Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mercenary attempt at Venezuela fails

Gromdor

You can't make this up.  Apparently a former Green Beret by the name of Jordan Goudreau decided to do "Operation Gideon" in an attempt to capture Maduro and liberate Venezuela with his Silvercorp USA security company.  He got two former special forces guys by the name of Luke Denman and Airan Berry as well as 60 or so Venezuelans to attempt a speedboat attack on the coast at the city of La Guaira.

Needless to say, both Americans have been caught and subsequently had their passports shown on national TV while 8 others were killed.  And of course naturally Jordan completely spills the beans and gives a play-by-play account of everything planned while begging for help. https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-venezuela-says-two-americans-among-those-nabbed-after-failed-beach/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I remember Peter McAleese's attempt to assassinate Escobar, he ran a pub in London and had a visit from a few men in suits after the event.... they were convinced he would have succeeded, if the Heli didn't come down in the jungle. 

• Thanks 1

Utterly bizarre ! To the extent of arousing suspicion. 

How where they caught, and how - exactly - did they anticipate capturing Maduro by attacking a beach ? 

Edited by RoofGardener

Reminds me of another such operation only in Cuba in the early sixties.  How soothing to know that no three letter agencies were involved this time.  Thank goodness.

• Like 2

the way i see it it was a very successful operation,  just that  the goal was never to capture maduro. 

4 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I remember Peter McAleese's attempt to assassinate Escobar, he ran a pub in London and had a visit from a few men in suits after the event.... they were convinced he would have succeeded, if the Heli didn't come down in the jungle. 

I remember a certain person's prison sentence in Afica for listening to Simon Mann and Mark Thatcher. :whistle:

• Haha 1

Sucks it didn't work.

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Piney said:

I remember a certain person's prison sentence in Afica for listening to Simon Mann and Mark Thatcher. :whistle:

That was one hell of an hotel, they didn't do a full breakfast or 3 meals a day. Needless to say, crap review left on Travel Advisor lol 

• Thanks 1

Doon woary, 'elp is ohn da whey... 

[00.00:47]

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well can't be surprised that something will eventually surface since this situation around Venezuela is dragged for way too long. Loving all the details but too bad that Guaido wasn't there with them - now we have to endure through all his denials.

17 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Utterly bizarre ! To the extent of arousing suspicion. 

How where they caught, and how - exactly - did they anticipate capturing Maduro by attacking a beach ? 

Isn't that where you apply for a visa on arrival?  They had their passports, so the story checks out. 

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Isn't that where you apply for a visa on arrival?  They had their passports, so the story checks out. 

I was under the impression that you apply - and receive - your visa PRIOR to travelling :D 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I was under the impression that you apply - and receive - your visa PRIOR to travelling :D 

Some places are VOA.

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Some places are VOA.

You guys are killing me.  Venezuela is not a VOA country.  If you guys had read about it you would have found that they were captured in a boat and had their passports, driver's license, and their Silvercorp ID on them. https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/americas/venezuela-maduro-americans-failed-invasion-intl/index.html

They didn't even make it to shore, let alone a port of entry office.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You guys are killing me.  Venezuela is not a VOA country.  If you guys had read about it you would have found that they were captured in a boat and had their passports, driver's license, and their Silvercorp ID on them. https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/americas/venezuela-maduro-americans-failed-invasion-intl/index.html

They didn't even make it to shore, let alone a port of entry office.

Hmmm... and here I was thinking 'story checks out' was a meme.

They get even dumber.......   The company tweeted about the raid while it was going on and even added @realDonaldTrump.

image.png.13d7490ddde8377561bc74db2f2582cd.png

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2020/05/05/the-invasion-of-venezuela-brought-to-you-by-silvercorp-usa/

Apparently they have worked for Trump before as security guards at his conventions so Maduro's claims that they were Trump's private security force isn't without merit. (See link for photos)

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

They get even dumber.......   The company tweeted about the raid while it was going on and even added @realDonaldTrump.

image.png.13d7490ddde8377561bc74db2f2582cd.png

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2020/05/05/the-invasion-of-venezuela-brought-to-you-by-silvercorp-usa/

Apparently they have worked for Trump before as security guards at his conventions so Maduro's claims that they were Trump's private security force isn't without merit. (See link for photos)

I swear this is a dark comedy movie in the making lol.

So more on the fates of those involved.  The two Green Beret's are facing "terrorism, conspiracy, illicit trafficking of weapons of war and (criminal) association," and could face 25-30 years in prison.

https://news.yahoo.com/venezuela-charges-americans-terrorism-conspiracy-192424489.html

Here in the states Jordan Goudreau is facing federal arms trafficking charges.

https://www.stripes.com/news/americas/sources-us-investigating-ex-green-beret-involved-in-venezuela-raid-1.628745

In what deranged version of reality do two green beret special forces and 60 Venezualans manage to kidnap/kill Maduro ? I mean.. really ? 

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, RoofGardener said:

Fisherman stopped them before they got to shore apparently. Sound like badasses lol.

11 minutes ago, Horta said:

Fisherman stopped them before they got to shore apparently. Sound like badasses lol.

a fisherman stopped 62 people?