Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US northern border illegal crossings rise;

aztek

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Do you prefer the big cities when traveling?

I much prefer a 2 week drive so I can see all the natural beauty.   Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Lake of the Ozarks and so on. 

Yes, I like buildings. Probably you will not agree but my favourite City so far is Chicago. The way they blended in the old with the new is amazing. Plus people were really nice.

In Atlanta I was amazed how the downtown is so clean, smoking not allowed and music from loudspeakers, at that time Frank Sinatra when I was there mostly.

America that I have seen, full of nice people, does really not reflect the status that is in the news, but then again I was only in the tourist areas.

Also, the Arch in St. Louise is bigger than it looks on pictures.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, odas said:

St. Louis :)

• Like 1

Just now, clare256 said:

St. Louis :)

Yes, sorry. St. LOUIS with no E at the end. :blush:

2 hours ago, odas said:

Yes, I like buildings. Probably you will not agree but my favourite City so far is Chicago. The way they blended in the old with the new is amazing. Plus people were really nice.

In Atlanta I was amazed how the downtown is so clean, smoking not allowed and music from loudspeakers, at that time Frank Sinatra when I was there mostly.

America that I have seen, full of nice people, does really not reflect the status that is in the news, but then again I was only in the tourist areas.

Yes the Arch is very impressive.  630' tall.  more than twice as tall as the Statue of Liberty.

Chicago is a fun weekend trip.  The museums are pretty cool.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aztek said:

yes i did  read it, it is dated   May 7, 2020, 2:16 PM EDT

must be the article you linked dated 2018

With focus on Mexico, apprehensions grow at Canadian border

By WILSON RING  July 24, 2018

That is what you linked.

Here's the part about the Mexican dairy farmer: The Vermont farm worker, Diego, said he illegally crossed from Canada in 2017 because it was safer and cheaper than crossing the southern border.

I'm thinking someone just reposted old information and you just bit on it because of the headline.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

With focus on Mexico, apprehensions grow at Canadian border

By WILSON RING  July 24, 2018

That is what you linked.

Here's the part about the Mexican dairy farmer: The Vermont farm worker, Diego, said he illegally crossed from Canada in 2017 because it was safer and cheaper than crossing the southern border.

I'm thinking someone just reposted old information and you just bit on it because of the headline.

nope, i linked current article

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-northern-border-illegal-crossings-rise-mexicans-70560039

read first post , and think if you can, how can the article be from 2018 when they post data from 2019?  you seriously though your childish switcheroo wont get noticed? lamo,  -50 to your cred. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope, i linked current article

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-northern-border-illegal-crossings-rise-mexicans-70560039

read first post , and think if you can, how can the article be from 2018 when they post data from 2019?  you seriously though your childish switcheroo wont get noticed? lamo,  -50 to your cred. 

You know this argument is easy enough to settle.  Could someone (other than Aztek) scroll back up to the first post on this thread, click the link, and tell everyone the date? 

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You know this argument is easy enough to settle.  Could someone (other than Aztek) scroll back up to the first post on this thread, click the link, and tell everyone the date? 

It's the hyperlink in the OP quote is what you linked.

Which is why it's the 2018 date.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics obtained by The Associated Press after a public records request provide new detail on what was apparent anecdotally: Along the border from Maine to

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

yea, and can someone other than grom tell us how data from 2019 be used in the article from 2018.  idk where that link in the text came from, i did not put it there.  and it is irrelevant, context of the text can not be from 2018. anyone that can add 2 and 2 can see it, not grom apparently , and basing the whole argument on it, is kinda dumb even by kiddy standards

Edited by aztek
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea, and can someone other than grom tell us how data from 2019 be used in the article from 2018.  idk where that link in the text came from, i did not put it there.  and it is irrelevant, context of the text can not be from 2018. anyone that can add 2 and 2 can see it, not grom apparently , and basing the whole argument on it, is kinda dumb even by kiddy standards

You never provided a link in your OP post so that's probably why he used the hyperlink.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea, and can someone other than grom tell us how data from 2019 used in the article from 2018.  idk where that link in the text came from, i did not put it there.  and it is irrelevant, context of the text can not be from 2018.

So let me get this straight......  Your original post (which you started this thread with) wasn't made by you, that link you provided is irrelevant, we are crazy or trying to pull a fast one to say otherwise, and we should still trust what you say?

Huh.  Isn't that the very definition of gas lighting?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So let me get this straight......  Your original post (which you started this thread with) wasn't made by you, that link you provided is irrelevant, we are crazy or trying to pull a fast one to say otherwise, and we should still trust what you say?

Huh.  Isn't that the very definition of gas lighting?

nope, it is a definition of you not reading quoted part that clearly says 2019.   and no it is not "we are crazy'  it is you are in particular. crazy lazy,..or few other things i can think of, take your pick.

in any case the article legit and current, you got any other arguments on topic?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

nope, it is a definition of you not reading quoted part that clearly says 2019.   and no it is not "we are crazy'  it is you are in particular. crazy lazy,..or few other things i can think of, take your pick.

in any case the article legit and current, you got any other arguments on topic?

Apparently there isn't an article or topic.  The only thing you linked is the 2018 article (which you say you didn't link).

There is a few sentences from something else, but you didn't link it so no one can read up on it- let alone discuss it.

Plus honestly, I don't think there is a sane person around that thinks that Mexicans are pouring in from Canada during this pandemic through a shut down border. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Apparently there isn't an article or topic.  The only thing you linked is the 2018 article (which you say you didn't link).

There is a few sentences from something else, but you didn't link it so no one can read up on it- let alone discuss it.

Plus honestly, I don't think there is a sane person around that thinks that Mexicans are pouring in from Canada during this pandemic through a shut down border. 

lol, w\e

if there is no topic, no article, what are you doing arguing here?

apparently it is a fact they do come from canada, read the first post, not link to data used in the article

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, aztek said:

lol, w\e

if there is no topic, no article, what are you doing arguing here?

apparently it is a fact they do come from canada, read the first post, not link to data used in the article

Just provide the source for the OP.  They're not your words so give credit to whomever wrote them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Just provide the source for the OP.  They're not your words so give credit to whomever wrote them.

read post 58

1 hour ago, aztek said:

read post 58

Even that is not clear enough.

You really have a tough time admitting your mistake in the OP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Eh, at least he finally provided a link- even if he had to edit it into a post to not make himself look bad.

The new link is written by the same author as the 2017 link and the content is very similar.  I'm thinking that Wilson Ring fellow just got lazy, dug up an old article, embellished it a little, and then resold it. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

what is not clear enough? 

my only fault is that i forgot to link that article in first post,  which i did later in post 58.  

so now we got original article, with supporting numbers, what is not clear enough now???

my point was, and still is, perfectly valid,  WALLS WORK, despite of may  claiming it would not, including grom who tries hard to discredit the article, 

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, aztek said:

what is not clear enough? 

my only fault is that i forgot to link that article in first post,  which i did later in post 58.  

58 posts is a bit late.  Even then you didn't make it clear that was the link missing from the OP until even later.

13 minutes ago, aztek said:

so now we got original article, with supporting numbers, what is not clear enough now???

my point was, and still is, perfectly valid,  WALLS WORK, despite of may  claiming it would not, including grom who tries hard to discredit the article, 

How much of the wall has been built?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

How much of the wall has been built?

I have no clue but...

OIP.WnygQn55OdPecYQAGpTzqgHaEJ.jpg.6bf000e77461c6bcb705bfb7999f1c8c.jpg

• Haha 1

you are correct, you have no clue, mexico IS paying, they are guarding their border now,  and stop illegals on their side.  due to stricter enforcement less illegals are coming,  and many left, so less illegals are sending money back to mexico, so trump is right.