Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Real-life 'Conjuring' house to be streamed

Recommended Posts

 
RoofGardener

It's a house.

It was used in a horror film.

It has no history of psychic phenomena in and of itself. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

They obviously plan on charging a fee.

"A free preview will also be available on May 8th."

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles

I'm sure they have spent the past few months installing tech throughout the house to make the live streaming entertaining.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

It's a house.

It was used in a horror film.

It has no history of psychic phenomena in and of itself. 

It was the "haunted?" house that inspired the movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A week-long livestream of the house made famous by 'The Conjuring' movie is set to begin next weekend.

Another "case" compliments of Lorraine Warren. One of the biggest cons that ever existed. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ed_and_Lorraine_Warren

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

I think it might be fun to see the preview... don't think I've really seen the property before. But a whole week of it would be a bit much for me, only oh so much of checking out the property that is interesting after all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, rashore said:

I think it might be fun to see the preview... don't think I've really seen the property before. But a whole week of it would be a bit much for me, only oh so much of checking out the property that is interesting after all. 

There was another thread on the house when it was purchased. It would be fun to check old records because the whole "witch story" sounds like Lorraine Warren fakelore the way they invented the warlock story for Amityville. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

I know there really was a Bathsheba Thayer Sherman that was married to a Judson Sherman. Supposed to have owned the property next door to this one. The witch part I'm not too sure of, though apparently some people think so and have vandalized her grave a few times. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Not even October yet....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)

From all I've heard I think this was or is almost certainly a haunted location and that the Warrens are good honest people. But I'm not sure a weeklong livestream is something I will watch. I'll wait until the 'highlights' version of the livestream comes out.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

No thanks. I'd rather watch paint dry.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Seti42
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

From all I've heard I think this was or is almost certainly a haunted location and that the Warrens are good honest people. 

Where'd you hear that? The Warrens are total con artists, and pretty much everyone knows it. Aside from their vapid (and small) fanbase.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Where'd you hear that? The Warrens are total con artists, and pretty much everyone knows it. Aside from their vapid (and small) fanbase.

It’s my opinion that they are on the smear list (with every single other psychic and paranormal figure) of the anti-paranormal crowd. Their thinking is one-pointed with an obvious agenda and doesn’t impress me.

And never the two sides shall meet.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
5 hours ago, Piney said:

It was the "haunted?" house that inspired the movie.

I don't think it WAS ? 

I was under the impression that the story was created from scratch for the film. The house was subsequently chosen because it looked creepy. ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
27 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I don't think it WAS ? 

Read the whole article. It was the disfunctional  house Lorraine Warren turned into a "haunting".

I saw a article a few months ago when it was initially sold. It's somewhere in here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42
2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It’s my opinion that they are on the smear list (with every single other psychic and paranormal figure) of the anti-paranormal crowd. Their thinking is one-pointed with an obvious agenda and doesn’t impress me.

And never the two sides shall meet.

Fair enough. I'm fine with many paranormal hypotheses. And even some investigators. But I don't like the Warrens and I don't like the ghost TV show crowd either.

I've experienced some weird **** personally, so I don't just dismiss all of it, though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

Fair enough. I'm fine with many paranormal hypotheses. And even some investigators. But I don't like the Warrens and I don't like the ghost TV show crowd either.

I've experienced some weird **** personally, so I don't just dismiss all of it, though.

I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I like the Warrens and the TV ghost show crews (in general).

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jujo-jo

I'm gonna pass on this one, I have enough stuff happening that make me jumpy in my own house, I dont need to add to it ; )

Although I do watch paranomal 911 and paranormal caught on camera occasionally and I haven't seen paranomal emergency yet but it is on my list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221
On 5/1/2020 at 7:08 PM, Seti42 said:

No thanks. I'd rather watch paint dry.

At least thats free ........... not just me then

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.