Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A new approach to pyramid construction.

No I haven't studied this topic through any formal means or has my opinion been influenced by any person or thing that claims superiority over what I think because they have. 

I'm not trying to prove any facts nor am I attempting to disprove others. 

It is the result of my own thinking that I find myself sharing with those interested in reading, and my own thinking alone.

Our own opinion, I believe, we are all entitled to and I am applying mine to what is, after all, a mystery.

Isn't it? I mean, nobody really knows is what I've found anywhere I've looked, so there should be room for any idea, no matter how bizarre and unlikely it may be, to be heard.

I do not believe however, that what I think is along any such line of bizarre or unlikely, actually, I like to think firmly within the confines of logical, what's more likely and realistic.

I'm not saying extraterrestrial beings did not visit earth with their rock melting technology that we couldn't duplicate the work of today with what we have, but I am saying they didn't build any of the stone structures we see left storyless and lonely around various locations everywhere.

We did. Human beings. People with arms and legs and a good eye with a keen interest in solving problems. People just like you and me.

People with the same attributes including our moods, artistic abilities, skill sets,  ability to handle and make tools and...smile.

An important reason for establishing this post is that, IF, in the future,  those responsible for being able to grow the balls to drill into the pyramid where the large cavity was detected with muons and they discover what I believe Is there, then I want there to be a record of it somewhere to prove that that I thought of it before anyone else. You know, just in case I'm right.

And I'll end this post with this but certainly not this thread.

The large cavity they discovered over the Kings Chamber in Khufus magnificent stone structure, is a vug.

There, that ought raise a few questions of its own.

• Like 1

@Geomy so you think a large portion of the internal structure is solid rock with a natural cavity?

• Like 1

There's no evidence of a solid core to the pyramid extending so high, only at the base, so it won't be a vug. I don't see a reason they would leave a large void with no purpose, so either whatever the void is serves or served a purpose either just by being, like the shafts, or it contains something. I don't go with it being a "relieving chamber" for the Grand Gallery as that is corbelled and does not need  a further structure above it to take the strain, and the sloped roof of the Queens Chamber does not need a relieving chamber either. The Kings Chamber needed relieving chambers as it has a flat roof that would not hold the weight above it on it's own.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Geomy said:

The large cavity they discovered over the Kings Chamber in Khufus magnificent stone structure, is a vug.

Nope. You are continuing with your wholly misguided conception that large lithic structures are the result of engraving existing massifs, etc. As you have acknowledged, you have not actually studied the readily available and voluminous research. You may wish to consider engaging yourself in said research rather than continuing to make a fool of yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

@Geomy so you think a large portion of the internal structure is solid rock with a natural cavity?

Yes Timothy I do. I think the structures were carved down from native stone masses with the blocks cut close to where they lie to facilitate the perfecting of the geometric shape desired.

28 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

There's no evidence of a solid core to the pyramid extending so high, only at the base, so it won't be a vug. I don't see a reason they would leave a large void with no purpose, so either whatever the void is serves or served a purpose either just by being, like the shafts, or it contains something. I don't go with it being a "relieving chamber" for the Grand Gallery as that is corbelled and does not need  a further structure above it to take the strain, and the sloped roof of the Queens Chamber does not need a relieving chamber either. The Kings Chamber needed relieving chambers as it has a flat roof that would not hold the weight above it on it's own.

Not if it too was carved from a vug.

25 minutes ago, Swede said:

Nope. You are continuing with your wholly misguided conception that large lithic structures are the result of engraving existing massifs, etc. As you have acknowledged, you have not actually studied the readily available and voluminous research. You may wish to consider engaging yourself in said research rather than continuing to make a fool of yourself.

I've read enough Swede. And the reason you find my thinking as misguided or foolish is because your narrow minded outlook  holds your mind squarely on what you've been told by someone you think is smarter than yourself and denies you insight into  other ways of looking at things. But you seem smart enough. There's still hope .

Oh, and this voluminous material. I don't see anywhere the mention of a vug or not, in fact, isn't the interior of the thing unknown?  Shouldn't that leave room for a possibility. 

I think all these fancy named Egyprtologists and ilk are so spellbound by the chance of hidden treasure they have overlooked what's more likely. Gold gold. And that's another thing I'm gettin to..

And I have questions too. Maybe you can answer some of them.

Edited by Geomy
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Geomy said:

Not if it too was carved from a vug.

Where is the evidence that G1 is built around a solid core extending at least as high as the top of the relieving chambers. Do you have any evidence to put forward other than an opinion, for instance a geological survey of Giza that indicates the presence of a masif right where G1 is, and does not extend to, say, G2...

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Geomy said:

Yes Timothy I do. I think the structures were carved down from native stone masses with the blocks cut close to where they lie to facilitate the perfecting of the geometric shape desired.

I get that putting your name on an idea is appealing, but chucking crap at a fan and hoping for diamonds is probably not the best way to go about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Geomy said:

I've read enough Swede. And the reason you find my thinking as misguided or foolish is because your narrow minded outlook  holds your mind squarely on what you've been told by someone you think is smarter than yourself and denies you insight into  other ways of looking at things. But you seem smart enough. There's still hope .

Oh, and this voluminous material. I don't see anywhere the mention of a vug or not, in fact, isn't the interior of the thing unknown?  Shouldn't that leave room for a possibility. 

I think all these fancy named Egyprtologists and ilk are so spellbound by the chance of hidden treasure they have overlooked what's more likely. Gold gold. And that's another thing I'm gettin to..

And I have questions too. Maybe you can answer some of them.

1) Apparently not. How well versed are you on Lehner, Arnold, etc?

2) Have you actually exerted the effort to determine the dimensions of your "vug"? If so, kindly provide.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There isn’t one, because I’d know, but Vug sounds a lot like a c-grade alien race in Doctor Who, like the people from Clom. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Boy do I feel dumb.   I don't even know what a vug is.

• Like 3

Well, I am sure with you as far as humans building it.  Good start.

Is this another, you don't need to pay attention to experts because science is just an opinion thread?

American culture seems to be drowning in that attitude lately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

American culture seems to be drowning in that attitude lately.

Freedom to be stupid shall not be impinged. ^_^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, lightly said:

a cavity in rock, lined with mineral crystals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

There isn’t one, because I’d know, but Vug sounds a lot like a c-grade alien race in Doctor Who, like the people from Clom. 

—Jaylemurph 

More like folks from Hitch hikers guide ...

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

More like folks from Hitch hikers guide ...

There’s a difference these days? There wasn’t in 1978...

—Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lightly said:

Don’t worry, I had to Google it!

I don’t think it’s general knowledge. :huh:

Happy for the topically educated in here to advise if it was indeed dumb not to have known the meaning!? :su

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, lightly said:

It's the same as a henway.

Harte

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I almost asked ! !   :lol:

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 5

Hey come on folks, we all know that Tractators were the alien race that really built the pyramids. All the evidence can be found in the relevant Doctor Who episodes. They even had gravity control to use in the construction process, not to mention that they had magnificent tunnelling techniques.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dynamo X said:

Hey come on folks, we all know that Tractators were the alien race that really built the pyramids. All the evidence can be found in the relevant Doctor Who episodes. They even had gravity control to use in the construction process, not to mention that they had magnificent tunnelling techniques.

As far as unspeakable heresies go, Tractators are a good one. 

Still punishable by ear-pummeling to death, though, but amusing. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

As far as unspeakable heresies go, Tractators are a good one. 

Still punishable by ear-pummeling to death, though, but amusing. 

—Jaylemurph 

It's a good thing that I have a natural immunity to the ear-pummelling techniques tried by many on me as I was fortunate enough to be born without ears.  The downside is that the wearing of glasses becomes a bit of a b*****.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dynamo X said:

It's a good thing that I have a natural immunity to the ear-pummelling techniques tried by many on me as I was fortunate enough to be born without ears.  The downside is that the wearing of glasses becomes a bit of a b*****.

It’s not /your/ ears being pummeled. /Their/ ears pummel you.

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2