Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My haunted home

UM-Bot

By: GothWarrior84 | Location: Rainham, Essex, UK

I met my wife in the year 2005. At the time she still lived with her mum in her family home in Rainham. She didn't waste any time in inviting me to stay with her and her mum to live. One night I had to get up and visit the toilet and as I left her room I was frozen with the presence of a dark shadow being at the top or the stairs next to the window, I had to hastily go passed it to get to the bathroom.

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112380/my-haunted-home

One more case out there consistent and similar to so many others. With cable YV and internet sharing I believe this stuff is 'rare' but I no longer think it is 'all that rare' either.

• Thanks 1

One night I had to get up and visit the toilet and as I left her room I was frozen with the presence of a dark shadow being at the top or the stairs next to the window, I had to hastily go passed it to get to the bathroom. 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112380/my-haunted-home

All they had to do was put a sensor light at each end of the staircase, or just turn a light on. 

Very posible there was a street lamp outside and near it a tree, hence creating a shadow in the house.

Would be better if we had pictures of the area inside and outside. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

little girl with dark hair in an old white dress (like a christening gown) only ever used to pop by at night. 

This has nothing to do with the dark shadow, how can they tell the colours out if it is dark, especiall a white dress.

THIS is why they are freaking themselves out

last night whilst watching one of our favourite paranormal programmes I asked my son if he remembered his dream 

Same scenario as when some people have nightmares after watching a horror film before going to bed - they really should not be doing it !

Whats the betting the son was allowed to watch these programmes at a young age.

There is no haunted house, just a couple who have haunted their own minds with woo and paranormal programmes.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

One more case out there consistent and similar to so many others. 

Yep, incomplete stories from people who freak themselves out before going to bed by watching paranornal programmes. 

The mother lived in the house too, could have been her going or coming back from the loo or kitchen!

They could not have been too bothered though, as they moved back into the house with 2 small children. Shame this time round they did not put a camera up or some extra lighting.

As with so many other stories like this, there are far too many holes in the story and not enough rational thoughts.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yep, incomplete stories from people who freak themselves out before going to bed by watching paranornal programmes. 

The mother lived in the house too, could have been her going or coming back from the loo or kitchen!

They could not have been too bothered though, as they moved back into the house with 2 small children. Shame this time round they did not put a camera up or some extra lighting.

As with so many other stories like this, there are far too many holes in the story and not enough rational thoughts.

Well, I think we are generally dealing with intelligent people who are not professional writers, evidence presenters, documenters or evidence collectors. But they are thought out on the possibilities before speaking here even though never presenting all the details and thought. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, I think we are generally dealing with intelligent people who are not professional writers, evidence presenters, documenters or evidence collectors. But they are thought out on the possibilities before speaking here even though never presenting all the details and thought. 

You give them far too much credit! . The stories are so flawed and missing crucial details, it makes them somewhat laughable.

If they had thought about the possibilities, they should have put them forward, like I did.....and I was not even there!! 

• Like 4

Just now, freetoroam said:

You give them far too much credit! . The stories are so flawed and missing crucial details, it makes them somewhat laughable.

If they had thought about the possibilities, they should have put them forward, like I did.....and I was not even there!! 

As I said, most people are not good writers but are intelligent in judging normal from abnormal and may not explain themselves professionally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

As I said, most people are not good writers but are intelligent in judging normal from abnormal and may not explain themselves professionally.

It is not a matter of not explaining themselves properly, it is a matter of not having a valid story in the first place. 

You do not have to be a professional writing or even investigator to go to the obvious points first. 

When stories have flaws like these, it is generally because they have been made from the writers own memory and beliefs, which do not equate to an actual haunting, it is a story sbout what they think and want it to be. Which is so different from what it actually really was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, freetoroam said:

It is not a matter of not explaining themselves properly, it is a matter of not having a valid story in the first place. 

You do not have to be a professional writing or even investigator to go to the obvious points first. 

When stories have flaws like these, it is generally because they have been made from the writers own memory and beliefs, which do not equate to an actual haunting, it is a story sbout what they think and want it to be. Which is so different from what it actually really was.

I'm going to disagree. You have to be more interactive with the experiencer before you can make those judgments. I assume most people to be basically normal and intelligent but they are not going to make a project out of writing a story.

Obviously you prefer a combative approach to experiencers when their experience suggests the possibility of the paranormal. I am just looking for my honest judgment of the overall situation.

Edited by papageorge1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm going to disagree. You have to be more interactive with the experiencer before you can make those judgments. I assume most people to be basically normal and intelligent but they are not going to make a project out of writing a story.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

You do not have to be a good writer to write a story. 

In this case it is not their writing skills which are poor, it is their whole story

You really are grasping at straws on this one PapaG. 

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

I guess we can agree to disagree.

You do not have to be a good writer to write a story. 

In this case it is not their writing skills which are poor, it is their whole story

You really are grasping at straws on this one PapaG. 

Obviously you prefer a combative approach to experiencers when their experience suggests the possibility of the paranormal. I am just looking for my honest judgment of the overall situation.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Obviously you prefer a combative approach to experiencers when their experience suggests the possibility of the paranormal. 

Rubbish. Questioning points because the story is flawed is not being combative. 

I am only reading their story and am finding it does not indicate a haunting of the house,  of their minds yes, but not their house. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Rubbish. Questioning points because the story is flawed is not being combative. 

We’re different. You call a story ‘flawed’ where I would call it ‘incomplete’

Story seemed perfectly complete to me. The criticisms are a reach. Not to say this story is true or not, but I see no problem with someone seeing white in a dark room. They didn’t say it was pitch black in the room. 

• Like 1

One night I had to get up and visit the toilet and as I left her room I was frozen with the presence of a dark shadow being at the top or the stairs next to the window, I had to hastily go passed it to get to the bathroom.

This is all I had to read. There's a dark shadow at the top of the stairs. Scream? Turn and run back in bedroom? Run to someone else's room? No, walk right past it to the original destination. The rest I see is pretty well covered by other posters above.

• Like 1