Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obamagate important or another diversion

Grim Reaper 6

Whats more important  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What will influence the election most

• Parties actions / inactions from the beginning of the Pandemic up until the Election
    • Parties political diversions that are designed to hide their action / inactions up until the Election

It is interesting that Obamagate is coming out now, I am aware that new information has come to light. But should this issue  take time away from more important issues concerning the Pandemic. Over the last month the current administration has used many tactics to make Americans look in other directs when topics concerning the Administrations actions during this Pandemic became an issue. These actions are coming from Both the Democratic and Republican Parties, along with the President and the Secretary of Sate. To me since there is no statue of limitations on the current issue concerning General Flynn's case it may be better if the President just pardons him so we can get back to more important issues at hand ( Pandemic ) . They can always bring Obamagate back to life in the future when other issues are not luming over our heads. Please add your thoughts on this subject. I understand that an election is coming in November, but what's more important getting the economy running again and saving peoples lives or taking up time with Political issues to attempt to deflect responsibility away for their actions during the Pandemic. I think no matter what they all try to do, their actions during the Pandemic will have a greater effect on how people vote in November.

You decide and give your thoughts on what is more important.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please answer the poll

???

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

???

Thanks for looking out, I changed that comment, sorry for the confusion.

Peace

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please add your thoughts on this subject.

I'm not much for discussing politics. It brings out the worst in people. But I can add some comments about observations.

Trump is a born elitist. Top 1%. He has never tried to hide his self fondness. Normal people call that megalomania.
From his perspective, this "little crisis" is not going to come in the way of his reelection. He lacks the capacity to empathize. For him it's 'win at all costs'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm not much for discussing politics. It brings out the worst in people. But I can add some comments about observations.

Trump is a born elitist. Top 1%. He has never tried to hide his self fondness. Normal people call that megalomania.
From his perspective, this "little crisis" is not going to come in the way of his reelection. He lacks the capacity to empathize. For him it's 'win at all costs'.

That's also my take on the situation, but I think that actions speak louder than words when it comes to the Pandemic and I don't believe in the end that trying to divert attention away from their inactions is going to work long are. I believe that this Pandemic will have more effect on how Americans vote than any diversion these people can attempt to use to hide their responsibilities.

Oh and by the way, I did add a poll please vote.

Peace

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

To be fair, but at the same time being wary of being accused of defending Trump, whom I am not a fan of, most past POTUS's and even senators could arguably fit into that same description: runaway egotists who will do or say anything to win. The Clinton's were notorious in the latter department.  Their favorite tactic was polling and then slanting their upcoming press conferences or in Bill's case,  State of Union addresses, to pacify and agree with the poll results. Also, every POTUS since FDR, with the exception of Truman, was a millionaire prior to taking office.

And yes, that includes Obama, who was much more of a corporate shill from his Chicago days than many realize. Thus, his "man of the people" rep always handed me a laugh. He was in reality as elitest as they come.

All Trump's unsavory personality traits can be found in abundance on both sides of the aisle.

Peace.

I agree with you, and I think you made some very good points, please vote in the poll.

Peace

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Oh and by the way, I did add a poll please vote.

I voted diversion, because I learned from the 2016 election, that the Americans are suckers for those things. Unfortunately.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

I voted diversion, because I learned from the 2016 election, that the American are suckers for those things. Unfortunately.

I agree and that scares me.

Peace

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

As with all things political, it is as important as it is to the people whom it is important to. The Wuhan Panic is a two-edged sword; the response is what it is, uncomfortable and financially distressing and debilitating. A minority of people are directly impacted by the disease, while the vast majority are impacted indirectly.  The majority of people want things back to normal. The overwhelming price will be paid by those they perceive delaying it, especially for political reasons. I find your poll questions far too leading to answer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

To be fair, but at the same time being wary of being accused of defending Trump, whom I am not a fan of, most past POTUS's and even senators could arguably fit into that same description: runaway egotists who will do or say anything to win. The Clinton's were notorious in the latter department.  Their favorite tactic was polling and then slanting their upcoming press conferences or in Bill's case,  State of Union addresses, to pacify and agree with the poll results. Also, every POTUS since FDR, with the exception of Truman, was a millionaire prior to taking office.

And yes, that includes Obama, who was much more of a corporate shill from his Chicago days than many realize. Thus, his "man of the people" rep always handed me a laugh. He was in reality as elitest as they come.

All Trump's unsavory personality traits can be found in abundance on both sides of the aisle.

I think you are right. You have to be a bit of a psychopath, with chainsaws on the elbows, to become the POTUS.
The difference between Trump and his predecessors, as I see it, is that they were excellent at hiding their inner beasts. Trump is not. He's more a sociopath.
The distinction between the two is their ability to hide their ugly sides. The psychopaths excel at it, sociopaths suck at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The overwhelming price will be paid by those they perceive delaying it, especially for political reasons.

Agreed.  The evidence should be made available.  Most Americans can walk and chew bubblegum simultaneously and they can decide what information is valid and what isn't.  I predict something on the order of a collective primal scream from the 5th column in the coming days and weeks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Agreed.  The evidence should be made available.  Most Americans can walk and chew bubblegum simultaneously and they can decide what information is valid and what isn't.  I predict something on the order of a collective primal scream from the 5th column in the coming days and weeks.  

That Fifth column is fraying and splitting around the edges. Most won't let their personal politics get in the way if they smell blood in the water. The Prince of Peace is losing his Teflon coating and things long hidden are exposed, squirming, to the light of day. Fortune passes, everywhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That Fifth column is fraying and splitting around the edges. Most won't let their personal politics get in the way if they smell blood in the water. The Prince of Peace is losing his Teflon coating and things long hidden are exposed, squirming, to the light of day. Fortune passes, everywhere.

What are you? Nostra-hammerclaw?

I can do better

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go,
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.
Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing to the morning light.
The dark Lord rides in force tonight, and time will tell us all.
Oh, throw down your plow and hoe, rest not to lock your homes.
Side by side we wait the might, of the darkest of them all.

:D

• Like 4

You know, sometimes things are true, no matter how much you hate to admit it.  The next few weeks/months may well be like that for you.  That laugh emoji may get a workout but it isn't going to change a single fact that comes to light.  Updates to follow in this space ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Whats the 5th?

A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_column

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Not to nitpick, but I think you mixed up the terms sociopaths and psychopath.

Although the two are sometimes used synonymously,  most psychologists and psychiatrists describe socios as being much more in touch with reality with the ability to excel sometimes in the corporate and political world. Even in the military. They're just sublime manipulators who don't really feel empathy but are often good at pretending they do.

They know the difference between right and wrong. But they simply feel they're above the rules.

Psychopaths live in fantasy. And often have no concept of right and wrong. Sociopaths build castles in the sky. Psychopaths live in them.

OJ Simpson = sociopath.

Ed Gein, Richard Ramirez (Night Stalker) = psychopaths.

Just my two cents.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Sociopath_Next_Door.html?id=K9Xl3M-PpZIC&source=kp_book_description

Psychopaths tend to be more manipulative, can be seen by others as more charming, lead a semblance of a normal life, and minimize risk in criminal activities. Sociopaths tend to be more erratic, rage-prone, and unable to lead as much of a normal life.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/differences-between-a-psychopath-vs-sociopath/

• Like 2

Man I must be out of the loop.

what is Obamagate?

There needs to be a third option for those who have no clue what that is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How about a third option: No Effect. We know who this is coming from. Obamagate is as dead as Birthergate. We're ready for someone honest who'd rather work than play golf or tweet all day. No one really cares who (kinda scary) as long as he and his brood is no longer the laughing stock of every global conference taking place since 2016. So please, just get this national ebarrassment out of the White House this Nov. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You decide and give your thoughts on what is more important.

I have decided that most of you people give way to much of your time and brain power to the Main Stream Media.  What I think is more important than ever at this stage of the game is to turn off your TV sets and your radios and STOP being programmed by the 'talking heads'.  

I'm not playing the media game anymore.  I don't care who says what about whatever...it doesn't matter.  Nothing they say matters.  If you or anyone else really thinks it does...then they have gotten inside your head.

We all have one vote.  Most are sheep and they will just baaaa along what ever trail they are already on and will lap up whichever side of the media makes sense to them...baaaa, lap, lap, lap, baaaaa....

The reality is we each have one vote and that is ALL the power we have in Washington...call up your Congressmen/women and rant...and let your feelings be known...whoop de dooo...you have no power to change anything.  So why should we care what they blather on about 24/7/365.   Those of us who know, knew early on the Bamster was a fake from the word go.  What difference did it make? None.  It's a non-story, so I could care less.  The Junior Senator who never had a real job in his life is living in a multi-million dollar mansion in Martha's Vineyard.  I could care less.  Trump will be re-elected and that's all there is to it.  The Democrats have Uncle Joe the molester.  Get over it.

Edited by joc
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

What are you? Nostra-hammerclaw?

I can do better

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go,
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.
Oh, dance in the dark of night, sing to the morning light.
The dark Lord rides in force tonight, and time will tell us all.
Oh, throw down your plow and hoe, rest not to lock your homes.
Side by side we wait the might, of the darkest of them all.

:D

Looks like a quote to me. Not exactly bettering my original words, so only worthy of a quote back.

“I cannot forget Carcosa where black stars hang in the heavens; where the shadows of men's thoughts lengthen in the afternoon, when the twin suns sink into the lake of Hali; and my mind will bear for ever the memory of the Pallid Mask. I pray God will curse the writer, as the writer has cursed the world with this beautiful, stupendous creation, terrible in its simplicity, irresistible in its truth—a world which now trembles before the King in Yellow.”
Robert W. Chambers, The King in Yellow

48 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Isn't the press and media the 4th Column? Or the 4th Estate?

Whats the 5th?

Partisan irregulars.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, and then said:

You know, sometimes things are true, no matter how much you hate to admit it.  The next few weeks/months may well be like that for you.  That laugh emoji may get a workout but it isn't going to change a single fact that comes to light.  Updates to follow in this space ;) 

Your definition of facts is much different than the vast majority. Ì always look forward to your updates. They're very....interesting.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Agreed. As I just said in another post, I've refused to watch TV for the past month. Luckily I've still been working during the day, and at night I've been cruising Netflix or reading or here or practicing my sax.

I've long had a strong aversion to daytime TV.  I like to say it's God's way of telling the viewers they need to get a life. So I made sure I kept this aversion going strong during this Covid BS.

Believe or not, I was once an insatiable news and politics junkie. Bush the Younger stealing the election with the help of his Daddy's juice and the Supreme Court put an end to that. Two years later when I went to Iraq, my initial opinions about the lies and manipulation that are force fed the Sheeple by the American government and media were cemented forever in my psyche as being not only worse than I thought, but more pernicious and harmful too.

Life's too frikking short, amigo.

Peace.

I don't really know how long I've been without Television blaring their Bleh into my home.  Maybe ten years?  Recently though...around the first of March I blew out my radio in my truck...I haven't missed it at all.  I already know what I think.  If I get to the point where I don't know what to think about something...I can always ask @Piney.   I don't need the TV or radio to tell me what I need to think about...or what's going on in the world.  I already know...and I have no effect on any of it...so...yeah!

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group from within, usually in favor of an enemy group or nation. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine

The NRA? Evangelicals? 

• Haha 2

Just now, joc said:

I don't really know how long I've been without Television blaring their Bleh into my home.  Maybe ten years?  Recently though...around the first of March I blew out my radio in my truck...I haven't missed it at all.  I already know what I think.  If I get to the point where I don't know what to think about something...I can always ask @Piney.   I don't need the TV or radio to tell me what I need to think about...or what's going on in the world.  I already know...and I have no effect on any of it...so...yeah!

:huh:

Democraps, Repooplicans..... they're all lying turds.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2