Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 5, caught driving parents' SUV in Utah

Still Waters

Some toddlers spill milk in the kitchen or give their parents a headache by pulling the cat's tail.

Five-year-old Adrian took the family car, and was only caught when police in Utah state stopped him on the freeway.

A patrolman spotted the SUV weaving across lanes at 30mph (50km/h), and issued a traffic stop, duly obeyed by the driver.

He was shocked to discover the child behind the wheel, who said he was on his way to buy a Lamborghini.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52548236

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/5-year-old-boy-caught-driving-parents-suv-after-argument-over-lamborghini

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

He was shocked to discover the child behind the wheel, who said he was on his way to buy a Lamborghini

This kid is going places lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Jeez, I guess I am lucky, my youngest, when she was 9, would get my keys and drive the car around the front yard.  I thought that was incorrigible but now I realize she was not so bad.

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Jeez, I guess I am lucky, my youngest, when she was 9, would get my keys and drive the car around the front yard.  I thought that was incorrigible but now I realize she was not so bad.

I brought home an 83 Z28 as parts for my IROC and saw it steaking across my cornfield on four flats because my oldest could get anything which ran by internal combustion started.

Edited by Piney
Where's the red paint?
  • Haha 8

The Boy has no taste a Lambo  for the money he could get a nice bit of vintage ford and a Honda Goldwing and get a nice casarva trike conversion for it 

• Like 1

How TALL is this 5 year old?  Most of them couldn't press a gas pedal and see over the wheel :w00t:

• Like 3

My grandfather used to make me drive him to the store to get a cup of coffee when I was 8.

• Haha 2

I could drive by the time i was 8 i rode a motorbike as well ................. On the driving front though when i was old enough to drive legally on the road it still took 2 atempts at passing my test i had to many bad habits lol

'Success principles'. SMH. Yeah, a Lamborghini owner would say something like that.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 9:11 AM, and then said:

How TALL is this 5 year old?  Most of them couldn't press a gas pedal and see over the wheel :w00t:

I don't buy this story.    If it's true the kid would have to have been very tall for a 5-year-old to drive an SUV.   Nah.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I don't buy this story.    If it's true the kid would have to have been very tall for a 5-year-old to drive an SUV.   Nah.

I'm thinking it could possibly be true.   My son was pretty tall by the time he was 5, he always towered over all of his classmates in school.   

Nice, so he got rewarded for stealing his parents car. It's lucky that he didn't kill anyone.

Also, why is a 5 year old mowing the lawn?  :o

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smokeycat said:

Nice, so he got rewarded for stealing his parents car. It's lucky that he didn't kill anyone.

Also, why is a 5 year old mowing the lawn?  :o

My hubby and I were discussing that.  We said if it was our son, he would be grounded for many months and would NOT get a ride in anything other than the family van.  

• Like 2

If I had done that, I might still be grounded !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lightly said:

If I had done that, I might still be grounded !

Same!   

• Haha 1

All too common these days. Rewarding bad behavior. If I were the parent of this kid and some clown drove up to my house to give him a ride in his supercar, I'd tell him to hit the bricks. My money says the kid is likely spoiled and entitled. If i stole my father's car, he would have made sure I remembered the aftermath. As Andy would say: "Looks like somebody's in for a whippin!"

OK, I'll be honest, I got an occasional swat on the backside, but it got my attention. The very last time my dad physically disciplined me, I was about 10. I let my cousin use my sled and she smashed it up. My father was really mad and grabbed me by the front of my coat and threw me across the room. It was like a cartoon as I hit the wall and slid down to a sitting position. He never touched me again because he told my mother that if he did, he was afraid he might kill me. I was a pretty good kid though, so I seldom gave my parents reason to be angry.