Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ghost of Thorington Hall

Eldorado

"Deep in the heart of Constable country is Thorington Hall, a jewel in Suffolk’s architectural crown available to rent complete with a private chef…and a ghost.

"The timber-framed farmhouse, set in 1,000 acres of farmland close to Colchester, dates from the 16th century and boasts a host of wonderful features, including a six-flue chimney stack, a Priest Hole, a cellar and…witch repellents."

Full aricle at EADT UK: https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/weird-suffolk-haunted-thorington-hall-ghost-1-6633240

Nice pics at the Ghostly Gazetteer: https://ghostlygazetteer.wordpress.com/tag/thorington-hall/

• Like 5

Seems these days, a ghost is a selling point on bigger properties. I also notice a direct correlation between paranormal activity popping up in restaurants, bars, hotels, etc...and the bottom line not doing so well. Apparently, hauntings improve business, so they invent incidents, make videos and hope it will bring in patrons.

I noticed these type establishments began having a lot of this going on and got suspicious. So, I accessed public records and found out that many of them had filed bankruptcy, took over a business that had been failing, moved into a location that had businesses fail there multiple times, etc..Not to mention, when a restaurant is empty enough to video a "ghost" knocking over stuff during lunch or dinner hour, something isn't kosher.

16 hours ago, jbondo said:

Seems these days, a ghost is a selling point on bigger properties. I also notice a direct correlation between paranormal activity popping up in restaurants, bars, hotels, etc...and the bottom line not doing so well. Apparently, hauntings improve business, so they invent incidents, make videos and hope it will bring in patrons.

I noticed these type establishments began having a lot of this going on and got suspicious. So, I accessed public records and found out that many of them had filed bankruptcy, took over a business that had been failing, moved into a location that had businesses fail there multiple times, etc..Not to mention, when a restaurant is empty enough to video a "ghost" knocking over stuff during lunch or dinner hour, something isn't kosher.

Theres a pub i used to use back in the day that was never haunted all ways busy and generally a great place for bikers to use then it was taken over turned into a pub/resturant/b and b kinda place, bussiness slumped then it changed its name became haunted and hey presto trade picked up,incidently the said pub is only a couple of miles away from thorrington 

4 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Theres a pub i used to use back in the day that was never haunted all ways busy and generally a great place for bikers to use then it was taken over turned into a pub/resturant/b and b kinda place, bussiness slumped then it changed its name became haunted and hey presto trade picked up,incidently the said pub is only a couple of miles away from thorrington 

Isn't that always the way Matt? You find something you like and bam! it's gone or changed.This seems to happen to me constantly, from places I frequent to products I buy. Probably because I don't follow the trends of pop culture. I find unknown stuff that has great quality and patronize it. However, because other brands or locations have big advertising budgets, they are favored. To this day, I see the rise of Subway in America as a tragedy and a black eye to what a real sub sandwich once was. I love beef Jerky and found one that is head and shoulders above the rest (outside making your own) called 'Old Trapper', but in the US, Jack Links is the one who pushes advertising. Hence: There are literally 50 slots throughout my grocery store and most others with Jack Links. My jerky has one slot relegated to the Jerky section and when it runs out, it stays empty for a month, while Jack Links never runs out. Frankly, I think it tastes like roast beef that's been dried out. The biggest complaint people have of roast beef is when it's too dry. So, why would they want jerky like that? But, the public is programmed to buy that brand, while I struggle half the time to even get mine unless I buy direct from the website. I can go on and on from Butternut donuts, to Mids sauce. I won't even get into favorite places that have been lost due to big box chains. While I would much rather go have a fish fry at my favorite pub, the generations after me would rather go to TGI Friday's or Chili's. Nothing unique, nothing created within an individual location, just pop culture nonsense and 5 waiters singing happy birthday every 10 minutes.

• Like 1