Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China Undercover

OverSword

A special undercover report from China’s secretive Xinjiang region. FRONTLINE investigates the Communist regime’s mass imprisonment of Muslims, and its use and testing of sophisticated surveillance technology against the Uyghur community.

Documentary

Below the video are links to related subjects.

This is a truly terrifying subject that I feel everyone should be aware of so we can urge our governments to take action to discourage the insanity going on in the PRC.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hiya anti Asian bigot... 

:st

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Hiya anti Asian bigot... 

~

I'm not anti Asia or a bigot.   Maybe try watching the report before passing judgement on it or me.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

I'm not anti Asia or a bigot.  

You could've fooled me, but not this time, fool me once... fool me twice and many times... sorry dude... I ain't gonna be shamed no more, as much as I like you ...

:D

~

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Hiya anti Asian bigot... 

~

It's bigotry to be concerned about a huge number of people in China who are being held against their will and "re-educated"?  You can't seem to make your mind up on this issue.  I realize your reflexive support for China isn't going to change no matter what evidence is provided but I seem to recall catching a lot of flak from you when I make statements regarding Islamic fundamentalist culture.  Are you saying nothing unusual is being done to Uyghurs?  How do you square both support for Islamic fundys and also support for a communist government that is horribly mistreating them?  I'm genuinely curious to understand how you can support both things at the same time.  

• Like 2

It's truely sad what is happening there. 

People denied the Holocaust was happening at first too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You could've fooled me, but not this time, fool me once... fool me twice and many times... sorry dude... I ain't gonna be shamed no more, as much as I like you ...

:D

~

Is believing that China is a repressive regime the same as being anti-Asia in your mind?  China is not Asia.

I wonder how my Filipino room mate feels about living with an anti-asian bigot or my Japanese ex-wife? 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is believing that China is a repressive regime the same as being anti-Asia in your mind?  China is not Asia.

The Chinese goverment wants it's people to believe that criticism against the goverment is the same as criticism against Chinese people, against you yourself. The CCP trys to conflate all criticism that way.

Its a way to try and control people. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

I'm genuinely curious to understand how you can support both things at the same time.  

First of all, you convince me that you are concerned about the Uighurs out of the goodness of your heart... 

~

Then remind me of how America handled American Muslims when they not only threaten Americans but has killed Americans across America because of ideological disagreements...

26 Dec 2019 · Do groups such as al-Qaeda and ISIS have an eye on Xinjiang? Would groups want to expand there? Dreyer: Uyghurs ...

by CP Clarke · 2017 · Cited by 2 · Related articles
but other Uighurs have joined IS in Syria and Iraq, and still others have joined local terror ... He has directed studies on ISIS financing ...

11 May 2017 · Up to 5000 ethnic Uighurs from China's violence-prone far western region of Xinjiang are fighting in various ...

2 Mar 2017 · Video denounces 'communist lackeys' as tensions rise in Muslim -majority Xinjiang.

by D Mahmut · 2019 · Cited by 1 · Related articles
Uyghur ISIS fighters themselves specifically mention, in their propaganda videos, how restrictions over religious rights have pushed  ...

~

You mean like how oppressive your government is along partisan lines? 

Wanna me to remind you what hypocrisy means as defined in your language? 

~

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

:lol:

Tell yourself that... more importantly, remind your fellow Americans that... 

~

You make a joke out of your country as if suits you, but don't blame us when we laugh... 

That's a fanboy fit for you... 

~

Oh the irony.. 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

The Chinese goverment wants it's people to believe that criticism against the goverment is the same as criticism against Chinese people, against you yourself. The CCP trys to conflate all criticism that way.

Its a way to try and control people. 

Third eye is not in China.  Just a big fan.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Third eye is not in China.  Just a big fan.

I know. But he parrots the Chinese goverments talking points. So I was explaining the talking point. He just expanded it to all Asians.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, and then said:

It's bigotry to be concerned about a huge number of people in China who are being held against their will and "re-educated"?  

The world is obviously not going to do anything to help these people, my own larger concern in the report is the surveillance capabilities developed in order to repress those people, and the fear that this intrusive and controlling technology will spread across the globe and be adapted by other power mad control freaks.   

• Like 3

Just the facts boys... 

If it hurts... Lying ain't gonna ease your pain.. 

~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

First of all, you convince me that you are concerned about the Uighurs out of the goodness of your heart..

Man, I have no need to convince anyone of why I'm concerned about terrible treatment against people who seemingly are no threat.  If the Uyghurs are carrying out violence against China then by all means, stop them from killing and terrorizing.  That doesn't seem to be the case here.  It seems the CCP have decided to beat conformity into civilians whose only crime is to have a religious tradition and culture unlike their neighbors in that region.  

Do you reject the premise the documentary is positing?  Are you saying that the CCP isn't doing this at all or is it that you feel they are justified in taking such action?

I'll go through your links.  At a glance, it seems that the CCP is trying to head off a fundamentalist insurgency.  I just haven't heard of any attacks inside China by fundy Muslims.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just the facts boys... 

~

What's the lie?  Again, perhaps open your mind a bit and watch the linked report.  The report is done by a left of center and very reliable source.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

I'll go through your links.  At a glance, it seems that the CCP is trying to head off a fundamentalist insurgency.  I just haven't heard of any attacks inside China by fundy Muslims.  

Well then watch the video, that should shake your memory.  there was quite a bit of terrorist activity going on for a while.

• Like 2

:rolleyes:

~

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just the facts boys... 

~

What are you talking about?  I'll admit being damned clueless about some issues.  That's why I ask questions when behavior seems not to be rational.  It just seems to me that you make the case against me when I speak my mind on Islamic fundamentalists but here, you seem to be saying the CCP is justified in suppressing Islamic fundamentalists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, and then said:

What are you talking about?  I'll admit being damned clueless about some issues.  That's why I ask questions when behavior seems not to be rational.  It just seems to me that you make the case against me when I speak my mind on Islamic fundamentalists but here, you seem to be saying the CCP is justified in suppressing Islamic fundamentalists.

Here... 

Don't wash your dirty linen in public. Another way to say this is: 'Dirty linen should be washed at home. ' The meaning is that we should not discuss intimate family matters in public, especially if they are of the shameful nature.

Have fun, if it helps you sleep well tonight... 

~

It's 12.30AM

good night, "And that's the way it is"

~

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Why do I have this feeling that people suddenly love the repressive dictatorship of China because orange man bad?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Have fun, if it helps you sleep well tonight...

Yeah.  Thanks, but I sleep well most nights.  If you don't care to plainly speak to the issue then okay.  You seem to enjoy playing at being some kind of sage and it just seems like a dodge when you don't want to explain a point of discussion.  The closest I can come to deciphering the dirty linen display is that maybe this ethnic group happen to be Islamic but they somehow disrespect the culture of others in China?  

OTOH, if they truly are devoutly Muslim then the CCP may be trying to handle the issue in a better way than communist countries typical fix such challenges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Why do I have this feeling that people suddenly love the repressive dictatorship of China because orange man bad?

I have no doubt that there is a measure of that with our current virus pandemic.  These hate filled, hysterical mouth breathers will align with satan himself if they could just get rid of Trump.  But this particular issue seems a bit confusing to me. I'll have to spend the time to get the background.  I can't tell if the real problem there is about religious intolerance or if it's more of a clash of cultures on a smaller scale.  Either way, forcibly detaining non-violent people and keeping them in a re-education program against their will isn't what humane systems of government call for.  I guess the world should just mind its own business and take heart that Xi and the boys don't employ a more final solution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

I have no doubt that there is a measure of that with our current virus pandemic.  These hate filled, hysterical mouth breathers will align with satan himself if they could just get rid of Trump.  But this particular issue seems a bit confusing to me. I'll have to spend the time to get the background.  I can't tell if the real problem there is about religious intolerance or if it's more of a clash of cultures on a smaller scale.  Either way, forcibly detaining non-violent people and keeping them in a re-education program against their will isn't what humane systems of government call for.  I guess the world should just mind its own business and take heart that Xi and the boys don't employ a more final solution.

I just watched about half of the video. Damn smh. Its depressing thinking that there are still parts of the world, especially a place as big and powerful as China is still allowed, or even want to go about having forced re-education camps. Or how many people there are that would love to see that happen right here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

Again, watch the report.  It's partly about the repression of the Uyghur people, their imprisonment (re-education) the displacement of that ethnicity by moving huge numbers of ethnic majority Chinese into the area and the consequent repression resulting from that which is all heartbreaking but of more concern to how this could end up having a more direct negative effect on the rest of the world is the technology developed and now being exported which is instrumental in the oppression of the Uyghurs.  It put's most previous concepts of Big Brother to shame and people need to be aware of it before it is back doored by governments all over the planet.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

• The topic was locked