Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angela Merkel to impose new tax

itsnotoutthere

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Obviously, I am under that impression. Not that it isn't your right, or that there's no chance your opinion might be more grounded in sanity than mine. 

It's not the matter of left or right, animosity towards Europe is the matter of English chauvinism (I was informed that natural English speakers cannot comprehend the original meaning of the word chauvinism, so let me translate: jingoism). 

Now, the animosity towards Europe is not the reason behind every single Brexiter stance - some people truly see an isolated country competing with neighbours as more wise choice in 21st century. I'm fine with that, though my opinion is directly the opposite. I'm not fine with chronic need to make people feel in danger of the EU. Because it's simply ridiculous.  

Wrong. Let me correct that line for you so you don't make the same mistake again :-

"animosity towards the European Union is a matter of self determination"

Please try not to confuse a continent (Europe) with an unelected quango (European union) that's the mistake remainers have been making in this country for the last 4 years, and it cost them.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Wrong. Let me correct that line for you so you don't make the same mistake again :-

"animosity towards the European Union is a matter of self determination"

Please try not to confuse a continent (Europe) with an unelected quango (European union) that's the mistake remainers have been making in this country for the last 4 years, and it cost them.

Your correction is wrong. 

So let me correct your correction with actual information: 

I elected my representatives at the EU. 

You didn't elect your queen or lords. 

Of course, that's parliamentary monarchy you've got over there, so it's all fine and not at all medieval. 

But the disinformation that EU officials are not our representatives is very obviously false. 

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Of course, that's parliamentary monarchy you've got over there, so it's all fine and not at all medieval. 

But the disinformation that EU officials are not our representatives is very obviously false. 

What are their names?

(Can you name them without referring to google)

But irrespective of that. We recently elected a government committed to seeing brexit completed. That's democracy in action despite the opposite side trying every trick in the book to thwart it.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Our Queen doesnt perform the function of a President so why does she need to be elected? My issues with the EU are as follows:

1. Member states arent allowed to bail out profitable industries without agreement from the EU.

2. Western EU states have to endure the free movement of people from Eastern Europe.

3. We cannot prevent immigration from immigrants who have gotten themselves EU citizenship from another of the member states.

4. The EU is not a federation but has a centralised government implementing one set of polices for 600 million people. As such the representation of the needs of people and businesses inside the EU is poor. EU wide businesses have to comply with a heavy amount of red tape because of this as a fair playing field is artificially created across the block.

5. As the UK is a wealthy member state it is expected to pay a large membership fee to prop up poorer members. And has had to contribute towards bailout funds to those EU member states which actually failed to meet the economic criteria for joining the entity such as Greece.

6. The UK is not a backwards nation. We are strong, with a leading military and a leading economy. Why should we give up our freedom so that Europeans can feel a little safer from conquerors or dictators? It is not our fear, if Europeans are terrified of another Napoleon or Hitler let them give up their countries. We dont need to do the same. We have a proud history of forging our own way and are in the position to do so once again.

7. I see the EU as a banana republic that only exists due to the national governments of each state ignoring the democratic will of their respective peoples. Most European people dont want the EU, Brits dont want it, so why is it being forced upon them?

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

What are their names?

(Can you name them without referring to google)

But irrespective of that. We recently elected a government committed to seeing brexit completed. That's democracy in action despite the opposite side trying every trick in the book to thwart it.

Of course I can name those I voted for. And most of those I didn't, but appreciate their efforts. And even the two I didn't vote for and who really shouldn't be there, but there they are, what can we do, that's democracy at work... 

Regarding Brexit, sure, that's the choice of the half of your population, heavily supported with false, backward, jingoist and panicky propaganda, but all in all, your own problem. I do comment on it, because you probably can bear it, but the bottom line certainly is that it is your own problem. 

The point is that you think it's some sort of isolationist victory, while I think it's an obvious source of problems for you. I'll repeat that in my opinion you do have every right to cause yourself any sort of problems you wish.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Of course I can name those I voted for. And most of those I didn't, but appreciate their efforts. And even the two I didn't vote for and who really shouldn't be there, but there they are, what can we do, that's democracy at work... 

Regarding Brexit, sure, that's the choice of the half of your population, heavily supported with false, backward, jingoist and panicky propaganda, but all in all, your own problem. I do comment on it, because you probably can bear it, but the bottom line certainly is that it is your own problem. 

The point is that you think it's some sort of isolationist victory, while I think it's an obvious source of problems for you. I'll repeat that in my opinion you do have every right to cause yourself any sort of problems you wish.  

You may see it as a problem, I can assure you we don't, more of a lucky escape. (Somewhat delayed).

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Our Queen doesnt perform the function of a President so why does she need to be elected? My issues with the EU are as follows:

1. Member states arent allowed to bail out profitable industries without agreement from the EU.

2. Western EU states have to endure the free movement of people from Eastern Europe.

3. We cannot prevent immigration from immigrants who have gotten themselves EU citizenship from another of the member states.

4. The EU is not a federation but has a centralised government implementing one set of polices for 600 million people. As such the representation of the needs of people and businesses inside the EU is poor. EU wide businesses have to comply with a heavy amount of red tape because of this as a fair playing field is artificially created across the block.

5. As the UK is a wealthy member state it is expected to pay a large membership fee to prop up poorer members. And has had to contribute towards bailout funds to those EU member states which actually failed to meet the economic criteria for joining the entity such as Greece.

6. The UK is not a backwards nation. We are strong, with a leading military and a leading economy. Why should we give up our freedom so that Europeans can feel a little safer from conquerors or dictators? It is not our fear, if Europeans are terrified of another Napoleon or Hitler let them give up their countries. We dont need to do the same. We have a proud history of forging our own way and are in the position to do so once again.

7. I see the EU as a banana republic that only exists due to the national governments of each state ignoring the democratic will of their respective peoples. Most European people dont want the EU, Brits dont want it, so why is it being forced upon them?

She doesn't, but it's quite amusing to have people from feudalism complain about lack of democracy in utterly transparent and almost boringly democratic way the EU works. 

1. If they're profitable, why they need bailing out? Other than that, or because of that, I'd be very fine with that.  

2. It's the fault of greedy employers of yours. Offer good wages and you won't have to charter Romanians to pick your fruits. 

3. To be honest, we (Eastern Europeans) were making fun of your ethnic structure long before any recent refugee waves. 'scuse my bluntness, there's no ill intention in it. 

4. Without regulations, we'd be poisoned, starved, defrauded etc. While the big business has the advantage of being compliant with the EU regulative, instead of separate sets of obstacles for each country. 

5. Smart people would find a business chance in that. But since profit has to be immediate, there's no interest in actual investment in the less developed member states. Which is something this new complication might change. 

6. And that's the actual difference between yours and my opinion: I truly can't imagine the EU wanting to conquer or damage the UK. You're one of the neighbours, we could make it work out to mutual satisfaction. It would take time and effort, certainly, and the two of us most likely wouldn't live long enough to see the final, functional result, but someone has to start building something that will serve to everyone. 

Speaking of Hitlers, one of the main good sides of the EU is that it is preventing any conflicts among members. It solves border and minority issues in the only truly lasting way: by taking away their significance. Not by making anyone feel like they lost anything. 

7. Most European people do want the EU. What you see on the Internet are the very loud and very extreme individuals, a lot of paid trolls too. I can speak for my country - take a look at comment sections in our portals and you'd say an average Croat is vaccine-fearing clerical fascist who hates the EU. While I never met a live one that would fit the description. 

All in all, it's just so silly that there're attempts at creating the image of menacing EU, spending its time on plotting against you. 

While I do respect you self-determination, I find the idea of that imaginary European foe ridiculous.     

3 hours ago, Festina said:

And this...

A financial transaction tax has been on the EU agenda for a while,” she said.

“Without the tax applying to transactions in the City of London  it is unclear how much revenue such a tax would raise in the EU, especially if it encourages more business to move out of the EU, which would clearly be seriously counterproductive to any post-coronavirus recovery.”

Thats a nonsense post as well and it seems a lot of people here have no clue what FFT is for and what kind of bizz is concerned. Its the high-frequency trading which is affected the most but not medium-sized companies, for example.

The only mission of this thread is Merkel bashing, but sorry, no banana. And yes, as a Germany and much more as an European I´m in the very lucky position to have Merkel as our head here and not a former real estate agent or another amateur fascists with perceptual disorders and an IQ like a potato. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

You may see it as a problem, I can assure you we don't, more of a lucky escape. (Somewhat delayed).

Time will tell. 

In my opinion, it would be perfect if you could have exactly what you want, undisturbed and undelayed, so you can start the rejoining process sooner. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Time will tell. 

In my opinion, it would be perfect if you could have exactly what you want, undisturbed and undelayed, so you can start the rejoining process sooner. 

`it would be perfect if you could have exactly what you want`

Oh great, please wait while I go and get my model ships and start colouring in large areas of a map in pink lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

`it would be perfect if you could have exactly what you want`

Oh great, please wait while I go and get my model ships and start colouring in large areas of a map in pink lol.

And that's exactly why we need the EU, to stop people like you - those who would use pink colour first :D 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

And that's exactly why we need the EU, to stop people like you - those who would use pink colour first :D 

I knew you would like that one lmao

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Time will tell. 

As you say, time will tell. We all have a more pressing problem to deal with first though.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Now is a good time for us to force China to meet international standards for food markets, and if they dont then there is talk here in the UK of taking our factories from the Chinese mainland and moving them to India instead.

You know, considering that the CCP apparatchiks are stating that this new virus jumped from something in that wet market.  And since the world has lost a quarter million dead because China refused to stop international air traffic from Hubei even though they had proof that this was potentially a pandemic in the making... it is absolutely mind boggling that they are arrogant enough to basically tell the world to mind their own business and then they reopen all the wet markets except the one in Wuhan.

That's communism in its purest form.  Add to that ideology the inordinate sense of pride in their history and it makes for a potential disaster.  I mean, no apology, no acceptance of ANY level of responsibility and on top of that, their minister is running his mouth at the U.S. AND OZ.  

Xi seems a little dispepsic these days.  Maybe it's something he ate...

• Like 5

Morbidly amusing. 

Everyone knew what's going on in China. Some people chose to deny it, Trump for example. He was told it's a pandemic in making and what did he do? Called it a hoax. Downplayed the number of the infected. Claimed it'll disappear like magic. Peddled quinine. Spread conspiracies that contradict US intelligence findings. 

Say it's on topic since Trump and Brexit are the result of the same platform that's abusing the same methods. (Ignoring the actual reality in particular.)

So, another argument in favour of the EU and coordinated epidemic response, among other sane and apparently much needed agreements. 

Instead of potentially misinformed and/or irrational parties in power, especially those willing to "sacrifice the weak" and attempt shifting the blame for their own inaction and mistakes, everyone sane needs one common response system that will guarantee coordinated actions safe from shortsighted political manipulations.   

Rational decisions must be made by actual professionals. Not reality show hosts (who don't know why injecting bleach is not a therapy to consider) and hostages of their own isolationist political platforms.  

How was it even possible to make people believe cooperation is evil? That finding someone to blame for your own failures will change the reality? 

How old are those who accept such childish irrationality? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Morbidly amusing. 

Everyone knew what's going on in China. Some people chose to deny it, Trump for example. He was told it's a pandemic in making and what did he do? Called it a hoax. Downplayed the number of the infected. Claimed it'll disappear like magic. Peddled quinine. Spread conspiracies that contradict US intelligence findings. 

Say it's on topic since Trump and Brexit are the result of the same platform that's abusing the same methods. (Ignoring the actual reality in particular.)

So, another argument in favour of the EU and coordinated epidemic response, among other sane and apparently much needed agreements. 

Instead of potentially misinformed and/or irrational parties in power, especially those willing to "sacrifice the weak" and attempt shifting the blame for their own inaction and mistakes, everyone sane needs one common response system that will guarantee coordinated actions safe from shortsighted political manipulations.   

Rational decisions must be made by actual professionals. Not reality show hosts (who don't know why injecting bleach is not a therapy to consider) and hostages of their own isolationist political platforms.  

How was it even possible to make people believe cooperation is evil? That finding someone to blame for your own failures will change the reality? 

How old are those who accept such childish irrationality? 

Comedy gold.

So, China lets one of their experiments escape from a lab, keeps quiet about it for two months, comes out with some c*** & bull story (with the help of the WHO) about it starting in a food market & continues to lie about the death rate in their country.....and you pour scorn on Trump!!!

Italy closed its borders & everybody praised their action, Trump does the same thing and the usual suspect criticize him!!!

"So, another argument in favour of the EU and coordinated epidemic response, among other sane and apparently much needed agreements"   Really...really. So where was their 'coordinated' response? If ever there was a time for the EU to show what it was all about now was the time & they showed themselves to be totally inept & literally left individual countries to look after themselves. The EU have agreed a 25 billion euro fund to help eu countries get over the economic impact of the virus, meanwhile the UK government has agreed a £330 billion fund to help UK business.

No sorry, the EU had its chance and failed miserably. It would be quite ironic if after all this bleating by the EU negotiators & remainers about Brexit, it is actually the Chinese government and their little virus that breaks up the EU. (probably starting with Italy)

p.s. You might want to take a look at this :-  https://project-evidence.github.io

map-1.jpg.7fb6ce5f7dbf83293f58bf872f599237.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

@itsnotoutthere  It doesn't take a lot of brains to come to conclusion that anti-epidemic measures should be coordinated (globally too, one fine day, but within a neighbourhood definitely right now) and that medical decisions shouldn't be contaminated by half-witted and/or psychopath political platforms. 

Brexit away all you want, but don't take medical advice from Trump. And don't follow his fashion in making excuses and blaming others for his own failures, because he's exceptionally pathetic at it. 

The EU did have coordinated response and closing borders was a part of it, because that's how you fight the spread of the disease that has no vaccine against yet. 

It would be more than ideal if we could have one big, closely connected health system, so we can not only coordinate the actions, but also exchange the supplies and patients (as it was done anyway, though not in the most efficient way). 

4 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So, China lets one of their experiments escape from a lab,

You don't say? There is no proof of this ever happening. The article you quoted does not prove - or claim - that. 

p.s. You might want to take a look at this :-  https://project-evidence.github.io

Why??? An article written by anonymous authors! For that reason, as an academic, I would not even read it. However, I noticed they bolded some text in the first paragraph of the abstract and, to be fair, it quite clearly says:

'This document does not attempt to provide a concrete conclusion on whether either claim is factually true. Rather, it examines the probability that each claim is true to allow the reader to make his or her own conclusions. While either claim cannot be irrevocably proven true, an attempt has been made to ensure the evidence used to support these claims is as factual as possible.'

The article proves nothing. 

Edited by Ozymandias

6 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Comedy gold.

So, China lets one of their experiments escape from a lab, keeps quiet about it for two months, comes out with some c*** & bull story (with the help of the WHO) about it starting in a food market & continues to lie about the death rate in their country.....and you pour scorn on Trump!!!

Italy closed its borders & everybody praised their action, Trump does the same thing and the usual suspect criticize him!!!

"So, another argument in favour of the EU and coordinated epidemic response, among other sane and apparently much needed agreements"   Really...really. So where was their 'coordinated' response? If ever there was a time for the EU to show what it was all about now was the time & they showed themselves to be totally inept & literally left individual countries to look after themselves. The EU have agreed a 25 billion euro fund to help eu countries get over the economic impact of the virus, meanwhile the UK government has agreed a £330 billion fund to help UK business.

No sorry, the EU had its chance and failed miserably. It would be quite ironic if after all this bleating by the EU negotiators & remainers about Brexit, it is actually the Chinese government and their little virus that breaks up the EU. (probably starting with Italy)

China has already warned Australia, that if Australia doesn't back down from launching a coronavirus inquiry. severe “economic consequences” The Aussies put two fingers up to them.

Chinese propaganda, remember when they tried to say it come from the US, or even Italy. well the European Union’s foreign affairs team delayed publication of the assessment where it criticised China. over its use of a global disinformation campaign.

China complained to the EU at least three times and warned bilateral relations would be hit should the bloc publicly accuse it of spreading coronavirus crisis propaganda, The EU backed down.

reports suggest, the UK, US and others have tested the virus and said the virus is not man made, but there is question marks if it did indeed accidentality come from a lab. accidents do happen.

• Like 4

I know i'm stating the obvious, but it doesn't have to be man made to be deliberately spread.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

Obviously, I am under that impression. Not that it isn't your right, or that there's no chance your opinion might be more grounded in sanity than mine. 

It's not the matter of left or right, animosity towards Europe is the matter of English chauvinism (I was informed that natural English speakers cannot comprehend the original meaning of the word chauvinism, so let me translate: jingoism). 

Now, the animosity towards Europe is not the reason behind every single Brexiter stance - some people truly see an isolated country competing with neighbours as more wise choice in 21st century. I'm fine with that, though my opinion is directly the opposite. I'm not fine with chronic need to make people feel in danger of the EU. Because it's simply ridiculous.  

As far as I am aware ,no one in the World is scared of the E.U. certainly not Britain , America , China ,Russia etcetera . The Countries in the E.U. are too busy bickering amongst themselves to cause any problems with the World . Its going to be interesting to see how the E.U. are going to cope without Britain's financial input because non of the member states are willing to increase the cost of paying into the communal fund .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

As far as I am aware ,no one in the World is scared of the E.U. certainly not Britain , America , China ,Russia etcetera . The Countries in the E.U. are too busy bickering amongst themselves to cause any problems with the World . Its going to be interesting to see how the E.U. are going to cope without Britain's financial input because non of the member states are willing to increase the cost of paying into the communal fund .

If they kick Poland out it balances lol.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

No input, no output. In other words, you'd Brexit ages ago if being a member wasn't profitable for you. 

Knowing how your (not your personally, politically isolationists' in general) rhetoric works - always projecting own fears and failures on others - you're actually worried how you'll do without European funds. So you'll keep contributing to the funds, with intention to benefit from them, only at less privileged conditions. 

All in all, you still sawed off the branch you were sitting on. Will hold on to the threads. But, you'll have the jingoist rhetoric. No one can take that away from you. 

Congratulations. 

26 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

If they kick Poland out it balances lol.

Charming. Do tell a stupid Pole joke, they're so refreshingly original.

By the way, did you know that Nazi propaganda started with stupid Poles jokes? They were successfully taken to and very accepted in the US, for not at all inexplicable reasons. And you're apparently becoming Americanized without noticing it's happening, which is historically speaking, a delightful irony. 

So, congratulations to you too. For being a propaganda victim with 70+ years delay. Must be a record of sorts.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Charming. Do tell a stupid Pole joke, they're so refreshingly original.

By the way, did you know that Nazi propaganda started with stupid Poles jokes? They were successfully taken to and very accepted in the US, for not at all inexplicable reasons. And you're apparently becoming Americanized without noticing it's happening, which is historically speaking, a delightful irony. 

So, congratulations to you too. For being a propaganda victim with 70+ years delay. Must be a record of sorts.  

Sure, thats logical.....

I point out that the British contribution covers the Poles grant and apparently that means I`ve become Americanised and subjected to WW2 propaganda. Oh well, at least I haven't been accused of being a Russian puppet on the internet!

Well...…. at least not this time lol.

Edited by Cookie Monster

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sure, thats logical.....

I point out that the British contribution covers the Poles grant and apparently that means I`ve become Americanised and subjected to WW2 propaganda. Oh well, at least I haven't been accused of being a Russian puppet on the internet!

Well...…. at least not this time lol.

Poland is not some sort of weigh on the EU, as you clearly implied. 

And no, British contribution didn't cover Poland, or anyone else, except your own behind, because you took most of your contribution back, to prop up your own economy. Possible small change you mourn as "lost" was more than profitable exchange for more than privileged status you schemed for yourselves. 

If you doubt that, think about the real reasons for endless Brexit delays. Brexiter propaganda keeps lying to you that it's the evil EU holding you, while in reality you said you want out, you were shown the door and then refused to go out. Claiming you've got the EU right there, where you wanted it. Certainly. Congratulations. Go out already. Everyone is tired of your shameless spectacles and sabotaging. 

This thread was started to show you another evil of the EU you escaped, a false claim that Angela Merkel can and would impose some imaginary new taxes, which in reality is an initiative for more coordinated health care for whole Europe. Imagine the horror.  

Your political platform consists of sensationalist, panicky falsehoods and outright lies. It's based on your dream of ethnically cleaned UK, forgetting that you are - historically speaking - European mutts just like the rest of us. The languages separate us, but there's no ethnicity so pure and especially not so better than anyone else as your backwards fantasies would want. 

And this is where I'd like to end my contribution to your return to reality.    

• Like 1