Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Native Americans and the Coronavirus

Piney

15 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

****... we have seen enough genocide and destruction at Pine Ridge. 

Mother Marge has been slowly gathering medical supplies and waiting for it to hit The Ridge, Cheyenne River and Rosebud. One outsider hippie chick tested positive and was sent packing but everyone she was around tested negative......so far. 

She also said "hello". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That sucks.

Am I shocked...no...but it still sucks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Mother Marge has been slowly gathering medical supplies and waiting for it to hit The Ridge, Cheyenne River and Rosebud. One outsider hippie chick tested positive and was sent packing but everyone she was around tested negative......so far. 

She also said "hello". 

Massive hugs and much love to Mother Marge... x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Mother Marge has been slowly gathering medical supplies and waiting for it to hit The Ridge, Cheyenne River and Rosebud.

Just out of curiosity does your name have any connection with Pine Ridge ?

Thats a place that just can't seem to catch a break. :cry:

2 hours ago, Piney said:

One outsider hippie chick tested positive and was sent packing but everyone she was around tested negative......so far. 

Lets hope it stays that way.

2 hours ago, Piney said:

She also said "hello". 

Hello Marge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, a Piney is a resident of the Pine Barrens. When I was horse herding in Nebraska and South Dakota a Amish cowboy was also named Richie and after getting sick of answering my Nextels calls when outriding or working on something gave me the nickname "Piney". 

Mine is pretty selfexplanatory. My real name is Jakob by the way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Mine is pretty selfexplanatory. My real name is Jakob by the way.

I know. :tu:

My Indian birth name name kinda goes with my nickname. It's "Cuuwewii" Scrubby-Stunted Pine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Speaking of native peoples the Corona virus have reached Greenland too. So far no deaths though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Speaking of native peoples the Corona virus have reached Greenland too. So far no deaths though.

It's also in Siberia and has the Uralic and Turkic tribes worried. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's also in Siberia and has the Uralic and Turkic tribes worried. 

Luckily I think Greenland will be allright, they closed their borders in the middle of March and their relative isolation should prove an advantage in containing the spead. The last thing they need is another health problem.

The worst health issue in Greenland is one we gave them. Sadly I think you know exactly what I mean. :cry:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The worst health issue in Greenland is one we gave them. Sadly I think you know exactly what I mean. :cry:

My people were hit in 3 waves between the early 1500s and 1677. It wiped out 75% of us and a entire Siouian Tribe just West of us known as the Shenks Ferry Culture, who never made contact with the Europeans. Actually the Shenks Ferry was extinct by the late 1500s and their survivors were absorbed by the Susquehannocks who were a branch of the Onondaga who refused to join the 5 Nations Confederacy.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Piney said:

No, a Piney is a resident of the Pine Barrens. When I was horse herding in Nebraska and South Dakota a Amish cowboy was also named Richie and after getting sick of answering my Nextels calls when outriding or working on something gave me the nickname "Piney". 

I thought Piney refered to a redneck resident of the Pine Barrens

1 hour ago, WVK said:

I thought Piney refered to a redneck resident of the Pine Barrens

It's any resident of the Pine Barrens. It's a matter of geography and nothing else.

4 hours ago, Piney said:

Irish send money to suffering tribe returning historical favor   @danydandan

https://time.com/5832146/irish-send-money-native-american/

Do you think they had a choice? the money was paid through Major William Armstrong, Irish sources say he was a simple soldier but in fact he was a superintendent of Indian affairs, responsible for removing them and a plantation owner, it looks as if the money was paid through a christian missionary, the missionaries collected money from all over America £30,000 in total, black slaves made a donation, much of it bought maise, Britain paid 70,000 to have it transported.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 2

South Dakota govenor clashes with Lakota over coronavirus checkpoints.

I love how Fox uses "Sioux" instead of Lakota. @Iilaa'mpuul'xem  looks like Mother Marge and pals are in for a scrap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-dakota-gov-noem-clashes-with-sioux-tribes-over-coronavirus-checkpoints/ar-BB13RfAV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I love how Fox uses "Sioux" instead of Lakota. @Iilaa'mpuul'xem  looks like Mother Marge and pals are in for a scrap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-dakota-gov-noem-clashes-with-sioux-tribes-over-coronavirus-checkpoints/ar-BB13RfAV

I think, they use the word "Sioux" because they know you go off on one at the very mention of "Lakota"... 

Happy Mothers Day Mother Marge x

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

The Tribal Chairman said it takes less than a minute to travel through the checkpoints...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1