Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US northern border illegal crossings rise;

aztek

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You know what else should be obvious but apparently isn't?   With a 20% unemployment rate and leading the world with Covid-19 cases and deaths- illegal immigration (or regular immigration or even tourism) isn't going to be a problem for us for quite a while.

(I'm sure someone will notice the numbers drop dramatically and credit it to a wall we haven't even built yet.) 

uh what???

and despite of that, illegals are still leaving canada for usa.  strange uh?

Edited by aztek

12 minutes ago, aztek said:

yes i do seem to know, with very high probability,  it is just sense i developed after living in nyc for 40+ years,  and no, i can't teach you that

Not asking you to teach me anything , so how do you validate your "sense" that a person is an illegal is correct?

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

(I'm sure someone will notice the numbers drop dramatically and credit it to a wall we haven't even built yet.) 

Yeah but Mexico is gonna gonna gonna pay for that wall.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

uh what???

and despite of that, illegals are still leaving canada for usa.  strange uh?

Sigh.... Do you even read the articles you link?

It is dated July 2018.................

It's why I have to post obvious things.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Move to Canada Grom. We have great beer here and Ice is free. Falls from the sky.

• Like 1

apparently it is working even without building it,  if it is easier for mexicans to get to canada by plane\ship and cross it  there,  as opposed to cross it in their country,  

• Confused 1

Just now, odas said:

Move to Canada Grom. We have great beer here and Ice is free. Falls from the sky.

I like Vancouver but I own too much property here in the states.  Some of the guys from work do an annual fishing trip up there but my kid is too young to go.  Plus my kid already has triple citizenship (Brazilian, Italian, and US).  Adding Canada might be going a bit overboard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

apparently it is working even without building it,  if it is easier for mexicans to get to canada by plane\ship and cross it  there,  as opposed to cross it in their country,  

Here comes another obvious fact.....

Most illegal immigrants just fly in on airplanes and overstay their visas.......  Flying to Canada to cross the border is actually pretty pointless. 

Flying to Canada to cross the border is actually pretty pointless. 

One Mexican man who crossed illegally to work on a Vermont dairy farm said it was easier than trying the southern border.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Most illegal immigrants just fly in on airplanes and overstay their visas.......

apples and oranges,  

Im still waiting for that cat to explain his superpower that allows him to know an illegal when he sees one,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

.  Plus my kid already has triple citizenship (Brazilian, Italian, and US). 

interesting, do tell, where was he born, and how did he get 2 other passports?

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Im still waiting for that cat to explain his superpower that allows him to know an illegal when he sees one,

then you shall wait

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

interesting, do tell, where was he born, and how did he get 2 other passports?

In the US.  Italy and Brazil both define citizenship by blood.  Just had to file a bunch of paperwork with the respective embassy.

But needless to say, this thread is pointless and outdated due to Covid-19.  I expect it will get shut down just because it doesn't apply currently (and it's nothing but personal attacks and insults).

The Canadian border is still closed to non-essential traffic: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/18/837160928/canadian-border-restrictions-have-been-extended-for-another-30-days

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I like Vancouver but I own too much property here in the states.  Some of the guys from work do an annual fishing trip up there but my kid is too young to go.  Plus my kid already has triple citizenship (Brazilian, Italian, and US).  Adding Canada might be going a bit overboard. 

Wow, thats a nice combination. Well, the door is always open, for both sides I hope. I have seen much of Eastern US up to Chicago and down to Atlanta and St. Louise. I have not been out west, not even Canadas west but plans are being made for Vancouver, Seatlle and San Francisco. 

12 minutes ago, odas said:

Wow, thats a nice combination. Well, the door is always open, for both sides I hope. I have seen much of Eastern US up to Chicago and down to Atlanta and St. Louise. I have not been out west, not even Canadas west but plans are being made for Vancouver, Seatlle and San Francisco. 

It would give him free travel throughout Europe and South America.  Even though it was a lot of work it was pretty much a no-brainer.  Despite being in insurance, the in-laws all have law degrees and did similar things for their kids. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

In the US.  Italy and Brazil both define citizenship by blood.  Just had to file a bunch of paperwork with the respective embassy.

But needless to say, this thread is pointless and outdated due to Covid-19.  I expect it will get shut down just because it doesn't apply currently (and it's nothing but personal attacks and insults).

The Canadian border is still closed to non-essential traffic: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/18/837160928/canadian-border-restrictions-have-been-extended-for-another-30-days

borders are always closed to illegal crossings yet it doe snot stop people from crossing illegally, covid or not makes 0 difference

It would give him free travel throughout Europe and South America.  Even though it was a lot of work it was pretty much a no-brainer.  Despite being in insurance, the in-laws all have law degrees and did similar things for their kids. 

That is a huge advantage for your children work related and personal. Please make sure they speak Portugese and Italian besides English and the world is theirs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, aztek said:

then you shall wait

Well played old man, clever skirting there,

we knew, you had nothing. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Well played old man, clever skirting there,

we knew, you had nothing. ;)

i have nothing to tell you that is correct. i still can tell who is illegal just as good as i can tell you really don't care how i know,  

Edited by aztek
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, aztek said:

i have nothing to tell you that is correct. i still can tell who is illegal just as good as i can tell you really don't care how i know,  

We agree you have nothing.

while "care" isnt the word i would use i do out of boredom wonder why you believe you can tell who is an illegal,

Since you are wrong about me it isnt a jump to believe you really cant tell just by looking a person is an illegal either.

Okay, ill change the subject, curious are you Mexican? Your screen name would so imply.

• Haha 1

i agree that was funny.

10 hours ago, odas said:

Do you prefer the big cities when traveling?

I much prefer a 2 week drive so I can see all the natural beauty.   Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Lake of the Ozarks and so on. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

yes i did  read it, it is dated   May 7, 2020, 2:16 PM EDT

must be the article you linked dated 2018