Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is blatant hypocrisy the new normal?

and-then

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Tara Reade is a life long Democrat. Still is.

Most will take a bribe if its big enough. Donald Trump was a democrat too. What's your point?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I think they should both have due process. You're innocent until proven guilty.

I agree.  The issue here really isn't about who is more moral.  For me, it's all about the glaringly obvious use of the media as a propaganda arm of one party.  This advantage is causing half the country, at least, to no longer trust ANYTHING they are seeing and hearing.  Look at the current behavior around the C-19 crisis.  This isn't about equally excessive partisanship.  It has advanced to the point of causing real damage to the fabric of this nation.

It hasn't been that long since we saw weeks of impassioned, angry protests and wall to wall media coverage of a Supreme Court nominee who was accused of similar wrongdoing.  The media proceeded from the belief that he was guilty and did everything they could to convince the American people of it.  That, I'll remind you, was with not one witness who corroborated her story.

Today we have a complaint that was also filed LONG after the event but the number of witnesses who can corroborate that she told them of it then, is growing.  What is the media reaction?  All hands on deck, 5-alarm fire drill to destroy, not the man who is accused, but the victim we were told we HAD TO BELIEVE when it was Blasey-Ford.  Anyone who supports that is simply a hypocrite.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Difference is Biden's accuser is a Democrat.

Kind of like black on black crime.  No Democrat cares 

Wait....  You are actually expecting Democrat partisans to have a better moral compass than Republicans!?

(Although, I guess they technically do considering they are rallying behind the less rapey of the two candidates....)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, acidhead said:

Another difference is Reade accused him before he was running for president. So it doesn’t come across as a political stunt. Also there weren’t any reporters trying to pay Reade to make up a story, like what happened to Trump. 

Not to say I know sleepy Joe is guilty, it’s just the stories don’t seem comparable at all. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 4:16 PM, acidhead said:

Is that really the first thing we ask when a woman says she was assaulted?  "What is your political affiliation and what is the affiliation of your attacker?"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Is that really the first thing we ask when a woman says she was assaulted?  "What is your political affiliation and what is the affiliation of your attacker?"

No, apparently we ask “is the person accused of this “the only hope we have fo beating the bad orange man”?” and if the answer is yes, we both believe the victim AND ignore her.

• Like 1

The real reason that there are no protests this time is because all of those pink hats have been turned into face masks.

On 5/3/2020 at 7:23 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So.... basically you don’t care about sexual assault unless Trump has committed it?

I care about sexual assault.  But, like I said in the other thread, I will go out in November to vote for whichever sexual assaulter and running mate I feel can best run our country.  Why would I vote third party or not vote when a sexual assaulter will still end up in office?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I care about sexual assault.  But, like I said in the other thread, I will go out in November to vote for whichever sexual assaulter and running mate I feel can best run our country.  Why would I vote third party or not vote when a sexual assaulter will still end up in office?

The belief that sexual assault should not be rewarded with appointment to the Presidency?

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The belief that sexual assault should not be rewarded with appointment to the Presidency?

Our morality has dropped so low that having committed sexual assault seems to be a prerequisite. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Our morality has dropped so low that having committed sexual assault seems to be a prerequisite. 

I don’t think it’s a prerequisite, but it’s no longer a stumbling block for voters. Several administrations ago, the paradigm was reset. We were taught that morals shouldn’t be the litmus test for holding public office, even when an affair was carried out in the Oval Office. That new paradigm is why we now overlook Mr. Biden’s and Mr. Trump’s histories with women. I’d prefer that character still counted, but this is where we are.

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

I don’t think it’s a prerequisite, but it’s no longer a stumbling block for voters. Several administrations ago, the paradigm was reset. We were taught that morals shouldn’t be the litmus test for holding public office, even when an affair was carried out in the Oval Office. That new paradigm is why we now overlook Mr. Biden’s and Mr. Trump’s histories with women. I’d prefer that character still counted, but this is where we are.

Oh it was gone long before that.  We even had a president that liked to show his wiener to everyone including the press.  https://historycollection.co/lbj-used-one-thing-control-others-around-became-known-johnson-treatment/3/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Oh it was gone long before that.  We even had a president that liked to show his wiener to everyone including the press.  https://historycollection.co/lbj-used-one-thing-control-others-around-became-known-johnson-treatment/3/

I didn’t pay much attention to the news in my younger days. Do you know if the stories about LBJ appeared in the news while he was still in office?

I remember my disappointment when hearing about JFK’s White House dalliances, but if I remember correctly, those stories came out years after his death.

But as your article says, LBJ did some good things, as did JFK. 

"Is blatant hypocrisy the new normal?"

Im not sure

I do not have the luxury of blaming the press the media, i go by what i hear a person say, see them do, and i do not support or "worship" anyone in politics so i lack those biases and related blind passion.

On one hand we have a potus who has a long list of sexual misconduct allegations against him, we have heard him say "grab em by the..." and its pretty clear he had 2 affairs with sex trade workers that he tried to pay off but wasted that dough as they both sang like nightingales.

No one cared what he did to women He won 2016 It didnt matter, hes a playboy, reality show celebrity, women all want him, men wanna be him just look how his fan base worship him, 2020 is a given.

No arguing it, don has set a high bar when it comes to receiving sexual misconduct allegations, joe would have to work hard to catch up,

So back to the OP question about hypocrisy,

Lets use don and joe to try to figure it out,

We all saw the myriad accusations against trump and some were very similar to this one against joe,  decades old, pops up when they are in the political spotlight, the allagations lack evidence and are basically anecdotal accounts and when scrutinized the stories seem not to hold consistity,

In dons case he of course denied it, sometimes lashing out at the accuser or the press, in the end as i have said it didnt matter no one cared, don won 2016.

So now with joe, he was slow to personally address the allegation against him and he also denied, it, but he validated the accuser and pushed that the filed at the time alleged report of the allegation be found and released, being the accuser said the report doesnt include any of the sexual details and might not even name him its not the strongest of evidence.

So we have two guys who have been accused of the same thing, albeit one of them many times, both deny it happened, so discounting folks who worship one or the other i can see why some might suggest that if joe receives more furor, tar, feathers than don for the same thing it could appear very hypocritical.

To me the real irony is that a person with one much less a list of sexual misconduct allegations can be elected potus,

And as its been said in 2020 voters will have their choice which one of the dirty old men makes a better potus.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

"Is blatant hypocrisy the new normal?"

Im not sure

I do not have the luxury of blaming the press the media, i go by what i hear a person say, see them do, and i do not support or "worship" anyone in politics so i lack those biases and related blind passion.

On one hand we have a potus who has a long list of sexual misconduct allegations against him, we have heard him say "grab em by the..." and its pretty clear he had 2 affairs with sex trade workers that he tried to pay off but wasted that dough as they both sang like nightingales.

No one cared what he did to women He won 2016 It didnt matter, hes a playboy, reality show celebrity, women all want him, men wanna be him just look how his fan base worship him, 2020 is a given.

No arguing it, don has set a high bar when it comes to receiving sexual misconduct allegations, joe would have to work hard to catch up,

So back to the OP question about hypocrisy,

Lets use don and joe to try to figure it out,

We all saw the myriad accusations against trump and some were very similar to this one against joe,  decades old, pops up when they are in the political spotlight, the allagations lack evidence and are basically anecdotal accounts and when scrutinized the stories seem not to hold consistity,

In dons case he of course denied it, sometimes lashing out at the accuser or the press, in the end as i have said it didnt matter no one cared, don won 2016.

So now with joe, he was slow to personally address the allegation against him and he also denied, it, but he validated the accuser and pushed that the filed at the time alleged report of the allegation be found and released, being the accuser said the report doesnt include any of the sexual details and might not even name him its not the strongest of evidence.

So we have two guys who have been accused of the same thing, albeit one of them many times, both deny it happened, so discounting folks who worship one or the other i can see why some might suggest that if joe receives more furor, tar, feathers than don for the same thing it could appear very hypocritical.

To me the real irony is that a person with one much less a list of sexual misconduct allegations can be elected potus,

And as its been said in 2020 voters will have their choice which one of the dirty old men makes a better potus.

While some of this is true. Biden has been accused by many women of sexual assault or unwanted touching.   Add into it his pedophile behavior and he doesn't become the better man by any means.  

He absolutely did not do what you stated below.  I watched his interview where he was asked why they could not search the records for the name Tara Reade.  His response was - Because they won't find anything.  He refuses to release the report.  

"he validated the accuser and pushed that the filed at the time alleged report of the allegation be found and released"

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

He absolutely did not do what you stated below.  I watched his interview where he was asked why they could not search the records for the name Tara Reade.  His response was - Because they won't find anything.  He refuses to release the report.  

That’s what convinced me that he was lying. An innocent man would’ve jumped at the chance to prove his innocence by inviting a team of investigative journalists to search the records themselves.

• Like 3

I did said

"he validated the accuser and pushed that the filed at the time alleged report of the allegation be found and released"

It reflected the jist i had gotten, When i feel better i will double check what i thought i heard joe say which was to the effect to find and release any records, filed reports, after i look into that if i was mistsken i will say so, i have zero ego here.

thanks for the clue in, yes,  joe has accusations of sexual misconduct and don has multi accusations of sexual misconduct, we agree on that fact,

You are also correct neither is a "better man" than the other,  you added joes "pedophile behavior" so ill add don saying to the effect his daughter is hot and he would date her if...blah blah blah, my point is both guys are creepers, i would guess any non biased person can agree on that.

So in your passion pleae do not put words in my mouth or make claims im saying stuff i never said,

I never said any of this made joe a "better man" over don, neither is a "better man" in my book.

I also never said either were guilty i said they were "accused" however, im pretty comfortable that evidence points to don did say "grab em by the..." and don had affairs with two sex trade workers and tried to pay them off, if you find don innocent thats fine, we can agree to disagree on that.

What i suggested was joe and don are basically give or take both equal receivers of allegations of sexual misconduct and which of the two is better suited for potus voters will decide in 2020 and remember i said i believe don will win again.

Also i want to clarify i am not much into politics, i came here bored all ADD,

I fully admit i do not feel don is a good potus and his failing response to covid19 scares me and costs lives,

I realize some are very passionate about politics and worship one of these guys or the other, i dont so in that i really have no business posting in politics, debating whose a bigger creep is a huge waste of my time, i will unless directly  addressed and feel reply is needed stick to posting in crypto, ufos and paramormal type sections.

Have a good one and stay safe,

Cheers

b

Edited by the13bats
capt typo
  • Confused 1