Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A time without rule of law.What could happen?

and-then

https://futurism.com/congressional-report-a-north-korean-emp-attack-would-kill-90-of-all-americans

This link is just an example of a potential catalyst for a world WROL - without rule of law.  There are many others and the growing lawlessness in America may be setting that stage.  I'm curious about how many here could even be willing to give this issue any real thought.  I've noticed increasing numbers of stories about Congress members who are advocating for open borders, the dissolution of ICE, and on a smaller scale, asking government to nullify the rights of property owners in the form of total rent remittance.  

I'm sure some here can think of other examples.  The ideas are really becoming unhinged and they strike at the entire premise of personal property rights.  If these ideas are adopted by a future U.S. government against the will of the majority then civil disobedience may become less "civil".  

The final straw for me in deciding to put this out there was the story today of some security guard in Detroit who lost his life for telling people they had to wear a mask inside the store.  He was killed as though his life meant nothing.  Imagine that kind of thinking in your community.  Let your mind wander a bit...

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, and then said:

https://futurism.com/congressional-report-a-north-korean-emp-attack-would-kill-90-of-all-americans

This link is just an example of a potential catalyst for a world WROL - without rule of law.  There are many others and the growing lawlessness in America may be setting that stage.  I'm curious about how many here could even be willing to give this issue any real thought.  I've noticed increasing numbers of stories about Congress members who are advocating for open borders, the dissolution of ICE, and on a smaller scale, asking government to nullify the rights of property owners in the form of total rent remittance.  

I'm sure some here can think of other examples.  The ideas are really becoming unhinged and they strike at the entire premise of personal property rights.  If these ideas are adopted by a future U.S. government against the will of the majority then civil disobedience may become less "civil".  

The final straw for me in deciding to put this out there was the story today of some security guard in Detroit who lost his life for telling people they had to wear a mask inside the store.  He was killed as though his life meant nothing.  Imagine that kind of thinking in your community.  Let your mind wander a bit...

I agree that there is way too much lawless behavior in the United States these days. That's why when I am in the country I always carry concealed, I just don't feel comfortable anymore. I also know I am not alone when it comes to feeling this way, many Americans do exactly the same thing I do and for the same reason. But, with that said I still wonder how many could kill if they had to, and that's a completely different story. For those who carry concealed and are not sure if they can kill its best to not carry at all, because when you are placed in a situation where you must protect yourself or your loved ones there is no room for hesitation, if you hesitate your weapon could be taken away from you and used against you.

Peace

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree that there is way too much lawless behavior in the United States these days. That's why when I am in the country I always carry concealed, I just don't feel comfortable anymore. I also know I am not alone when it comes to feeling this way, many Americans do exactly the same thing I do and for the same reason. But, with that said I still wonder how many could kill if they had to, and that's a completely different story. For those who carry concealed and are not sure if they can kill its best to not carry at all, because when you are placed in a situation where you must protect yourself or your loved ones there is no room for hesitation, if you hesitate your weapon could be taken away from you and used against you.

Peace

My dad passed in 2014 at 89 but he carried 3 guns at all times until at about 84 a dumbass started on him in the winn dixie parking lot about wanting to take my dads hat ( dad was a taxidermy made wild popular hats ) my dad was shook up because he didnt want to shoot and kill that idiot over a hat so he stopped carring, i guess a bit different than being scared to shoot.

So this getting shot for being told to put on a mask, i worried about something going wrong when militant protestors with semi weapons were storming that capt building, would one of those peotestors been willing to shoot someone over something like being told to wear a mask in this building?  i wouldnt have been tge least big surprised,

Will trump praise the dollar store shooters saying he understands how they feel?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, the13bats said:

My dad passed in 2014 at 89 but he carried 3 guns at all times until at about 84 a dumbass started on him in the winn dixie parking lot about wanting to take my dads hat ( dad was a taxidermy made wild popular hats ) my dad was shook up because he didnt want to shoot and kill that idiot over a hat so he stopped carring, i guess a bit different than being scared to shoot.

So this getting shot for being told to put on a mask, i worried about something going wrong when militant protestors with semi weapons were storming that capt building, would one of those peotestors been willing to shoot someone over something like being told to wear a mask in this building?  i wouldnt have been tge least big surprised,

Will trump praise the dollar store shooters saying he understands how they feel?

I understand why your father stopped carrying concealed, and I applaud him for doing what he did. He realized that he didn't want to kill someone, so it made no sense to carry any longer. I think the idiot that shot that guard, was a criminal before that situation happened. There was no reason to take actions like that unless it was just a natural response he had taken before, the dude needs to fry. 

While it was legal for them to carry guns into that State Capital Building, it was a very ignorant thing to do, and law is dangerous and should be changed. People acting in that manner are not using common sense, and are trying to push the boundaries of the laws to try and get a reaction. Their intent was clear, and that was shear intimidation nothing else, they should have disarmed and kicked out legal or not.

peace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I read some on thr dollar store shooting but do not know it what i am now posting is 100% correct.

Dad mom son daughter, daughter is asked to wear mask in store and refuses and mom starts ranting at the guard, the guard tells them to leave tells cashier not to serve them,

They leave come back and dad and son confront guard over disrespecting mom/wife and son shoots guard in head.

Mom was caught dad and son still on lam?

They all are charged 1st degree premeditated murder, other charges included fire arm in position of felon, etc, not sure but i got jist all 3 were repeat bad guys,

This opens a big bucket o worms,

With all the protests about rights and you bedder open this or that, should anyone be allowed to storm a capital building with semi autos obviously worn for intimidation power reasons

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace

Hi Manwon

I never carry a side arm but have at least two thumb blades on me at all times 4" is legal and some times in some situations have taped a sgian-dubh to my arm under a short sleeved shirt for easy access, we all have our ways.

jmccr8

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Manwon

I never carry a side arm but have at least two thumb blades on me at all times 4" is legal and some times in some situations have taped a sgian-dubh to my arm under a short sleeved shirt for easy access, we all have our ways.

jmccr8

Yes we do and whatever it takes to make you feel safe is all that matters.

Peace 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes we do and whatever it takes to make you feel safe is all that matters.

Peace 

I always feel safe

• Like 2

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

I read some on thr dollar store shooting but do not know it what i am now posting is 100% correct.

Dad mom son daughter, daughter is asked to wear mask in store and refuses and mom starts ranting at the guard, the guard tells them to leave tells cashier not to serve them,

They leave come back and dad and son confront guard over disrespecting mom/wife and son shoots guard in head.

Mom was caught dad and son still on lam?

They all are charged 1st degree premeditated murder, other charges included fire arm in position of felon, etc, not sure but i got jist all 3 were repeat bad guys,

This opens a big bucket o worms,

With all the protests about rights and you bedder open this or that, should anyone be allowed to storm a capital building with semi autos obviously worn for intimidation power reasons

In New Mexico no weapons are allowed in any courthouse or the state buildings.  I think that is true in Texas as well as the last incident I remember at a court house was a man driving his car into the windows, jumping out and shooting.  Both states allow concealed carry but require certification.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 1:23 AM, the13bats said:

Has he?  FTM, did any of the citizens with weapons on that protest do anything threatening or illegal?  Your bias is showing.  It's obvious and it should embarrass you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

they  said if everyone carries guns streets will be rivers of blood, yet in vermont everyone has guns, yet crime it the lowest.  people that predict horrors are not worth paying attention to

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Has he?  FTM, did any of the citizens with weapons on that protest do anything threatening or illegal?  Your bias is showing.  It's obvious and it should embarrass you.

i dont worship trump as you have made it obvious to me you do, its cool you dig him ill respect that.

you are wrong that i have any biases im not at all embarassed to admit trump imo has failed epic and that i have seen him offer his support to such things as i questioned,

protestors carrying semi auto weapons and screaming raving lunitic style in the faces of law enforcment officers is imo meant to be threatening, few people see screaming, raving in someones face as a postive way to reach a peaceful agreement.

I phrased this,

"Will trump praise the dollar store shooters saying he understands how they feel? "

As a question , to be answered by those wiser than myself and you answered my question with a question "has he?" So you wonder that too,  its not a reach to wonder what he will spew next.

i dont know if he has yet, i dont hear or read every ridiculous thing he blurts out, 

Like with this reply to me you give me the impression that its a deep personal insult to you for a person to have a different opinion than you do about trump, i get it you have a lot of passion here, i assure you my opinions about him are not meant to insult any one.

Trust me, its not a bias against the man, while i havent seen them going by what i have seen of him i just bet his realty shows were a hoot,

I admit dont find him a good potus. Just my opinion shouldn't matter ono obese rodents rectum what i think,

Just one small example his response to covid is imo an epic fail.

I dont think you need to worry im a tiny small minority most folks are simpatico with you and worship the man,  im sure your hero will win 2020 in a huge landslide.

In the meantime im worried about all the people dying from the virus.

Stay safe,

Cheers

b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

FTM, did any of the citizens with weapons on that protest do anything threatening or illegal?  Your bias is showing.  It's obvious and it should embarrass you.

its fine to carry firearms, concealed or otherwise its also sensible to be wary  and question the judgement of those that carry in blatant display

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:40 AM, aztek said:

they  said if everyone carries guns streets will be rivers of blood, yet in vermont everyone has guns, yet crime it the lowest.  people that predict horrors are not worth paying attention to

Well I am certain that is true, but in LA everyone carries guns, legally or legally and many of the streets there are covered with blood. I suppose that it all revolves around locations across the country, some states and cities within those states are more just dangerous than others.

With Vermont being like you say it must be a great to live, hope you and your family are safe and in good health.

Peace

• Like 2

I was 12-years-old when a major blackout hit New York City. The violence began almost immediately. In some ways that event still affects the way I behave when I’m in a densely populated area. From the article:

“Looting and vandalism were widespread, hitting 31 neighborhoods. Possibly the hardest hit were Crown Heights, where 75 stores on a five-block stretch were looted, and Bushwick, where arson was rampant, with some 25 fires still burning the next morning. At one point, two blocks of Broadway, which separates Bushwick from Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn, were on fire. Thirty-five blocks of Broadway were destroyed: 134 stores looted, 45 of them set ablaze. Thieves stole 50 new Pontiacs from a Bronx car dealership. In Brooklyn, youths were seen backing up cars to targeted stores, tying ropes around the stores' grates, and using their cars to pull the grates away before looting the store. While 550 police officers were injured in the mayhem, 4,500 looters were arrested.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_blackout_of_1977

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I was 12-years-old when a major blackout hit New York City. The violence began almost immediately. In some ways that event still affects the way I behave when I’m in a densely populated area. From the article:

“Looting and vandalism were widespread, hitting 31 neighborhoods. Possibly the hardest hit were Crown Heights, where 75 stores on a five-block stretch were looted, and Bushwick, where arson was rampant, with some 25 fires still burning the next morning. At one point, two blocks of Broadway, which separates Bushwick from Bedford-Stuyvesant in Brooklyn, were on fire. Thirty-five blocks of Broadway were destroyed: 134 stores looted, 45 of them set ablaze. Thieves stole 50 new Pontiacs from a Bronx car dealership. In Brooklyn, youths were seen backing up cars to targeted stores, tying ropes around the stores' grates, and using their cars to pull the grates away before looting the store. While 550 police officers were injured in the mayhem, 4,500 looters were arrested.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_blackout_of_1977

no surprises here, those are areas populated by certain culture who commits vastly unproportional amount of crime,.

i lived thru 2007 blackout, it was nothing close to that, sure some stores were looted, but it was a rare occurrence, no riots,  widespread vandalism, no skyhigh jump in crime,  complete opposite to 1977

Edited by aztek

It can happen at any time, in most large cities for whatever reason, simplybill. I'm not going to be a victim either though, if I have anything to do with it. I do have that choice at the moment.

I'll be the one hunkered down with a good vantange point. ;)

• Like 2

When I was in my 20’s, I lived in a street-level apartment that was directly across the street from an apartment full of gang members. They were violent people. A rival gang showed up one day to get revenge after one of their buddies was stabbed at a party. When the fight was over, only one guy had gotten shot. I went to check on him, but he appeared to be dead. It turned out he still alive, but paralyzed.

It wasn’t too long afterwards that three young men kicked in my front door and stormed into my apartment. It was about 10:00 at night, and the loud BOOM of the doorframe breaking made me jump out of bed. I went to the living room and yelled some non-family-friendly words at them. They froze and stared at me for a moment, then they turned and ran out the door. The car that was waiting for them burned rubber out of the parking lot. 

If I’d owned a gun, I probably would’ve been in my rights to start shooting, but I’m grateful I wasn’t a gun owner at the time. I realized later that for the rest of my life I would wake up every morning and the first thought in my head would be, “I killed three teenagers.” 

We’re fortunate to live in a country where we can defend ourselves if necessary, though I think I’d only use lethal weapons if a friend or family member needed defending.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

i lived thru 2007 blackout, it was nothing close to that, sure some stores were looted, but it was a rare occurrence, no riots,  widespread vandalism, no skyhigh jump in crime,  complete opposite to 1977

I think for me as a 12-year-old, it was frightening to see how rapidly the veneer of ‘civilization’ dissolved into anarchy. I can’t even imagine what could happen after an EMP attack.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simplybill said:

When I was in my 20’s, I lived in a street-level apartment that was directly across the street from an apartment full of gang members. They were violent people. A rival gang showed up one day to get revenge after one of their buddies was stabbed at a party. When the fight was over, only one guy had gotten shot. I went to check on him, but he appeared to be dead. It turned out he still alive, but paralyzed.

It wasn’t too long afterwards that three young men kicked in my front door and stormed into my apartment. It was about 10:00 at night, and the loud BOOM of the doorframe breaking made me jump out of bed. I went to the living room and yelled some non-family-friendly words at them. They froze and stared at me for a moment, then they turned and ran out the door. The car that was waiting for them burned rubber out of the parking lot. 

If I’d owned a gun, I probably would’ve been in my rights to start shooting, but I’m grateful I wasn’t a gun owner at the time. I realized later that for the rest of my life I would wake up every morning and the first thought in my head would be, “I killed three teenagers.” 

We’re fortunate to live in a country where we can defend ourselves if necessary, though I think I’d only use lethal weapons if a friend or family member needed defending.

I came to terms with that years ago dealing with something somewhat similar. I would prefer not to kill anyone, but if it's me/us/family/friends or them it's going to have to be them.

I'll always feel a little more vulnerable to what kinds of torture I could be subjected to than a man they would just kill.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simplybill said:

I think for me as a 12-year-old, it was frightening to see how rapidly the veneer of ‘civilization’ dissolved into anarchy. I can’t even imagine what could happen after an EMP attack.

civilization would not change much, just small portion of uncivilized culture, but then, there is no need for emp to happen, they behave like animals when one of their criminals is shot by cops

In the shooting of the guard two words stand out, Detroit and respect.  While we don't hear about it as much I doubt that Detroit is much different than Chicago.  How many other shootings occurred that day?  I live near a smaller city with a similar demographic and proportional crime statistics.  Many of the shootings appear to be motivated by emotion more than crime.  Jealousy, turf, and respect among them.  I think this particular shooting made it to the fore only because the trigger was an item popular in the news today.  If the guard had insisted they wear shoes the outcome would have been the same.

As to the rest of the conversation, I often consider the necessity of being armed but I have never been around guns and I am often a klutz.  I drop things a lot.  I do always have a knife in my pocket and several in my collection would probably be deemed as weapon only, although I usually consider a knife to be an all purpose tool.  For home protection I do have one tactical cane that I keep near the door.

Lastly, a shout out and Thanks to jmccr8 for introducing me to a sgian-dubh.  

• Like 3

On 5/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, Tatetopa said:

its fine to carry firearms, concealed or otherwise its also sensible to be wary  and question the judgement of those that carry in blatant display

You seem to be willing to overlook the fact that the government in that state found it legal to open carry because we all have a 2A right to do so.  If they brandished them or threatened to use them then they'd be guilty of breaking a valid, reasonable law.  They didn't.  As I've said before, it isn't a choice I'd have  made in THIS circumstance because it muddies what the protest was supposed to bring attention to.  That does no one any good.  It even makes it possible for those who are trying to keep everything shut down, easier.  

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 2:07 AM, the13bats said:

should anyone be allowed to storm a capital building with semi autos obviously worn for intimidation power reasons

No they shouldn't be allowed to "storm" anything.  Can you explain what constitutes "storming" in your mind?  When I hear that term, it makes me think of active attack and exchange of gunfire while attempting to take an armed position.  

• Confused 1