Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confusion a form of indifference

trevor borocz johnson

You temporarily are always confused after you respond to something. Confusion can be a pleasant state where you have escaped some unpleasant emotion, or it can be any number of states like when you think of two things at the same time and can't remember one from the other.  Some people enjoy being in a confused state and keeping things that way, your boss, government. They may confuse emtions that don't make any sense to yours or general emotion to the point where it gets buried in reason knots. Some people pride themselves so much in how they stay in a confused indifferent state, they will announce loudly that was the reason they came back for. Some people like scrambling what someone else has said so they stay in a confused state. maybe even a joyful one. Don't forget to be proud of how confused a guy you can be!

sup dog

Confusion is your normal state.

11 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

You temporarily are always confused after you respond to something. Confusion can be a pleasant state where you have escaped some unpleasant emotion, or it can be any number of states like when you think of two things at the same time and can't remember one from the other.  Some people enjoy being in a confused state and keeping things that way, your boss, government. They may confuse emtions that don't make any sense to yours or general emotion to the point where it gets buried in reason knots. Some people pride themselves so much in how they stay in a confused indifferent state, they will announce loudly that was the reason they came back for. Some people like scrambling what someone else has said so they stay in a confused state. maybe even a joyful one. Don't forget to be proud of how confused a guy you can be!

I find this confusing.

13 hours ago, 19_Kilo said:

So This is your way of not answering a single  one of my 6 questions? By smugly claiming I'm confused through no fault of your own?

Lame, Trevor. And lazy. And such tactics don't lend you any much needed cred.

Cheers!

You should not take personal anything on the internet.  Trevor is struggling and anything you take personal is yours, not his.

I'm certainly confused by this post lol

16 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

My response to confusion is that it makes life hell.  For example, if one is in a state of permanent confusion, then one consequence/implication is an inability to think straight.  Not being able to think straight is frightening.  Confusion creates fear.  Confusion is not, nor ever can be, "joyful".   For example, would you really want your doctor, your children's teacher, your accountant, your car mechanic, your local politician etc, etc, to be in a state of confusion or to deliberately practice confusing you?  Speaking personally, I'd much rather be walking on solid ground than be sinking into a quicksand of confusion! 

Edited by littlebrowndragon

1 hour ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Confusion is not, nor ever can be, "joyful".   For example, would you really want your doctor, your children's teacher, your accountant, your car mechanic, your local politician etc, etc, to be in a state of confusion or to deliberately practice confusing you?  Speaking personally, I'd much rather be walking on solid ground than be sinking into a quicksand of confusion! 

yeah but there is a power to confusion that people regularly use to maintain a stress balance. When one thought is too emotional and is stressful upon your mind you may cancel out the former with sommething stupid you know is confusing sometimes as an anecdote but sometimes just to put less importance on the first emotional thought. Someimtes they cancel out perfectly and you just walk around in a confused state of 'oh well whatever' which is sort of joyful.

I lost a second phone today and am trapped in a confused state like you said. I don't think you can be like that over being a doctor or mechanic.

29 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

yeah but there is a power to confusion that people regularly use to maintain a stress balance. When one thought is too emotional and is stressful upon your mind you may cancel out the former with sommething stupid you know is confusing sometimes as an anecdote but sometimes just to put less importance on the first emotional thought. Someimtes they cancel out perfectly and you just walk around in a confused state of 'oh well whatever' which is sort of joyful.

When you describe how people create confusion to "maintain a stress balance", do you mean that they do it to cause stress in other people?  If so, then I certainly recognise that behaviour in many people that I have encountered, including family members.  

However, I don't know what you mean when you say that you use confusion to cancel out other emotions.  You mention it resulting in a state of "oh well whatever".  That sounds to me a bit like shrugging off some strong emotion with an "I don't care" attitude.  (That is a technique that I often  use on myself.)  So is the "oh well whatever" you talk about a bit like "I don't care"?  Or do you think the two are different?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

I lost a second phone today and am trapped in a confused state like you said. I don't think you can be like that over being a doctor or mechanic.

When a person is confused they might panic, fumble for words, be curious as to the answer of whatever situation they are in. Lost would be a good word to describe it. A "whatever attitude" isn't the same a confusion. It basically means they either don't have an answer, don't question, or simply do not care. 

• Like 1

Confusion occurrs naturally with the five main emotions between people who all have different motives. A few people may confuse that something dirty was said between you and a girl you like and start laughing at making fun, You might move in the chance as a male feeling like she said something naughty, then a coupleseconds later when you realized it was something else the girl's opinion changes to a definite no and yours is a yeah but I'm still me attitutde.

There are mountains and mole hills, and I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill with this.

Indiffernt/happy confusion- how much of a 'wha?' state you can stay in long

fear confusion- worried about something you lost and confused where it is

Anger confusion- upset that your old and yell when confused about what is said

Love confusion- mistaking what wa said and embarrassing yourself

sad confusion- when a loved one dies

sometimes if you hang out with some guy at an underground music venue who looks like a guy you think is him from when you were a kid, for long enough, the confusion bursts out as a sorta of weird indifference that you're hanging out with some other dude. It can bottle up a long time before this happens.

Edited by trevor borocz johnson

3 hours ago, littlebrowndragon said:

When you describe how people create confusion to "maintain a stress balance", do you mean that they do it to cause stress in other people?  If so, then I certainly recognise that behaviour in many people that I have encountered, including family members.  

However, I don't know what you mean when you say that you use confusion to cancel out other emotions.  You mention it resulting in a state of "oh well whatever".  That sounds to me a bit like shrugging off some strong emotion with an "I don't care" attitude.  (That is a technique that I often  use on myself.)  So is the "oh well whatever" you talk about a bit like "I don't care"?  Or do you think the two are different?

The value and the importance of the confusion say you walked into someone's wrong house one time and a couple were on the couch who jumped up, you may look back at that confusion and still care about it for a while because of the amount of embarrassment that the confusion has caused. But otherwise I would agree that caring or importance to yourself the confusion is. Initially what I was saying is causing the confusion puts you at an advantage to lead people around while they are confused and you aren't. That's why I mentioned politicians using confusion and your boss as well tieing you up in reason knots.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

When a person is confused they might panic, fumble for words, be curious as to the answer of whatever situation they are in. Lost would be a good word to describe it. A "whatever attitude" isn't the same a confusion. It basically means they either don't have an answer, don't question, or simply do not care. 

I agree. but looking for answers means you are confused so having many questions in life whether it be who was in that car to what was that I thought a voice said in the dark alone. People are always thinking because they are confused and don't understand something even in deep states.  It's like a definition of mind something that works on a state of confusion. So some people may enjoy imagining things to anser confusion. That's why there answers are sometimes confusing.

17 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Would you provide some background with respect to these pictures?  I take it you made them.  (I like them, by the way.)  The images, do they represent the emotions listed beneath them?

5 minutes ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Would you provide some background with respect to these pictures?  I take it you made them.  (I like them, by the way.)  The images, do they represent the emotions listed beneath them?

Yeah you gotta follow them around from where you're attention grabs you then read the code at the bottom. Sometimes, maybe about 5% of my paintings, I take a stab at adding a second element other then the emotional opinion circuitry code. Stuff like race, gender, the senses, family members, embarassment, confusion,  ice cream flavors, just about anything, and then make the painting. I do occasionally pull useful information out of paintings I make this way but because I use a subconscious style of painting where I paint first and watch what comes out instead of drawing a plant or something, I only rarely make the science inventive paintings. I just look for cool images and use that emotional code I came up with sort of existed alrready, I came up with it about 14 years ago and forgot about it untli recently. When I first started making the painting's I thought I was talking to a set of these paintings that has existed in the mind for infinniti because they came out so well in such a easy imrov way of painting. 

Thank you.  I really like that you use a subconscious style of painting.

embarassment is a fearful form of love I think. It's probably more common to cover up an embarassing thought with a second that is a confusion or anectdote. When we seek love or to be loved through conversation it comes out of the heart and then is affected by other people's varying interets and first impressions and then is reflected back into the heart as embarrassment. I wonder if everything that's is embarrassing is an attack on love or to be loved, a very degrading feeling so almost a sad love. having your clothes rip off is embarassing and that's sort of love.