Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unbelievable speeds

thedutchiedutch

A 19-year-old man has been charged with street racing after the Mercedes he was driving was clocked doing 308 km/h on an Ontario highway.

"This is the fastest speed that I've ever heard of," said Sgt. Kerry Schmidt in a video posted to Twitter.

The veteran Ontario Provincial Police officer said he was "pretty much speechless" when he heard how fast the car was going before police managed to pull it over on the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW)  in Burlington, Ont., around 10 p.m. Saturday.

"This could have turned into the most devastating, fatal crash ever."

Link to Full Article and Source : https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/qew-stunt-driving-1.5563678

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Those vehicles were built for the Autobahn, I guess.  What an idiot to be trying to top out on a U.S. highway.  I got into an altercation a couple of years ago with the same kind of teen idiot.  I was walking a dark country road a mile or so from my home and saw this kid turn off his lights and run a stop sign at high speed.  When I turned on my flashlight, he actually pulled over and ran his mouth at me for being unsafe.  He knew he'd been seen and I think it pizzed him off.  I told him if I heard of a fatal crash at that intersection in the future, I'd be reporting a description of his vehicle, UNLESS those killed were in MY family.  Then I told him I'd handle that privately. He looked at me like I'd lost my mind and smirked as he was leaving but I know he saw my sidearm and I've never seen him since.  

It isn't a crime to be young and stupid but it IS a crime to harm others while you do it.

• Like 2

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/world/ontario-canada-speeding-trnd/index.html

(CNNWith fewer drivers on the road during the coronavirus pandemic, police in the Toronto region have charged at least 150 people with street racing or stunt racing -- including a 19-year-old driving 191 mph.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

what prize dick,i know from back in the day you only gotta lack concentration for a second at speed and your gone luckily mine was a track day crash and only doin about 80mph but even so it was bloody scary. 

• Thanks 1

Even in a car like that made for those speeds had he hit something, it would have been a shovel it up idea.

I was about 19 and got stupid in a 454 vette i had, about 2am weeknight so dead out on a patch of road between sanford and the beach,

I took off to see how fast the car would go, on old bias ply blem 70 tires, lol,

I hit about 100 when i felt a draft and at about 110 saw the draft in the rearview mirror and slowed down quickly to avoid a real mess, seems i didnt have the hardtop bolted down to the rear deck, it was just latched up front and at the speeds with Windows up the top was lifting...