Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is blatant hypocrisy the new normal?

and-then

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/02/joe-biden-tara-reade-complaint-229838

This is a single example of reporting on the Biden staffer who is accusing him of sexual assault today while admitting she wasn't willing to go that far in reporting it when it happened 25+ years ago.  There is no shock or outrage over this event because we kind of expect politicians in high places to be flawed, even nasty at times.

THIS situation isn't about whether he did do it or not.  This is about the seeming acceptance today in our politics that one party's behavior is ignored and the media suppresses it while they attempt to literally destroy an opponent from the other party and to use any means to achieve it.  Compare the Kavanaugh feeding frenzy over an accusation from long in the past, where Blasey Ford's own "witnesses" could not or would not corroborate her story, with Reade's growing list of people who remember it and are testifying to it.

Would it be acceptable to have House or Senate committees today, opening investigations into Biden's behavior?  Should Reade's witnesses be called?  Does the fact that her mother actually called Larry King during a contemporaneous live on air program and mentioned the treatment her daughter received, mean nothing for her credibility?  Finally, if we've become so tribal that we DO find this acceptable from one party but not from the other, how does our political system survive?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Would it be acceptable to have House or Senate committees today, opening investigations into Biden's behavior?  Should Reade's witnesses be called?  Does the fact that her mother actually called Larry King during a contemporaneous live on air program and mentioned the treatment her daughter received, mean nothing for her credibility?  Finally, if we've become so tribal that we DO find this acceptable from one party but not from the other, how does our political system survive?

Yes, Senate or House should do that, probably the Senate as "elder statesmen"  What happened to the Senate investigation into the Bidens?

The Democrats took care of Al Franken pretty fast, he was out.    Has any other politician from either party in the House of Senate had a similar fate in recent times?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/02/joe-biden-tara-reade-complaint-229838

This is a single example of reporting on the Biden staffer who is accusing him of sexual assault today while admitting she wasn't willing to go that far in reporting it when it happened 25+ years ago.  There is no shock or outrage over this event because we kind of expect politicians in high places to be flawed, even nasty at times.

THIS situation isn't about whether he did do it or not.  This is about the seeming acceptance today in our politics that one party's behavior is ignored and the media suppresses it while they attempt to literally destroy an opponent from the other party and to use any means to achieve it.  Compare the Kavanaugh feeding frenzy over an accusation from long in the past, where Blasey Ford's own "witnesses" could not or would not corroborate her story, with Reade's growing list of people who remember it and are testifying to it.

,Here's the real problem with our political system, Lady Liberty is Broken and she is Weeping for us all.

peace

• Like 3

Definitely shows the hypocrisy. The whole "all women should be believed" #metoo that wanted to cruxify kavanaugh and Trump for unproven accusations are now pretty quiet. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Meh, the recent Biden allegations are just another tired example of hardball coalition politics. 

The accuser just another political post turtle.

It's an old game. And not a very interesting one.

In Europe the citizenry has long ago stopped caring about the sexual dalliance of their leaders. Hell, it's almost expected of them to have had mistresses and incidents of sexual misbehavior. Thus, in the world of realpolitik,  the US is less behind the curve in realizing that the huge egos our leaders have practically necessitates sexual promiscuity

Biden still has my vote in November. 

Just want to point out that it's a sexual assault allegation. 

Not mistresses and promiscuity. I imagine Europe still gets concerned about those things. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

The Democrats took care of Al Franken pretty fast, he was out. 

Franken fell on his own sword........

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tuco's Gas said:

Nah, they wouldn't. Not by one as old and obviously fabricated and used as a political ploy as this one is.

I mean I'm on the innocent until proven guilty train. I was for on that train for Trump and for Kavanaugh as well.

But I am pretty sure Europe still takes sexual assualt seriously lol. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Piney said:

Franken fell on his own sword........

I knew he fell on something.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Here's the real problem with our political system, Lady Liberty is Broken and she is Weeping for us all.

I certainly agree that she SHOULD BE weeping for the mess we've made.  IMO, we can no longer just resort to the "a plague on both their houses".  Yes, the parties are both broken and it's getting worse but examples like this one make it inescapably clear that the Left, because they also control the media message, have the ability to broadcast lies and propaganda in ways that Republicans simply cannot.  This has created a dynamic in the country where the people are losing all faith in the message of any member of the government.

I don't believe our nation can survive the kind of division that this media hypocrisy enables in government.  If you want to measure the damage done so far, look no further than the confusion and increasing militancy of Americans in various states due to the C-19 lockdown measures.  I believe that this is a symptom of the lack of trust.  The media have been so focused on a narrative that literally blames Trump no matter what he does and even if it requires them to reverse their stance overnight and say the opposite of what they'd stated earlier.  

People are not dumb enough to not notice hypocrisy, especially if it is breathtaking and focused on one party always.  The effect of it has been growing since 2016 and it has reached the point where Americans simply refuse to believe anything that contradicts their politics.  If one needs perspective, all you have to do is take one moment to imagine how trusting you'd be if the media consistently, doggedly, and loudly found fault with your candidate or president.  No one is wrong all the time.  No one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Not by one as old and obviously fabricated

Evidence?  I have no idea if she's lying and no one else can prove it either unless there is a fair hearing of any evidence she can produce.  She has a few people who she says she made aware of it years ago and the article says they don't deny it.  Add to that a Larry King episode that had a caller talking about how her daughter was a victim and it turns out the caller was her mom.

If that's an "obvious" fabrication, she's got to be the most detail oriented planner on earth.  Also, Blasey Ford's witnesses who were there at the time of the alleged assault, uniformly denied any memory of it.  The story isn't about proving Biden is a horndog or a perv.  That's established with modern, recent photographs of his hair sniffing of little girls, I'd say.  THIS is about the effect of obvious, unending hypocrisy aimed at one party and the corrosive effect on our nation.

• Like 2

I totally agree there's no one that is wrong or right all the time and someone who thinks so. is delusional. I have to make this clear, with the current choice of candidates there is no one I could vote for so I don't have a candidate, and I won't vote for someone because they are the better of two evils. I didn't vote in the last Presidential election either and for the same reason. That was the first time in my life that I didn't vote, and this coming November is going to be the second time. 

Thats how poorly I view our. Choice of candidates and it is also because I view the entire political machine as broken. The next time I will vote will be during primaries for the Senate, and Congress, those people need to go, we need new blood to replace the worthless b*******, in both houses. While there are some good men  and women they are out numbered by the decadent losers who Are nothing but empty chairs.

Peace. 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

Many(?) on the (Honest) Progressive Left side of politics are highly critical of the Democrat Elite regarding this blatant hypocrisy...

quote - 'If Harvey Weinstein started 'Me Too'.... Joe Biden ended it....'

I remember when the whole Kavanaugh / Blasey Ford thing was raging - how we were told by the Democrats to simply believe women - well they've changed their tune.... and now it's their Presidential Candidate and former VP... 'due process' is the name of the game..

They have really played a high risk strategy with foisting Biden on the Democrat Voter.... heaven knows why, it must be because he is such a willing puppet or something...... and these accusations could be the undoing of him and those, like Pelosi, who have publically endorsed him  will feel the backlash... or should...  

Even Obama was crazy enough to endorse him but I suppose because he was his VP he had no choice really in the twilight world of political life... :wacko:

Is Joe Biden The End Of #MeToo?

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Biden still has my vote in November. 

do you really think he's going to make it to November....?

(as the Pres Candidate... not literally -, although maybe he should watch his back because '''someone''' might decide the best way out of all this mess is for him to be craftily bumped off..... :unsure2:..... )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

I certainly agree that she SHOULD BE weeping for the mess we've made.  IMO, we can no longer just resort to the "a plague on both their houses".  Yes, the parties are both broken and it's getting worse but examples like this one make it inescapably clear that the Left, because they also control the media message, have the ability to broadcast lies and propaganda in ways that Republicans simply cannot.  This has created a dynamic in the country where the people are losing all faith in the message of any member of the government.

I don't believe our nation can survive the kind of division that this media hypocrisy enables in government.  If you want to measure the damage done so far, look no further than the confusion and increasing militancy of Americans in various states due to the C-19 lockdown measures.  I believe that this is a symptom of the lack of trust.  The media have been so focused on a narrative that literally blames Trump no matter what he does and even if it requires them to reverse their stance overnight and say the opposite of what they'd stated earlier.  

People are not dumb enough to not notice hypocrisy, especially if it is breathtaking and focused on one party always.  The effect of it has been growing since 2016 and it has reached the point where Americans simply refuse to believe anything that contradicts their politics.  If one needs perspective, all you have to do is take one moment to imagine how trusting you'd be if the media consistently, doggedly, and loudly found fault with your candidate or president.  No one is wrong all the time.  No one.

Everything you said would be true if *Trump were a sane semi rational president. He isn't by any stretch.  Don't go there, or I'll bury you in links. All proven true. The kind you don't like to read.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

Evidence?  I have no idea if she's lying and no one else can prove it either unless there is a fair hearing of any evidence she can produce.  She has a few people who she says she made aware of it years ago and the article says they don't deny it.  Add to that a Larry King episode that had a caller talking about how her daughter was a victim and it turns out the caller was her mom.

If that's an "obvious" fabrication, she's got to be the most detail oriented planner on earth.  Also, Blasey Ford's witnesses who were there at the time of the alleged assault, uniformly denied any memory of it.  The story isn't about proving Biden is a horndog or a perv.  That's established with modern, recent photographs of his hair sniffing of little girls, I'd say.  THIS is about the effect of obvious, unending hypocrisy aimed at one party and the corrosive effect on our nation.

Are you kidding me? She has the whole Republican  propaganda machine behind her. One of her tweets didn't even look like she wrote it. I'll try and find it later, cause I'm off to bed. Kavanaugh got off Scott free with a Supreme Court appointment to boot. Now you want me to believe you? This has smear campaign all over it in spades. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Everything you said would be true if *Trump were a sane semi rational president. He isn't by any stretch.  Don't go there, or I'll bury you in links. All proven true. The kind you don't like to read.

So.... basically you don’t care about sexual assault unless Trump has committed it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So.... basically you don’t care about sexual assault unless Trump has committed it?

No. Im saying go after the predator in chief fìrst for his laundry list of sexual assaults before you go after Biden. Biden has one questionable incident while *Trump has.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-all-list-misconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html

Why wasn't trump put on trial long ago?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

No. Im saying go after the predator in chief fìrst for his laundry list of sexual assaults before you go after Biden. Biden has one questionable incident while *Trump has.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-all-list-misconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html

Why wasn't trump put on trial long ago?

So you prove And Then’s point, you are a hypocrite. “Anything to get Trump”, including appointing someone potentially just as bad (here’s a hint sport, all we have to castigate Trump is words, we have multiple instances of deeply inappropriate touching from Biden on tape as well as words). 
I’m not saying ignore Teump, I’m say burn them both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’m not saying ignore Teump, I’m say burn them both

I think they should both have due process. You're innocent until proven guilty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I think they should both have due process. You're innocent until proven guilty.

Quite right. Either neither of them should be running until proven innocent or the Dems need to **** about Trump being a “sexual predator”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly, it appears that being a sexual predator is a prerequisite of being a politician in the US these days.  Americans will get to choose whether they want the guy with 25 women accusing him of sexual misconduct vs the guy with one woman accusing him of sexual misconduct for President.  

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So you prove And Then’s point, you are a hypocrite. “Anything to get Trump”, including appointing someone potentially just as bad (here’s a hint sport, all we have to castigate Trump is words, we have multiple instances of deeply inappropriate touching from Biden on tape as well as words). 
I’m not saying ignore Teump, I’m say burn them both.

I'd like some proof please before the burning. Not political hit jobs. I got accused for sexual harassment by a woman who said I wouldn't stop staring at her boobs. She said she couldn't have a conversation or talk work because of my wandering eyes. All because I'm deaf and read lips. That's how easy it is to be labeled. All I'm saying is there seems to be a double standard with *trumps legion of sexual accusers stymied because he's the president, and taking this womans unproven claim as proof and an excuse that Biden's not fit to be president. Stop being disingenuous with my posts. To claim I proved and then's claim is ludicrous and laughable. 

38 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Quite right. Either neither of them should be running until proven innocent or the Dems need to **** about Trump being a “sexual predator”.

Yet here we are. 

12 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Are you kidding me? She has the whole Republican  propaganda machine behind her. One of her tweets didn't even look like she wrote it. I'll try and find it later, cause I'm off to bed. Kavanaugh got off Scott free with a Supreme Court appointment to boot. Now you want me to believe you? This has smear campaign all over it in spades. 

Tara Reade is a life long Democrat. Still is.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Honestly, it appears that being a sexual predator is a prerequisite of being a politician in the US these days.  Americans will get to choose whether they want the guy with 25 women accusing him of sexual misconduct vs the guy with one woman accusing him of sexual misconduct for President.  

Difference is Biden's accuser is a Democrat.

Kind of like black on black crime.  No Democrat cares 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1