Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Biden - Tara Reade allegations

RoofGardener

At first I thought this was a Trump like witch hunt, but come to find out there is record of it at the time. Still not saying it happened, but its much more likely than the Kavanaugh thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a woman now 26 says she was sexually harassed when she was 14 in 2008. Slo Joe complimented her on her boobs. :devil:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eva-murry-biden-tara-reade

"When it was Biden and my aunt’s turn to say hello he quickly turned to me and asked how old I was," Murry told Law&Crime. "I replied with my age and he replied with the comment, ‘Fourteen? You’re very well endowed for 14!’"

Doesn't sound like much but inappropriate nonetheless.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 2

Political Cartoons by Steve Kelley

• Haha 7

• The title was changed to Joe Biden - Tara Reade allegations

Tara Reade states that she filed a complaint at the time of the alleged abuse, but admits that she does not have a copy of it to present, by way of confirmation. Mr. Biden while denying that the incident happened, has said that Ms. Reade's  allegations should be respectfully listened to, and investigated. He urged the National Archives and the U.S. Senate to produce his Senate files for that time, which should certainly contain a record of the accusation, and how the matter was dealt with, assuming it occurred. 

• Thanks 2

Well, we can all go out in November and vote for whichever sexual assaulter we think can lead our country better...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tuco's Gas said:

That girl looks like she is half-retarded or maybe a FAS kid. I wouldn't believe her about anything that happened last week, much less 7 years ago.

Democrats say believe all women. Or have the rules changed? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I see blatant hypocrisy coming out of both sides here.

All of a sudden Democrats care about due process and no longer "believe all women".

And all of a sudden Republicans feel like Biden should be judged without due process for an accusation.

• Thanks 1

I don't know one way or the other, but the statement from the DNC head was about as dumb as they get.  "We don't need to open an  investigation, I believe Joe Biden."   That does not seem to stand on principle as much as rely on expediency.

That sets the stage for a very hostile Republican investigation. 

It also seems to put forward the theory that to beat Trump  Joe has to become Trump, studly, unapologetic and incoherent. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I see blatant hypocrisy coming out of both sides here.

All of a sudden Democrats care about due process and no longer "believe all women".

And all of a sudden Republicans feel like Biden should be judged without due process for an accusation.

I'm not sure that is accurate @spartan max2 ? I havn't heard ANY such hostile comments from the Republicans, other for them to point out the hypocrisy of both the Democratic party, and the left-wing MSM in "soft-pedaling" the story ? 

At this stage I am somewhat sceptical. Tara Reade's accusation seems - at the moment - to be as nebulous as that of Christine Blasey Ford's accusations against Kavanagh. But... we shall see. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

Ms. Reade now admits that her complaint, made through Senate channels, did not include sexual abuse. A few acquaintances of hers recall her saying to them that she had filed the complaint. She claims she was made to feel uncomfortable by remarks Mr. Biden made to her. These remarks were apparently complimentary, but crossed over the line of what was then, or now, considered appropriate, in the circumstances. I believe many older men of ebullient character make and have made such mistakes, without intending harm. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bison said:

Ms. Reade now admits that her complaint, made through Senate channels, did not include sexual abuse. A few acquaintances of hers recall her saying to them that she had filed the complaint. She claims she was made to feel uncomfortable by remarks Mr. Biden made to her. These remarks were apparently complimentary, but crossed over the line of what was then, or now, considered appropriate, in the circumstances. I believe many older men of ebullient character make and have made such mistakes, without intending harm. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

:geek:

IMG_20200503_145518.jpg

In other words "I honestly believe he sexual assaulted you, but I'm going to support him anyways, I hope you understand" lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

That girl looks like she is half-retarded or maybe a FAS kid. I wouldn't believe her about anything that happened last week, much less 7 years ago.

“Can’t attack the evidence, attack the source” charming.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

IMG_20200503_145518.jpg

Ewww. 
“You have to suffer so we can win”. **** that. Burn them all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree, let the women speak out and testify.

One abused woman is one to many but as we all know, if you abuse 5, 6, 10 or more, do not let them speak out, call them liers, then you will be for sure elected president by the christloving conservatives.

If Joe is guilty he should not be the President. Trumpists should be the last one to trow the stone here.

• Like 1

Just figured it should be pointed out rumors of Biden making unwanted sexual advances on females isnt exactly new.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2008/08/23/quot-change-quot-quot-hope-quot-why-they-must-be-talking-about-joe-biden/?fbclid=IwAR3d_---66e-WakNSl3zVaNVBLs5Qby66FMr495FakhCrulMybyuvWAKGFY

That link is from an article written in 2008 on a leftist newsite written by a leftist journalist.  Most of the article doesnt pertain to the subject except for one paragraph.

"Biden  is a notorious flapjaw. His vanity deludes him into believing that every word that drops from his mouth is minted in the golden currency of Pericles. Vanity is the most conspicuous characteristic of US Senators en bloc , nourished by deferential  acolytes and often expressed in loutish sexual  advances to staffers, interns and the like.  On more than one occasion CounterPunch’s editors have listened to vivid accounts by the recipient of just such advances, this staffer of another senator being accosted  by Biden in the well of the senate  in the weeks immediately following his first wife’s fatal car accident."

Whether one wants to believe the rumors or not they seem to atleast have been floating around capital hill since atleast 2008.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, bison said:

Tara Reade states that she filed a complaint at the time of the alleged abuse, but admits that she does not have a copy of it to present, by way of confirmation. Mr. Biden while denying that the incident happened, has said that Ms. Reade's  allegations should be respectfully listened to, and investigated. He urged the National Archives and the U.S. Senate to produce his Senate files for that time, which should certainly contain a record of the accusation, and how the matter was dealt with, assuming it occurred. 

Which is great except the kind of report she filed could well be in his papers at the university of Delaware and where, conveniently, they are refusing to allow them to be searched.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-senate-papers_n_5ea83f9ec5b6e55df8d86846

The fact that he COULD give them permission and won't makes the topic worthy of discussion.  I don't really know or care what the old perv did back in the day.  I'm way more concerned with the fact that media is only propaganda now and it's all on one side and only interested in keeping them in power.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, acidhead said:

IMG_20200503_145518.jpg

If this tweet is true (and Wikipedia claims it IS), then this is the most sick, cynical tweet I have ever seen. But then, Lisa Bloom is renown for supporting left-wing legal cases, including initial support of Harvey Weinstein, and supporting the women who accused Donald Trump of sexual abuse. 

This epitomises the "get rid of Trump at  ANY cost" attitude of many liberals and progressives in America today. She should be deeply ashamed at such flagrant hypocrisy. Words fail me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If this tweet is true (and Wikipedia claims it IS), then this is the most sick, cynical tweet I have ever seen. But then, Lisa Bloom is renown for supporting left-wing legal cases, including initial support of Harvey Weinstein, and supporting the women who accused Donald Trump of sexual abuse. 

This epitomises the "get rid of Trump at  ANY cost" attitude of many liberals and progressives in America today. She should be deeply ashamed at such flagrant hypocrisy. Words fail me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ewww. 
“You have to suffer so we can win”. **** that. Burn them all.

Ha! I had the same reaction Ewww indeed 

• Like 2

Who here hasn't been aware that Biden is a huge creep for years?  Hard to believe the DNC didn't know it, and yet here they are.  I guess it was his turn.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Who here hasn't been aware that Biden is a huge creep for years?  Hard to believe the DNC didn't know it, and yet here they are.  I guess it was his turn.  

Well.. hold on there... innocent until proven guilty, and all that ?