Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Not sleeping alone

34 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

UM-Bot

By: Spayashi310 | Location: Los Angeles

Quote

I had a very close relationship with my 106 year old Grandma. I was by her side I when she took her last breath. Since the day she died she has become my unwanted shadow and bedmate. I am never alone her spirit is with me 24-7.

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112386/not-sleeping-alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

The memory is still very strong because you were very close to her. 

You will never forget her, but time will make it easier to live with the fact she is not physically with you any more.

She rests in peace, now live your life in peace and move on.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1

@Spayashi310    I do think that your grandma is suspect #1 for all this activity. It's only been 6 weeks and I would think she will eventually (more sooner than later) see the light and move on past the earthbound level of the afterlife experience. Keep lovingly telling her to move on to a better place.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
54 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Keep lovingly telling her to move on to a better place.

Out of curiosity, what is "a better place"? 

I ask because if all the dead go to the same "better" place, this would mean a change in some of their personalities. As we have seen on Earth, you can have a beautiful area, but it is the people who make it what it is when they settle there.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Out of curiosity, what is "a better place"? 

I ask because if all the dead go to the same "better" place, this would mean a change in some of their personalities. As we have seen on Earth, you can have a beautiful area, but it is the people who make it what it is when they settle there.

 

For most people the 'better place' is the appropriate sub-plane of the astral plane. This plane operates at a higher frequency than the dense physical plane and hence feelings of love and beauty are heightened to levels hard to describe on the earthly plane (as reported in Near Death Experiences as just one example) making this a 'better place'. Character flaws are seen for what they are in things like a life review and the person strives to improve their thinking and character and even with the assistance of astral helpers and friends.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

For most people the 'better place' is the appropriate sub-plane of the astral plane. This plane operates at a higher frequency than the dense physical plane and hence feelings of love and beauty are heightened to levels hard to describe on the earthly plane (as reported in Near Death Experiences as just one example) making this a 'better place'. Character flaws are seen for what they are in things like a life review and the person strives to improve their thinking and character and even with the assistance of astral helpers and friends.

Most people? As in? 

How very fairytale. 

Nice idea though if one believes in life after death. 

What is this life review and who perforns it?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
13 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Most people? As in? 

How very fairytale. 

Nice idea though if one believes in life after death. 

What is this life review and who perforns it?

A life review is like a 360 panorama of life that includes experiencing the emotions that produced actions and the emotional effects of the actions are seen. This is a learning experience.

Astral guides help and lead people through their life reviews.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

For most people the 'better place' is the appropriate sub-plane of the astral plane. This plane operates at a higher frequency than the dense physical plane and hence feelings of love and beauty are heightened to levels hard to describe on the earthly plane (as reported in Near Death Experiences as just one example) making this a 'better place'. Character flaws are seen for what they are in things like a life review and the person strives to improve their thinking and character and even with the assistance of astral helpers and friends.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

A life review is like a 360 panorama of life that includes experiencing the emotions that produced actions and the emotional effects of the actions are seen. This is a learning experience.

Astral guides help and lead people through their life reviews.

The problem with that fairytale is that people are people. The part of our nature/personality, that gives each other a hard time on Earth, does not just go away. Gathering people, is equal to asking for trouble. So that "better place" doesn't stand a chance to remain "better".
And what about the helpers and guides? How are they organized? Do they have a hierarchy? Who appoints them? Did they used to be humans? How do I apply for a management job?

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
18 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

How do I apply for a management job?

I think you have to die, get to the "appropriate sub-plane of the astral plane." 

Find some of your friends to help you take a life review

 

"life review and the person strives to improve their thinking and character and even with the assistance of astral helpers and friends".

 

I will have to consult with papaG what happens after this, do.you need to fill out any forms? do you need a cv? Do you need references? Can you sack people if they stay bad?

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
24 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The problem with that fairytale is that people are people. The part of our nature/personality, that gives each other a hard time on Earth, does not just go away. Gathering people, is equal to asking for trouble. So that "better place" doesn't stand a chance to remain "better".
 

Why would you think the 'giving people a hard time' must be something permanent in one's nature? (And even the astral plane is not a permanent plane but a growing plane like the physical - eventually in most cases there is rebirth/reincarnation).

29 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

And what about the helpers and guides? How are they organized? Do they have a hierarchy? Who appoints them? Did they used to be humans? How do I apply for a management job?

That may be possible. (Your loving papa may be there to help one day and you might even see that there might have been no need to be so insulting to other claims of knowledge not addressable at this time by scientific nerds, LOL). But generally these aids/guides/angels are on a different evolutionary path than us doing the human route. There are levels/hierarchy there too. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Walt' E. Kurtz

From what i know spirits who visit us is usually not someone related it's something else the best thing is to banish it If you believe its paranormal. 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why would you think the 'giving people a hard time' must be something permanent in one's nature?

If you take it away, are we still humans?

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

and you might even see that there might have been no need to be so insulting

Never intended to be insulting, but always try to challenge, and lighten the mood, if possible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

If you take it away, are we still humans?

We evolve for the better and may even outgrow our human stage.

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Never intended to be insulting, but always try to challenge, and lighten the mood, if possible.

It is not usually 'to lighten the mood'. It is usually a defense/anger mechanism against other possibly valid views that can't be summarily dismissed. It is correctable and not a necessary part of the human nature.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It is not usually 'to lighten the mood'. It is usually a defense/anger mechanism against other possibly valid views that can't be summarily dismissed. It is correctable and not a necessary part of the human nature.

Have you ever studied nature? I mean really investigated it? The big bang, the cosmos, ΛCDM, nuclear physics, Newton's laws, quantum mechanics.
If you do, it leaves you with a picture of reality, where higher dimensions are not places, and supernatural beings are impossible. The bible and other such writings becomes a joke.
I believe people have the right to believe in those things, because the alternative (banning it) would be horrible. But I don't understand why people would not give real knowledge a chance.
Real knowledge is a free gift to all humanity. If you say no to it, you say no to being taken seriously.

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Have you ever studied nature? I mean really investigated it? The big bang, the cosmos, ΛCDM, nuclear physics, Newton's laws, quantum mechanics.
If you do, it leaves you with a picture of reality, where higher dimensions are not places, and supernatural beings are impossible. 

I and many believers are just as knowledgeable about those things as materialists and see no contradictions between what science knows and our beliefs. Try telling this OP or dozens of other OPs what they are saying is impossible. Listen to dozens and dozens of the stronger cases and nobody can be so sure (if they are really honest with themselves) when they call things impossible.

6 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

The bible and other such writings becomes a joke.
 

Consider the Bible was written for where the writers were at a few thousand years ago. I, for one, am influenced by more modern sources as understanding grows. 

12 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:


I believe people have the right to believe in those things, because the alternative (banning it) would be horrible. But I don't understand why people would not give real knowledge a chance.
Real knowledge is a free gift to all humanity. If you say no to it, you say no to being taken seriously.

There is no one I respect that does not accept real knowledge. But we are saying there is more knowledge out there than we can now reach with the physical senses and instruments. That seems reasonable. Some may perceive beyond the physical senses and tell us more is a reasonable proposition given all the strong cases suggestive of such things I've heard.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I and many believers are just as knowledgeable about those things as materialists and see no contradictions between what science knows and our beliefs.

Really? Explain ΛCDM and tell me how far radio signals from Earth has travelled into space? How many star systems have they reached? What is the physical nature of those signals? And how fast do they travel? Can more than one of these questions be answered with the same answer?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
54 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Really? Explain ΛCDM and tell me how far radio signals from Earth has travelled into space? How many star systems have they reached? What is the physical nature of those signals? And how fast do they travel? Can more than one of these questions be answered with the same answer?

Where did I claim to know everything about science? My point that maybe I didn't word in the best way, is that intelligent modern believers that I respect understand and accept science about as well as non-believers. I am just arguing against your claim that science blows away any possibility that the paranormal is real. 

For me, the evidence for the paranormal trumps theory at this stage of science.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Where did I claim to know everything about science? My point that maybe I didn't word in the best way, is that intelligent modern believers that I respect understand and accept science about as well as non-believers.

It was pretty basic stuff.

Quote

I am just arguing against your claim that science blows away any possibility that the paranormal is real. 

For me, the evidence for the paranormal trumps theory at this stage of science.

Nope. Nada. Njet. Sorry bro.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Posted (edited)

@papageorge1 this is an image of our galaxy. One of two trillion, or 1 2,000,000,000,000 galaxies

20130115_radio_broadcasts.jpg

Click it, to better see the details.

Our radio signals have been traveling for 100 years, creating a 200 lightyear bubble around us, encompassing 15,000 star systems.
Unfortunately they are undetectable by possible aliens by now (and have been for long). The photons they consist of are spread way too thin by now.
As you can see in the picture, the signals have barely left our neighborhood, despite of having travelled 5.87849981 × 10^14 miles.

And you're telling me that all of this huge monster of a universe is really a spiritual exercise, playing out on a tiny speck of dust (that's impossible to find, unless you know where to look)?

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

@papageorge1 this is an image of our galaxy. One of two trillion, or 1 2,000,000,000,000 galaxies

20130115_radio_broadcasts.jpg

Click it, to better see the details.

Our radio signals have been traveling for 100 years, creating a 200 lightyear bubble around us, encompassing 15,000 star systems.
Unfortunately they are undetectable by possible aliens by now (and have been for long). The photons they consist of are spread way too thin by now.
As you can see in the picture, the signals have barely left our neighborhood, despite of having travelled 5.87849981 × 1014 miles.

All things that I have generally heard before and understand.  Anything intelligent enough to respond is also intelligent enough to ask 'how should they interact?'. I believe they have always been interacting as part of a universal community but that's another thread.

23 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

And you're telling me that all of this huge monster of a universe is really a spiritual exercise, playing out on a tiny speck of dust, impossible to find, unless you know where to look?

I would say there are things/life playing out on the various places, planes and dimensions throughout the universe. We are just familiar with our speck.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

s4sofhfzz4nz.jpg.22df69b051eb9cd1b8fa86c90638039b.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And even the astral plane is not a permanent plane but a growing plane like the physical - eventually in most cases there is rebirth/reincarnation.

What happens if mankind dies out, considering man has not always been on this planet, it is possible he will not be here permanently. So what happens to those in the astral plane, how will they reincarnate? 

Does this astral plane continue with no more entrants.

When did humans start going there in the first place? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamesjr191
17 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Most people? As in? 

How very fairytale. 

Nice idea though if one believes in life after death. 

What is this life review and who perforns it?

Im right with freetoroam on this one. Better place? That is fairytale, where do some folks get all these ideas? Even more puzzling is why they believe in them. They cant fix problems in this life but wanna tell you how they know all about the afterlife and how to handle it. Seems so much simple insanity to me. Papa i have no idea with you or your thoughts personally at all, we just see the world differently but i cannot understand what ultimate powers you feel have thrown all this knowledge onto you.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
5 hours ago, freetoroam said:

What happens if mankind dies out, considering man has not always been on this planet, it is possible he will not be here permanently. So what happens to those in the astral plane, how will they reincarnate? 

Does this astral plane continue with no more entrants.

When did humans start going there in the first place? 

Well, humans in our current form had a beginning and I assume will probably have some kind of evolution into what we might call something else. However, your questions imply too much of a human-centric view of the universe. The universe is teeming with life but almost all much different than humans and most not even physical. The universe goes on before and after the current human form.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
4 hours ago, jamesjr191 said:

Im right with freetoroam on this one. Better place? That is fairytale, where do some folks get all these ideas? Even more puzzling is why they believe in them. They cant fix problems in this life but wanna tell you how they know all about the afterlife and how to handle it. Seems so much simple insanity to me. Papa i have no idea with you or your thoughts personally at all, we just see the world differently but i cannot understand what ultimate powers you feel have thrown all this knowledge onto you.

My beliefs come from what the best paranormal evidence and clairvoyant insight has to tell us.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.