Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joe Biden - Tara Reade allegations

RoofGardener

56 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well.. hold on there... innocent until proven guilty, and all that ? 

I didn't say he was guilty of anything.  But it is well documented how touchy feely he is which would raise a red flag were I an officer of the party that there is going to be some great difficulty with this guy as candidate. That should have led them down a path to a more electable, creepy free candidate.  Doubly so now that all gloves have been taken off thanks to the hysteria of the last few years in the USA's political culture.  This is going to haunt his campaign all the way to voting day.  They had a perfectly electable candidate in Tulsi, a real Patriot but chose as a political machine, to uniformly throw her under a bus.  Four more years of trump will result IMO

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Biden should drop out. This is just another reason true or not people are going to believe it's true. It's going to further suppress the vote which is the only way trump stands a chance of winning. Dems are playing right into repubs hands by running this jabroni. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, spartan max2 said:

I see blatant hypocrisy coming out of both sides here.

All of a sudden Democrats care about due process and no longer "believe all women".

And all of a sudden Republicans feel like Biden should be judged without due process for an accusation.

Democratic leaders....actual democrats still believe all women and are willing to hold him responsible. 

6 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Democratic leaders....actual democrats still believe all women and are willing to hold him responsible. 

Not true.  My mostly democratic family seems to think she works for trump.  I try to tell them both parties are morally bankrupt sides of the same corrupt coin but they just zombie along like most people, sure that they are good and everyone that disagrees with them is evil and that I'm just an eccentric conspiracy theorist. :gun:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

No, apparently they both believe her AND STILL support Biden because “they have to get Trump”.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Well, they - and the media - are being VERY silent about this at the moment. In a rational world, that is reasonable, as there are very few "facts" backing this allegation at the moment. 

However, I can't help but note the difference in their behaviour between this accusation, and the Kavanaugh accusation. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OverSword said:

I didn't say he was guilty of anything.  But it is well documented how touchy feely he is which would raise a red flag were I an officer of the party that there is going to be some great difficulty with this guy as candidate. That should have led them down a path to a more electable, creepy free candidate.  Doubly so now that all gloves have been taken off thanks to the hysteria of the last few years in the USA's political culture.  This is going to haunt his campaign all the way to voting day.  They had a perfectly electable candidate in Tulsi, a real Patriot but chose as a political machine, to uniformly throw her under a bus.  Four more years of trump will result IMO

Yeah, he's always had that Chester the Molester vibe about him.   I've come across men who put off that vibe several times in my life.  You just get the feeling that you wouldn't let them around your daughter.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, they - and the media - are being VERY silent about this at the moment. In a rational world, that is reasonable, as there are very few "facts" backing this allegation at the moment. 

However, I can't help but note the difference in their behaviour between this accusation, and the Kavanaugh accusation. 

I can see that. 

• Like 1

Who is Tara Reade?
A former aide to Biden from his years in the Senate, Reade, now 56, says that in 1993, in a corridor in a Senate office building, he pushed her against a wall and assaulted her, penetrating her with his fingers.

According to the New York Times, a friend of Reade said she described an incident at the time, involving Biden. Two more people, another friend and Reade’s brother, have said she mentioned “a traumatic sexual incident involving Biden”.

Reade has said she went to top Biden aides in the Senate office to report being harassed by the senator but did not mention the alleged assault. Reade says the aides did not take action and she filed a formal complaint with the Senate personnel office.

In 2019, Reade and seven other women publicly accused Biden of gestures that made them uncomfortable, included unwanted touching or kissing.

What is the accusation?
Tara Reade, 56, worked as a staff assistant to Mr Biden from 1992-93 when he was a senator for the US state of Delaware.

In recent interviews, she has said that in 1993 her former boss forced her against a wall and put his hands under her shirt and skirt after she delivered him his gym bag.

"There was no exchange, really, he just had me up against the wall," she said to podcast host Katie Halper in March 2020.

"I remember it happened all at once... his hands were on me and underneath my clothes." He then penetrated her with his fingers, she said.

"I remember him saying, first, as he was doing it 'Do you want to go somewhere else?' and then him saying to me, when I pulled away... he said 'Come on man, I heard you liked me,'" she said.

"That phrase stayed with me."

Ms Reade filed a criminal complaint on 9 April 2020 with police, saying she was a victim of sexual assault but did not name Mr Biden.

She said in a tweet that she filed the complaint "for safety reasons only", as the statute of limitations for her claim had expired and she had begun to receive online threats.

What evidence has emerged?
Ms Reade was one of several women who came forward last year to accuse Mr Biden of inappropriate touching, hugging or kissing, though none, including Ms Reade, described his actions as sexual assault at the time.

Three people have now backed her account of being assaulted, although none say they were witnesses to it. Her brother, a former neighbour and a former colleague have said that they heard her describe the accusation against her boss after the alleged incident.

Lynda LaCasse, who lived next door to Ms Reade after she left Washington in 1993, told Business Insider: "This happened, and I know it did because I remember talking about it."

She recalled Ms Reade crying while describing her experience as they both shared stories of violence in their lives sometime in 1995 or 1996.

"I remember her saying, here was this person that she was working for and she idolised him," Ms LaCasse said.

"I remember the skirt. I remember the fingers," she said. "I remember she was devastated."

"I have to support her just because that's what happened," said Ms LaCasse. She said she felt compelled to support Ms Reade because "we need to stand up and tell the truth." However, she said she still planned to vote for Mr Biden in the November presidential election.

Lorraine Sanchez, a former legislative aide who worked with Ms Reade in the office of a California lawmaker from 1994-96, told Business Insider that, during that time, Ms Reade had described being mistreated by a former boss.

Ms Reade said "she had been sexually harassed by her former boss while she was in DC", according to Ms Sanchez, who added that she could not remember whether Ms Reade detailed the type of harassment, or named Mr Biden.

Meanwhile, Ms Reade's brother, Collin Moulton, told the Washington Post that she had told him in 1993 that Mr Biden had touched her neck and shoulders.
What’s behind the Biden sexual harassment allegation

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 11:21 AM, bison said:

Tara Reade states that she filed a complaint at the time of the alleged abuse, but admits that she does not have a copy of it to present, by way of confirmation. Mr. Biden while denying that the incident happened, has said that Ms. Reade's  allegations should be respectfully listened to, and investigated. He urged the National Archives and the U.S. Senate to produce his Senate files for that time, which should certainly contain a record of the accusation, and how the matter was dealt with, assuming it occurred. 

Well, if you already know you made such a document disappear years ago, then of course, you're going to be all in on looking up the record. Just sayin.....

• Like 3

On 5/4/2020 at 1:44 PM, RoofGardener said:

Well.. hold on there... innocent until proven guilty, and all that ? 

Depends on who you are.

• Like 3

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

• Like 1

It's really not a good look for Democrats.

When Trump was running, everyone knew he was a jerk.  Knew he was a womanizer.   Still voted for him because they liked the direction he would lead us more than what they thought Hillary would do.  The Democrats and the media crucified the Republicans for supporting such a monster.    They had a point.

But now they have done the same thing they rallied against.  Several women have said they believe Reade but still support Biden.  

• Like 2

@Myles That video you posted above is enough to make me puke. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

@Myles That video you posted above is enough to make me puke. 

It does make me feel uncomfortable.   Just seeing how most of the kids act is disturbing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Myles said:

It does make me feel uncomfortable.   Just seeing how most of the kids act is disturbing.  

Kids have an instinct about things like that. At least I did.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:21 PM, Robotic Jew said:

Isnt that the "No TRUE Scotsman" argument?

No TRUE democrat would do that....

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Isnt that the "No TRUE Scotsman" argument?

No TRUE democrat would do that....

Not really. My point was that he's being shielded and propped up by the establishment because he's "their guy" and they don't have the guts to admit they've made another mistake in choosing a candidate. I think if actual people were given the full details and facts of the story they would make a different decision. 

Also, I think her name doesn't help. The first few times I heard the story being brought up I thought he had assaulted the actress.

• Like 1