Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US northern border illegal crossings rise;

aztek

SWANTON, Vt. (AP) — The number of people apprehended for illegally crossing from Canada into the United States along its northern border has nearly tripled over the past three years, and a growing portion are Mexican citizens, according to federal data.

One Mexican man who crossed illegally to work on a Vermont dairy farm said it was easier than trying the southern border.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics obtained by The Associated Press after a public records request provide new detail on what was apparent anecdotally: Along the border from Maine to Washington, 446 of the 1,586 illegal crossers apprehended in the 2019 fiscal year were Mexican, or 28%. That's up from 20 of 558, or just 3.6%, in 2016.

apparently walls on southern border work,  might need to do same in the north, and give canada "incentives" to control theirs, like we gave to mexico

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

But there has been a significant exodus of illegal aliens returning to Mexico for the past few years.  I've noticed it here in Austin. Many have already saved the dinero they needed to and thus moved back home, where the economy has improved.  The current level of illegals in the US is lower than it's been in nearly 20 years. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/us/undocumented-population-study-mexicans.html

i'm thinking more strict immigration policy and enforcement drove them away from tx, not mexico's economy, for as long as i live in nyc, illegals come and go, on average 2 years working here, 1 year at home,  i have not noticed any decline here thou,  just as many, your state enforces immigration laws, mine is a sanctuary, they moved here.

• Like 2

We get so many illegals walking across INTO Canada.  There have even been pictures posted of the RCMP helping them with their luggage!

• Haha 1

@glorybebe
Oh please, If you can breath into the bottom of a glass they'll let you in! Cant really blame them with the free health care and a low crime rate. Also more snow then you can shake a beaver tale at.

Edited by Davulao
  • Haha 1

Why would they leave Canada for US? Does not make sense. Fake news. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, odas said:

Justin-Trudeau-2015.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Justin-Trudeau-2015.jpg

50057678_2313996428829500_2647730222815772672_o.jpg

3 hours ago, aztek said:

i'm thinking more strict immigration policy and enforcement drove them away from tx, not mexico's economy, for as long as i live in nyc, illegals come and go, on average 2 years working here, 1 year at home,  i have not noticed any decline here thou,  just as many, your state enforces immigration laws, mine is a sanctuary, they moved here.

Should i be on the lookout? Im curious clue me in, how would i know a person is an illegal?

40 minutes ago, Davulao said:

50057678_2313996428829500_2647730222815772672_o.jpg

Yet even his fart sounds smarter than Loser Don.

Edited by odas

2 minutes ago, odas said:

To make America Great Again. Mission accomplished in Canada.

and they made a right choice, they would not become what they are in canada.

33 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Should i be on the lookout? Im curious clue me in, how would i know a person is an illegal?

if you have to ask, no, you would not know

• Confused 1

Just now, aztek said:

and they made a right choice, they would not become what they are in canada.

Well, there is a huge competition here man. Everyone is so smart and beautiful. So, go south, not too much competiton in this regard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, odas said:

? Are you taking it personal or something lol.

The U.S and Canada are both quality places to live.

1 minute ago, odas said:

Well, there is a huge competition here man. Everyone is so smart and beautiful. So, go south, not too much competiton in this regard.

there is? between who? 

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Yup and many even get dual-citizenship.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

if you have to ask, no, you would not know

Right, you seem to know so i do have to ask How do you tell who is an illegal?

Edited by the13bats
clarify
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Hell no man. I am in the US all the time. Just spent Christmas in St.Louise. I love visiting.

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

there is? between who? 

Well, Ryans would have never made it in Canada next to Albert and Mike for example. The list is long. It takes a while for Americans to get used to the Canadian beauty. As soon as they cross the border they have to cover their eyes for a while. Guess not used to the clean environment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yup and many even get dual-citizenship.

obviously they do, they were born in canada,  but thanks anyway capitan obvious

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Right, you seem to know so i do have to ask How do you tell who is an illegal?

yes i do seem to know, with very high probability,  it is just sense i developed after living in nyc for 40+ years,  and no, i can't teach you that

Edited by aztek
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

obviously they do, they were born in canada,  but thanks anyway capitan obvious

You know what else should be obvious but apparently isn't?   With a 20% unemployment rate and leading the world with Covid-19 cases and deaths- illegal immigration (or regular immigration or even tourism) isn't going to be a problem for us for quite a while.

(I'm sure someone will notice the numbers drop dramatically and credit it to a wall we haven't even built yet.) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1