the articles are helpful. The current observations and limited research we have should be taken seriously as they are all we have to go on at this stage, though in reality we won't have great understanding of this virus and its implications for quite some time yet.

For instance, we don't know how seasonality will affect its spread and can't really predict in which way it will mutate (only that we know it will mutate). We need to take great care with this one. Sadly the world is run by politicians and economists though, so we will need lots of luck.

• Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Its to early to tell, there isn't enough peer reviewed data for the medical community to openly say. For me I do not wish to speculate until there is proof, doing so only creates more unless theories that further pollute the accurate information being reported.

Peace

Yea I can see what you mean. Though the more I see , it looks more like it may have been tinkered with.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

There is a lot more, a great deal more, going on out there than CNN will ever report on.

Too right there is!  Hydroxychloroquine has been effective in some early studies though they've been limited.  I actually believe that the fact that Trump was trying to give some encouragement to people who were panicking a few weeks ago, made the media decide to trash the whole idea of that medication having ANY VALUE whatever.  That just isn't accurate.  It certainly isn't a panacea nor is it effective for everyone but it HAS shown some efficacy and all he ever wanted was to give dying people and their physicians the option to try it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, razman said:

Yea I can see what you mean. Though the more I see , it looks more like it may have been tinkered with.

At this point in time that is impossible to say, but there is no doubt that if that is the case the truth won't stay hidden.

Peace

• Like 1

• The title was changed to New medical data about COVID-19