Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The story of Morgawr; Cornwall's 'Nessie'

Eldorado

"For over a century, a 20ft long snake-like creature has been lurking deep below the surface off the coast of Cornwall.

"Slithering its way through the water, Cornwall's very own 'Nessie' has terrified dozens of people who claim to have seen it.

"The mysterious sea serpent, described as dark skinned with humps on its back, has been named Morgawr, Cornish for sea giant and apparently lives in the waters off Falmouth Bay.

"Sightings can be traced back about 140 years, when a long-necked beast was allegedly caught by fishermen in Gerrans Bay."

Full article at Cornwall Live: https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/story-sightings-mystery-sea-creature-4092252

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

And here we have it, the proof

:rolleyes:

0_Untitled-design-11.png

Sightings can be traced back about 140 years, when a long-necked beast was allegedly caught by fishermen in Gerrans Bay.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/story-sightings-mystery-sea-creature-4092252

If it was caught, what is that in the photo?

Actually caught or not, WHAT is that photo!? 

• Haha 6

Pffft.. they are not sea serpents. They where French Spies. 

(except for the Monkey.. that was a Spanish spy). 

It's interesting that some of these reports are so old. Is there any material related to the sightings, besides the few pictures?

Edited by Ultimatium

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Repeating sightings in one area from local fishermen. There is something strange happening. A couple of beasties around the UK.

Well, sightings like that has been reported for ages. I just found this particular video filmed by a couple of fishermen in lake champlain. It's been verified as genuine, so im not sure what it is.

Edited by Ultimatium
  • Thanks 2

On 5/29/2020 at 6:23 AM, Ultimatium said:

It's probably not an oarfish, since there are no oarfish in lake champlain as far as i know.

I'd go out on a limb and say that a fish that actually exists, though not documented in that lake, is a far more realistic solution than a fish/serpent that does not actually exist anywhere on earth. "Champ" is merely yet another confused legend that varies from person to person, like all other legends. Inconsistency is not usually notable for being evidence of reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It shows how sceptical the general public is, making out these fishermen were not the usual "crackpot" people that see something unusual.The truth is they are discovering new species all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very cool video, its something and something odd but what?

I used to fish and be into lakes here ( florida ) i was also into the aquarium hobby, and i would guess for every native species we have there are 10-15 perhaps more nonindigenous creatures, countless exotics released from home aquariums grow huge,

OIP.Lre3-LVlBp0WkMtG0dj_EQHaFj?w=193&h=1

Some of this species grow several feet and look very otherworldly to folks who do not know of them, ive had 5 ft gator gar wanna take me out, and knew where a large clown knife lived and it would take food from my hand.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:46 AM, Gilbert Syndrome said:

I'd go out on a limb and say that a fish that actually exists, though not documented in that lake, is a far more realistic solution than a fish/serpent that does not actually exist anywhere on earth. "Champ" is merely yet another confused legend that varies from person to person, like all other legends. Inconsistency is not usually notable for being evidence of reality. 

^^^ this pretty much sums up lake monsters to me.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 10:09 AM, Ultimatium said:

Well, sightings like that has been reported for ages. I just found this particular video filmed by a couple of fishermen in lake champlain. It's been verified as genuine, so im not sure what it is.

So im lazy to go hunting wt...h is that is this video, somewhere someone must have did a looky.

Its not like the tattered tailed manatees monsterquest called unknown monsters in fl.

• 4 weeks later...