Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Dustyrose33

La Mancha Negra

19_Kilo
Posted (edited)

The goo is simply a petroleum product and that is found, not coincidentally, in regions above underground geologic fault lines. So this goo is originally crude oil deposits that percolate up in the seams between tectonic plates. The heat from this process and from the hot surface temps evaporate the lighter and less viscous elements of the oil, leaving the heavier components behind, making for the goo-like consistency.

We saw stuff like this in Iraq.  My Abrams almost got stuck in a huge pool of it outside Tikrit once. They call it "rune-rune" over there...But I'm almost sure that's not the correct spelling. LOL 

Peace.

Edited by 19_Kilo
  • Like 4

Dustyrose33
5 hours ago, 19_Kilo said:

The goo is simply a petroleum product and that is found, not coincidentally, in regions above underground geologic fault lines. So this goo is originally crude oil deposits that percolate up in the seams between tectonic plates. The heat from this process and from the hot surface temps evaporate the lighter and less viscous elements of the oil, leaving the heavier components behind, making for the goo-like consistency.

We saw stuff like this in Iraq.  My Abrams almost got stuck in a huge pool of it outside Tikrit once. They call it "rune-rune" over there...But I'm almost sure that's not the correct spelling. LOL 

Peace.n Antonio,

I see you post you're in Texas.   What part?  I'm originally from San Antonio, but my heart belongs to the Texas Hill Country.

• Like 1

19_Kilo
1 hour ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I see you post you're in Texas.   What part?  I'm originally from San Antonio, but my heart belongs to the Texas Hill Country.

I'm in Austin..The Onion Creek area which is far south Austin. Last exit on I-35 before hitting Kyle and Wimberly. And yeah, the Hill Country is my favorite part of Texas too. Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Johnson City, Lampasas, Marble Falls, Boerne, Gruene, etc. I'd move there in a heartbeat but the job market isn't great. In Austin unemployment is virtually nill.  And as you know most of those places are retirement meccas.

Always liked SA. Spent many a night drinkin 'ritas and eating good Mexican food on the River Walk.

Cheers!

• Like 1