Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General Flynn was set up

and-then

During an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Biden was pressed by George Stephanopoulos over what he knew about the Obama administration’s moves to investigate Flynn, and whether there was anything improper done.

“I know nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn,” Biden initially said, calling the topic a “diversion” from the coronavirus pandemic.

Stephanopoulos, though, pressed Biden again, questioning whether he attended an Oval Office meeting on Jan. 5, 2017—during the presidential transition period—where Flynn apparently was discussed.

“No, I thought you asked me whether or not I had anything to do with him being prosecuted,” Biden said. “I’m sorry.”

“I was aware that there was—that they asked for an investigation, but that’s all I know about it, and I don’t think anything else ...”

Biden’s comments come as questions about what he and Obama knew about the origins of the investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in the 2016 presidential election were revived last week, as newly released documents revealed additional details about that Jan. 5, 2017, Oval Office meeting.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-says-he-was-aware-investigation-of-michael-flynn

Video within.

C'mon people. Let's break that down once more.

What do you know about investigating Flynn?

I know nothing about investigating Flynn.

But you were in meeting about investigating Flynn.

Oh, I thought you asked if I was involved with prosecuting Flynn.

Biden is a walking facepalm. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

A tiny crowded country and you cherrypick one aspect only?  Mmmm.  Good research there - are you on Trump's team?

Here, let me respond in kind, by cherrypicking another aspect, namely the number of daily new cases - isn't that  better way to look at how well a country is going?

Italy
aa_italy.jpg.89db759dbdccaeae4215f2b8d25fe6c3.jpg

US:
aa_usa.jpg.11b631d27c7fbb455de8160e4372b1dd.jpg

Can you spot the problem?  Thing is, comparing countries is quite difficult and involves an in-depth analysis..

But the point is, trumps bleating about being number one is just hysterically false.  Now that the US is finally ramping up testing, the true nature of the problem is only just being revealed.  The US did almost nothing of substance in February/March, and the resulting disaster rests largely on trump's (padded) shoulders...

I won't embarrass trump supporters further by showing how Australia has done....  

If you want to go in depth analysis I have no problem embarrassing you.

Might as well start with the numbers of confirmed infected and deaths, which are problematic to begin with as so many people show no symptoms and at least in America doctors were encouraged to put coronavirus as cause of death even if it wasnt actually the cause of death but the person tested positive for it.

I'm not going to do every country as I'm lazy.

America - 1,390,406 infected and 84,119 deaths

Italy - 222,104 infected and 31,106 deaths

Germany - 174,098 infected and 7,861 deaths

UK - 230,985 infected and 33,264 deaths.

From that of total population about 0.42% of America is infected, 0.37% of Italy is infected, 0.20% of Germany, and 0.35% of UK is infected.

Of those who have been infected for America 6% have died (0.026% entire population), for Italy 14% have died (0.052% entire population), for Germany 4.5% have died (0.009% entire population), and for the UK 14.4% have died (0.050% entire population).

So far America has slightly higher rate of infection but has one of the better chances of survival if one is actually infected by the coronavirus.

As for your question of isnt daily new cases being a better way to look at how well the outbreak is being handled the answer is simply no.  Since a very large portion of the population will have little to no symptoms any increase in testing beyond those going to the hospital for severe cases, which are by a wide margin in the minority, will cause the daily new cases to increase.

Of course there is the problem of the amount of testing done and the reliability of the tests which would play a significant role in any of those figures.

So ultimately America has one of the lower death rates per capita and infection rate is largely meaningless especially with some evidence from a Standford University study that actual infected is 50 to 85 times higher then official figures but yet to you Trump's response so far has been a disaster.

We could go really in depth and start looking at testing rates, the tests being used and the amount of false positives they produce, how many infected people dont show symptoms ect, but it would be a waste as you have clearly already decided to use this as a political weapon to attack Trump with.  Which while I'm not one to care for morals or ethics it is still a rather abhorrent and disgusting tactic to use an ongoing crisis to attack a person you have never met or interacted with cause of some one way personal, arguably irrational, hatred of a person largely cause they are of the wrong political party.

As for Australia they should have a lower rate given the lower population density and the fact that the coronavirus doesnt spread well in higher temperatures.  Essentially Australia has hit the demographic and environmental lottery when it comes to dealing with the coronavirus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This thread is about General Flynn having his treason charges dropped. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, I agree, DH, the problem is far worse than it looks, due to that bad testing regime...  But as far as how the US is being judged by the globe, and the unbelievable fact that trump did not move at all in February, after imposing what was essentially a useless ban on some China travelers, and ignoring the fact that thousands of people had already come into the country and that also they were swarming in from elsewhere...

Hideous.  And all you are doing by adding issues is shwoing the incompetence of the US pres and admin - did they not understand their own country, and what would happen if they just let things be for a full month?

Of course they dam well didn't, and that's why you have such a disaster.  At that time trump was still bleating about it all being under control.  That worked out really well for you....

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

This thread is about General Flynn having his treason charges dropped. 

Report, don't whine.

9 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

BTW, as an aside, I can't tell you how wide my smile is, as I read the way that Trump and his admin are just completely unravelling, and floundering about, flip-flopping from one conspiracy theory to the next, as this administration gradually sinks like a stone.

And yet polls show Trump's approval is at an all time high. Even CNNs last poll showed him with 44% approval. The highest ever for a CNN poll.

Thus we either have to decide if people are judging Trump and Co off something other then the economy, and virus, or... Those claiming his administration and support are collapsing, are simply full of ****.

especially when most of them could have been avoided if decent people were in office.

I'd agree many Democrat Governors did nothing.

And do note, the consensus across the Globe is that The USA and China are the countries who have mismanaged their pandemic 'response' the worst.  Just as the statistics show.

You're not reading those statistics right. Statistics are competitive. Simply stating a number and calling it "high", is not statistics. 

9 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

He prolly shouldn't have plead guilty then, right?  Gosh, he musta had bad advice.... :D 

He did. Get bad advise. Specifically when the FBI showed up to ask some casual questions, and he asked if he should have a lawyer present, and the FBI talked him out of it.

He shouldnt have pled guilty.

8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Thing is, comparing countries is quite difficult and involves an in-depth analysis..

That apparently hasnt stopped you from trying....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

What did Obama know and when did he know it?

clearly they are all up to their necks in it... but have a lot of influential people (including in the judiciary) watching their backs - because if THEY get busted the whole Democrat house of cards falls... and that would never do as the election creeps nearer..

they are now putting all their eggs into one basket ( the Basket of deplorables Coronaviruses)

and hoping that the Mind Control Media - and manipulated? data will sweep everything else under the carpet... 

they're going All In..

• Like 4

Bee, why don't you just let these folks take their 'cases' to court and see how it unfolds?  Why do you think people should (or ever would) just testify because you say so?

Oh, that's right, you think your legal system *and* your political system is greedy, immoral, corrupt and biased ... and frankly, I agree.  Your country went down the toilet starting about twenty years back, although the signs were there much earlier..

Perhaps you folks should start getting involved in politics, start a movement, set up a political party.  If ever there was a time for it...  To steal an old line..  the people are revolting.  Or at least they are if they DON'T revolt...!  You've sat back and allowed this horrendous mess to develop - isn't it about time you were part of a solution rather than talking and whining...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Bee, why don't you just let these folks take their 'cases' to court and see how it unfolds?  Why do you think people should (or ever would) just testify because you say so?

Oh, that's right, you think your legal system *and* your political system is greedy, immoral, corrupt and biased ... and frankly, I agree.  Your country went down the toilet starting about twenty years back, although the signs were there much earlier..

Perhaps you folks should start getting involved in politics, start a movement, set up a political party.  If ever there was a time for it...  To steal an old line..  the people are revolting.  Or at least they are if they DON'T revolt...!  You've sat back and allowed this horrendous mess to develop - isn't it about time you were part of a solution rather than talking and whining...

Hey ChrLzs, you do realize that Bee is in England? A UK citizen. Not a US citizen... :P

Unless, I'm wrong and she is a US Citizen living in the UK?? :hmm:

OR, Unless you are speaking about the UK, in which case... Carry on. :tu:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Hey ChrLzs, you do realize that Bee is in England? A UK citizen. Not a US citizen... :P

Unless, I'm wrong and she is a US Citizen living in the UK?? :hmm:

OR, Unless you are speaking about the UK, in which case... Carry on. :tu:

I stand corrected!  Seems odd that she is giving the US pollies so much advice, but there you go.  Most of my comments still stand, be it US or UK, though..  I don't think the UK is as far down the toilet, but geez, by picking Boris they seem to want to emulate the US with their own Trump...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Only in some crazy liberal  state would it be illegal to unmask a member of the administration who was having secret telephone calls to a Russian individual the FBI were tracing because he was suspicious.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bee said:

clearly they are all up to their necks in it... but have a lot of influential people (including in the judiciary) watching their backs - because if THEY get busted the whole Democrat house of cards falls... and that would never do as the election creeps nearer..

they are now putting all their eggs into one basket ( the Basket of deplorables Coronaviruses)

and hoping that the Mind Control Media - and manipulated? data will sweep everything else under the carpet... 

they're going All In..

The global elite are laughing all the way to the bank as they continue to siphon off a trillion dollars from the US economy and its citizens.  Meanwhile we are all tangled up in our shorts oblivious to the cash drain that may kill our economy.  If you don't think Trump is working for the elites, check out where the money is going.

Your PM may be a lot of things, but I would guess he is not a crook.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Only in some crazy liberal  state would it be illegal to unmask a member of the administration who was having secret telephone calls to a Russian individual the FBI were tracing because he was suspicious.

Of course it is illegal. The point isnt the legality of Flynn's actions, but the legality if those who arrested him.

Happens all the time, on every level of the legal system. I got out of a traffic ticket once because the cop put the wrong court date. I showed up, and showed the court clerk and there was no court open that day, so it was thrown out.

Getting off on a technicality its called.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I stand corrected!  Seems odd that she is giving the US pollies so much advice, but there you go.  Most of my comments still stand, be it US or UK, though..  I don't think the UK is as far down the toilet, but geez, by picking Boris they seem to want to emulate the US with their own Trump...

I can't believe you don't know or remember that I'm in the UK..:blink:.. even if you don't look at the Avatar info... don't you remember we had private communications a few years ago when you helped analyse one of my ''''UFO''' photos... that I took in Wiltshire, England when I was camping... it was clear that I was British living in England...

12 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Does this apply to other sections of the forum... :D

Like do you tell someone commenting in a thread about the Moon to shut up and become an astronaut ...

Or in the religious section.... stop talking and whining.... and become a priest...

Or talking about Bigfoot... don't talk about it... buy a plane ticket and get up into those Himalayan mountains...

etc

B)