Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

Obamagate important or another diversion

Whats more important  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. What will influence the election most

    • Parties actions / inactions from the beginning of the Pandemic up until the Election
      8
    • Parties political diversions that are designed to hide their action / inactions up until the Election
      10


294 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)

It is interesting that Obamagate is coming out now, I am aware that new information has come to light. But should this issue  take time away from more important issues concerning the Pandemic. Over the last month the current administration has used many tactics to make Americans look in other directs when topics concerning the Administrations actions during this Pandemic became an issue. These actions are coming from Both the Democratic and Republican Parties, along with the President and the Secretary of Sate. To me since there is no statue of limitations on the current issue concerning General Flynn's case it may be better if the President just pardons him so we can get back to more important issues at hand ( Pandemic ) . They can always bring Obamagate back to life in the future when other issues are not luming over our heads. Please add your thoughts on this subject. I understand that an election is coming in November, but what's more important getting the economy running again and saving peoples lives or taking up time with Political issues to attempt to deflect responsibility away for their actions during the Pandemic. I think no matter what they all try to do, their actions during the Pandemic will have a greater effect on how people vote in November.

You decide and give your thoughts on what is more important.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please answer the poll

???

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

???

Thanks for looking out, I changed that comment, sorry for the confusion.

Peace

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please add your thoughts on this subject.

I'm not much for discussing politics. It brings out the worst in people. But I can add some comments about observations.

Trump is a born elitist. Top 1%. He has never tried to hide his self fondness. Normal people call that megalomania.
From his perspective, this "little crisis" is not going to come in the way of his reelection. He lacks the capacity to empathize. For him it's 'win at all costs'.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm not much for discussing politics. It brings out the worst in people. But I can add some comments about observations.

Trump is a born elitist. Top 1%. He has never tried to hide his self fondness. Normal people call that megalomania.
From his perspective, this "little crisis" is not going to come in the way of his reelection. He lacks the capacity to empathize. For him it's 'win at all costs'.

To be fair, but at the same time being wary of being accused of defending Trump, whom I am not a fan of, most past POTUS's and even senators could arguably fit into that same description: runaway egotists who will do or say anything to win. The Clinton's were notorious in the latter department.  Their favorite tactic was polling and then slanting their upcoming press conferences or in Bill's case,  State of Union addresses, to pacify and agree with the poll results. Also, every POTUS since FDR, with the exception of Truman, was a millionaire prior to taking office.

And yes, that includes Obama, who was much more of a corporate shill from his Chicago days than many realize. Thus, his "man of the people" rep always handed me a laugh. He was in reality as elitest as they come.

All Trump's unsavory personality traits can be found in abundance on both sides of the aisle.

As for the OP poll, I refrained from voting, since I believe both choices will effect voters.

Peace.

Edited by 19_Kilo
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm not much for discussing politics. It brings out the worst in people. But I can add some comments about observations.

Trump is a born elitist. Top 1%. He has never tried to hide his self fondness. Normal people call that megalomania.
From his perspective, this "little crisis" is not going to come in the way of his reelection. He lacks the capacity to empathize. For him it's 'win at all costs'.

That's also my take on the situation, but I think that actions speak louder than words when it comes to the Pandemic and I don't believe in the end that trying to divert attention away from their inactions is going to work long are. I believe that this Pandemic will have more effect on how Americans vote than any diversion these people can attempt to use to hide their responsibilities.

Oh and by the way, I did add a poll please vote.

Peace

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

To be fair, but at the same time being wary of being accused of defending Trump, whom I am not a fan of, most past POTUS's and even senators could arguably fit into that same description: runaway egotists who will do or say anything to win. The Clinton's were notorious in the latter department.  Their favorite tactic was polling and then slanting their upcoming press conferences or in Bill's case,  State of Union addresses, to pacify and agree with the poll results. Also, every POTUS since FDR, with the exception of Truman, was a millionaire prior to taking office.

And yes, that includes Obama, who was much more of a corporate shill from his Chicago days than many realize. Thus, his "man of the people" rep always handed me a laugh. He was in reality as elitest as they come.

All Trump's unsavory personality traits can be found in abundance on both sides of the aisle.

Peace.

I agree with you, and I think you made some very good points, please vote in the poll.

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree with you, and I think you made some very good points, please vote in the poll.

Peace

It's really tough to vote, since the second option is actually some of the tactics used when orchestration the first option. LOL 

Politics. What a cesspool of duplicity and dishonesty it can be. To quote Ronald Reagan....

 

"It's occurred to me that the world's second oldest profession (politics) often bears a striking resemblance to it's first."

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Oh and by the way, I did add a poll please vote.

I voted diversion, because I learned from the 2016 election, that the Americans are suckers for those things. Unfortunately.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

I voted diversion, because I learned from the 2016 election, that the American are suckers for those things. Unfortunately.

I agree and that scares me.

Peace

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

As with all things political, it is as important as it is to the people whom it is important to. The Wuhan Panic is a two-edged sword; the response is what it is, uncomfortable and financially distressing and debilitating. A minority of people are directly impacted by the disease, while the vast majority are impacted indirectly.  The majority of people want things back to normal. The overwhelming price will be paid by those they perceive delaying it, especially for political reasons. I find your poll questions far too leading to answer.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
27 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

To be fair, but at the same time being wary of being accused of defending Trump, whom I am not a fan of, most past POTUS's and even senators could arguably fit into that same description: runaway egotists who will do or say anything to win. The Clinton's were notorious in the latter department.  Their favorite tactic was polling and then slanting their upcoming press conferences or in Bill's case,  State of Union addresses, to pacify and agree with the poll results. Also, every POTUS since FDR, with the exception of Truman, was a millionaire prior to taking office.

And yes, that includes Obama, who was much more of a corporate shill from his Chicago days than many realize. Thus, his "man of the people" rep always handed me a laugh. He was in reality as elitest as they come.

All Trump's unsavory personality traits can be found in abundance on both sides of the aisle.

I think you are right. You have to be a bit of a psychopath, with chainsaws on the elbows, to become the POTUS.
The difference between Trump and his predecessors, as I see it, is that they were excellent at hiding their inner beasts. Trump is not. He's more a sociopath.
The distinction between the two is their ability to hide their ugly sides. The psychopaths excel at it, sociopaths suck at it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The overwhelming price will be paid by those they perceive delaying it, especially for political reasons.

Agreed.  The evidence should be made available.  Most Americans can walk and chew bubblegum simultaneously and they can decide what information is valid and what isn't.  I predict something on the order of a collective primal scream from the 5th column in the coming days and weeks.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
2 minutes ago, and then said:

Agreed.  The evidence should be made available.  Most Americans can walk and chew bubblegum simultaneously and they can decide what information is valid and what isn't.  I predict something on the order of a collective primal scream from the 5th column in the coming days and weeks.  

That Fifth column is fraying and splitting around the edges. Most won't let their personal politics get in the way if they smell blood in the water. The Prince of Peace is losing his Teflon coating and things long hidden are exposed, squirming, to the light of day. Fortune passes, everywhere.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That Fifth column is fraying and splitting around the edges. Most won't let their personal politics get in the way if they smell blood in the water. The Prince of Peace is losing his Teflon coating and things long hidden are exposed, squirming, to the light of day. Fortune passes, everywhere.

What are you? Nostra-hammerclaw?

I can do better

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go,
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.
Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing to the morning light.
The dark Lord rides in force tonight, and time will tell us all.
Oh, throw down your plow and hoe, rest not to lock your homes.
Side by side we wait the might, of the darkest of them all.

:D

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I think you are right. You have to be a bit of a psychopath, with chainsaws on the elbows, to become the POTUS.
The difference between Trump and his predecessors, as I see it, is that they were excellent at hiding their inner beasts. Trump is not. He's more a sociopath.
The distinction between the two is their ability to hide their ugly sides. The psychopaths excel at it, sociopaths suck at it.

Not to nitpick, but I think you mixed up the terms sociopaths and psychopath.

Although the two are sometimes used synonymously,  most psychologists and psychiatrists describe socios as being much more in touch with reality with the ability to excel sometimes in the corporate and political world. Even in the military. They're just sublime manipulators who don't really feel empathy but are often good at pretending they do.

They know the difference between right and wrong. But they simply feel they're above the rules.

Psychopaths live in fantasy. And often have no concept of right and wrong. Sociopaths build castles in the sky. Psychopaths live in them.

OJ Simpson = sociopath.

Ed Gein, Richard Ramirez (Night Stalker) = psychopaths.

Just my two cents.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Sociopath_Next_Door.html?id=K9Xl3M-PpZIC&source=kp_book_description

Edited by 19_Kilo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

You know, sometimes things are true, no matter how much you hate to admit it.  The next few weeks/months may well be like that for you.  That laugh emoji may get a workout but it isn't going to change a single fact that comes to light.  Updates to follow in this space ;) 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That Fifth column is fraying and splitting around the edges. Most won't let their personal politics get in the way if they smell blood in the water. The Prince of Peace is losing his Teflon coating and things long hidden are exposed, squirming, to the light of day. Fortune passes, everywhere.

Isn't the press and media the 4th Column? Or the 4th Estate?

Whats the 5th?

Edited by 19_Kilo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
8 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Whats the 5th?

Quote

A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_column

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
16 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Not to nitpick, but I think you mixed up the terms sociopaths and psychopath.

Although the two are sometimes used synonymously,  most psychologists and psychiatrists describe socios as being much more in touch with reality with the ability to excel sometimes in the corporate and political world. Even in the military. They're just sublime manipulators who don't really feel empathy but are often good at pretending they do.

They know the difference between right and wrong. But they simply feel they're above the rules.

Psychopaths live in fantasy. And often have no concept of right and wrong. Sociopaths build castles in the sky. Psychopaths live in them.

OJ Simpson = sociopath.

Ed Gein, Richard Ramirez (Night Stalker) = psychopaths.

Just my two cents.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Sociopath_Next_Door.html?id=K9Xl3M-PpZIC&source=kp_book_description

Quote

Psychopaths tend to be more manipulative, can be seen by others as more charming, lead a semblance of a normal life, and minimize risk in criminal activities. Sociopaths tend to be more erratic, rage-prone, and unable to lead as much of a normal life.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/differences-between-a-psychopath-vs-sociopath/

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Man I must be out of the loop.

what is Obamagate?

There needs to be a third option for those who have no clue what that is.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
10 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

 

Did you read my link?

As I said, the terms overlap. And for every one you find for your preference I can also counter....https://www.agnesian.com/blog/how-recognize-sociopath

Seems to me the prefix "socio" alludes to socially manipulative behavior and not "psycho" full on Looney tunes. LOL.  But use it the way you wish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varelse

How about a third option: No Effect. We know who this is coming from. Obamagate is as dead as Birthergate. We're ready for someone honest who'd rather work than play golf or tweet all day. No one really cares who (kinda scary) as long as he and his brood is no longer the laughing stock of every global conference taking place since 2016. So please, just get this national ebarrassment out of the White House this Nov. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Man I must be out of the loop.

what is Obamagate?

There needs to be a third option for those who have no clue what that is.

Agreed. The term is new to me too. But then again I've deliberately avoided TV for the past month,  except for binge watching a few old series on Netflix like West Wing and Lillyhammer. LOL 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19_Kilo
1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I voted diversion, because I learned from the 2016 election, that the Americans are suckers for those things. Unfortunately.

Diversionary tactics among the candidates had less to do with our 2016 presidential election and its outcome than did the fact the Dems once again could find nobody better than an empty pantsuit who really didn't want to win that bad anyway, and a strong demographic of moderates and conservative voters who were sick to death of the ever-burgeoning Nanny State and the absurd PC obsession that comes with it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.