Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orb of light in room

UM-Bot

By: ROOSTERX | Location: USA/Texas/Waco

I've never mentioned this story to anyone. I am not a supernatural weirdo, but just wanted to find out if anyone had also ever experienced anything like this. When I was around 10 y/o in 1972, I was laying in my bed in total darkness. (Middle room of the house with no ability for headlights or any other such outside lights or effects.)

More:  https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112387/orb-of-light-in-room

• Like 2

Could have if we wanna get way exotic been a ball lightening plasma phenomenon but ill go with dreaming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 19_Kilo said:

Seriously?

You're asking about something that happened almost 40 years ago?

You were dreaming.

But it was two people. Good reason to say "Yes" to your 'Seriously?' question.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

By: ROOSTERX | Location: USA/Texas/Waco

More:  https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112387/orb-of-light-in-room

@ROOSTERX    From the evidence I have come to believe an orb can be a non-physical energy in a low energy materialization. I think that is most likely what you two saw. Having two witnesses should make you surer of your observation. This is not uncommon in the world of the paranormal. I saw an anomalous orb once in my life too with a witness. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@papageorge1 What does a non physical energy in a low energy materialisation mean? Forgive me for my ignorance dude but I don’t understand that at all lol

But back to the original post,I too witnessed something similar when I was about 21. I was with an ex girlfriend of mine at her house. We were both in her living room just chilling out. Something caught our eyes over the other side of the room. In the corner near her ceiling was a couple of floating bright white orbs. They were calmly floating around in what I would describe as small circles,and then they disappeared into thin air. We both saw this and to this day I’ve never forgot it. It was surreal looking back because neither of us were scared,we were just shocked.

The amazing thing is we both saw them,so they had to be there ..

Edited by Funkadelic

9 hours ago, 19_Kilo said:

Seriously?

You're asking about something that happened almost 40 years ago?

You were dreaming.

@Dejarma  Sounds like you need to be put on Probe-Bation I am going to have to Contact Dejarma.:w00t::lol:

Peace

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Funkadelic said:

@papageorge1 What does a non physical energy in a low energy materialisation mean? Forgive me for my ignorance dude but I don’t understand that at all lol

There are entities/beings in planes of reality beyond the physical. For example an after death human on the astral plane. In their native condition they can not directly interact with the physical plane. But by drawing energy from the physical plane (maybe leaving a cold spot) they can briefly materialize as a ghost (requiring more energy) or even just an orb (requiring less energy).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

There are entities/beings in planes of reality beyond the physical. For example an after death human on the astral plane. In their native condition they can not directly interact with the physical plane. But by drawing energy from the physical plane (maybe leaving a cold spot) they can briefly materialize as a ghost (requiring more energy) or even just an orb (requiring less energy).

Ah okay got you! I think what we saw could have been something to do with members of our family that passed as we both around this time lost people close to us. 

I have never seen/witnessed anything paranormal other than this. But this experience definitely tells me spirits and paranormal things exist:tu:

• Like 2

Science not spirits, many prosaic wonders of the natural world seem like to some can only be explained by paranormal supernatural causes.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 11:40 AM, the13bats said:

Science not spirits, many prosaic wonders of the natural world seem like to some can only be explained by paranormal supernatural causes.

But on the other hand bright floating lights that appear in a room and then vanish can surely equate to something paranormal ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Funkadelic said:

But on the other hand bright floating lights that appear in a room and then vanish can surely equate to something paranormal ;)

Or an optical migraine.  Or a vivid dream that your brain has now put in the "This really happened" folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Funkadelic said:

Nope, not unless you can prove them to be paranormal and not one of many prosaic explanations  ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2020 at 5:01 AM, ChrLzs said:

Or an optical migraine.  Or a vivid dream that your brain has now put in the "This really happened" folder.

:lol: what? If you read my post I said me and another person saw the same thing 

10 minutes ago, Funkadelic said:

:lol: what? If you read my post I said me and another person saw the same thing 

I do not need to amend my posting, as that one is also covered by 'a vivid dream that your brain has now put in the "This really happened" folder'.

Even if that another person were to now sign up and verify your claim, that would also be explainable by empathy.  It's what people do - the stories are harmless, and it's not really 'lying'.  No harm, no foul, and you don't end up offending your friend, by supporting them.

Could also be patronising, but let's not go there.... :D 

Practice firing up your phone camera quickly, so next time you will be prepared.  If this really was a 'thing', surely it would have been captured by somebody by now, either on phone or on security camera.  

On 5/15/2020 at 12:28 AM, ChrLzs said:

I do not need to amend my posting, as that one is also covered by 'a vivid dream that your brain has now put in the "This really happened" folder'.

Even if that another person were to now sign up and verify your claim, that would also be explainable by empathy.  It's what people do - the stories are harmless, and it's not really 'lying'.  No harm, no foul, and you don't end up offending your friend, by supporting them.

Could also be patronising, but let's not go there.... :D 

Practice firing up your phone camera quickly, so next time you will be prepared.  If this really was a 'thing', surely it would have been captured by somebody by now, either on phone or on security camera.  

Dude lol

Trust me I’m not one of these paranormal people who is all spiritual. I have never seen a ghost or had any other experiences before or after this.

This happened in 2006 with an ex girlfriend. I do find it offensive that you think I’m lying but I understand it sounds crazy :tsu: of course you don’t have to believe me,but I have no reason to lie and we both know what we saw

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Funkadelic said:

Dude lol

Trust me I’m not one of these paranormal people who is all spiritual. I have never seen a ghost or had any other experiences before or after this.

This happened in 2006 with an ex girlfriend. I do find it offensive that you think I’m lying but I understand it sounds crazy :tsu: of course you don’t have to believe me,but I have no reason to lie and we both know what we saw

Please do not characterise my approach as calling you a liar.  I did not say that, and even referred to it in my post.  The human mind often changes memories around, and also of course we can misperceive or simply be mistaken - in which case you are not lying.  I've elaborated on this in more detail elsewhere, and frankly I get tired of this "are you callin' me a liar?" technique.   It is oft-used to escape / avoid discussion of memory or perception issues.

Just curious - have you ever had a hyper-realistic dream that you awoke from, and could not initially accept that it was a dream?

Have you ever experienced hallucinations?

What about optical migraines?

Have you ever initially misidentified something?

I've experienced all those things over the 60+ years I've been around.  They've made me a lot wiser.......................  Instead of blindly trusting my own perceptions, I look for evidence/corroboration and then consider all the mundane stuff first.  And if I have stories to tell, I don't expect people to believe me on the basis of an anonymous forum post.  So I apply the same rules to myself that I ask of others.  And adding in a claim of someone else witnessing it, just makes it a slightly cooler story, bro - it really doesn't make a difference, sans evidence.  I'm sorry, but this is how we find the *real* mysteries hereabouts..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Please do not characterise my approach as calling you a liar.  I did not say that, and even referred to it in my post.  The human mind often changes memories around, and also of course we can misperceive or simply be mistaken - in which case you are not lying.  I've elaborated on this in more detail elsewhere, and frankly I get tired of this "are you callin' me a liar?" technique.   It is oft-used to escape / avoid discussion of memory or perception issues.

Just curious - have you ever had a hyper-realistic dream that you awoke from, and could not initially accept that it was a dream?

Have you ever experienced hallucinations?

What about optical migraines?

Have you ever initially misidentified something?

I've experienced all those things over the 60+ years I've been around.  They've made me a lot wiser.......................  Instead of blindly trusting my own perceptions, I look for evidence/corroboration and then consider all the mundane stuff first.  And if I have stories to tell, I don't expect people to believe me on the basis of an anonymous forum post.  So I apply the same rules to myself that I ask of others.  And adding in a claim of someone else witnessing it, just makes it a slightly cooler story, bro - it really doesn't make a difference, sans evidence.  I'm sorry, but this is how we find the *real* mysteries hereabouts..

You said you’re not calling me a liar but then contradict yourself because you deny 2 of us experienced it! It’s not a “claim” it is FACT.

Im a 34 year old man,trust me I have better things to do than make a story up on a forum.

But it’s cool! Maybe one day you will experience the same,I hope you do!

And if you do,I’ll be here waiting :P

Any questions, dear readers?  :) 

And all of us are still waiting for a shred of evidence ,,, from ANYONE, not just you, to come back with a *supported* claim

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Any questions, dear readers?  :) 

And all of us are still waiting for a shred of evidence ,,, from ANYONE, not just you, to come back with a *supported* claim

Why post here if all you want to do is shoot down peoples claims? Surely you have better things to do with your life. We are here sharing our experiences,if you don’t like that then why stick around here? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Funkadelic said:

Why post here ..

Because it's fascinating to watch people falsely state I'm 'shooting down' claims, when I am simply pointing out more mundane possibilities, and also flaws in evidence collection?

Because I like to test my theory that the more desperate a person is to feel special, the more they will get upset at scrutiny of the claim, reject sensible suggestions, and think that memories (and anonymous stories on the Interwebz) are reliable and accurate?

Yep, I think that just about covers it.

Anyways, as far as I am aware it's a free country (and forum) and ALL opinions should be welcomed, and considered.  I see you have rejected all of mine with little debate or discussion, but others may differ.  If I and other skeptical types upset you, then perhaps you should put us on ignore.  And you should probably consider the name of the forum "Unexplained Mysteries" - how do we get to the truly UNexplained ones, unless by carefully considering the claims, and thus getting past all the explainable ones...? 

• Like 2

I've said it before Anything "paranormal" or "unexplainable" that happens in a bedroom is 99%+ sleep related. The OP saw it in a dream state, woke up and got his mother. They both then laid in the bed, fell asleep and because the whole focus was this orb, the mother likely dreamed she saw it.

Now, that's a scenario that could easily happen. However, I am not claiming anything here. I have no idea as this one does have the potential to be more than that. Do I think it's paranormal? No, but I do believe in residual hauntings, which shouldn't even have that word (haunting) attached, since it's just a loop of a past event that runs over and over again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, Funkadelic said:

Why post here if all you want to do is shoot down peoples claims? Surely you have better things to do with your life. We are here sharing our experiences,if you don’t like that then why stick around here? 

Depends on the persona and the claim. 99.999999999999999% of them have reasonable explanations. Some people who post stories actually want help and advice. Others just want an echo chamber.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Depends on the persona and the claim. 99.999999999999999% of them have reasonable explanations. Some people who post stories actually want help and advice. Others just want an echo chamber.

I guess a lot can be put down to being in a sleep state. When I and my ex partner saw these orbs we were just chilling out in her living room. I know what we saw, and ill take it to my grave. I feel lucky now to have seen such a thing. and I hope anyone who doubts orbs are real can witness it fore themselves