Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Revisited: mystery of the A3 'ghost crash'

UM-Bot

If i saw a car accident i'd be stopping to maybe help not carry on and then call the cops, still a strange story. Been other cases of these so called recordings. 

Edited by Passing through

Wonder if the deceased driver was ready to be found and communicated with the living driver?? The 'unfound' dead driver may also have been not at peace.

5 months????

Admittedly, that's both gross and weird.

Why didn't the person help to see if the driver was OK

13 minutes ago, MissJatti said:

Why didn't the person help to see if the driver was OK

Maybe they stumbled upon the car, didn’t want to get in trouble because there was a dead body inside, then drove past later on and reported it. 

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/nostalgia/a3-ghost-crash-its-been-14013235

A member of the public reported seeing a car lose control and leave the A3 around 100 metres before the emergency slip road at Burpham.

Also other articles say headlights were seen to veer off the road, suggesting the witnessing vehicle was heading northbound. Maybe they just mistook a vehicle taking the off ramp to Burpham as a car losing control and veering off the road?

Or maybe a vehicle did lose control at the time but regained control before running off the road?

Looking at the slip lane, it could be easy to mistake it as a car losing control and leaving the road.

BF73CD6F-956C-441D-91F8-E73706E9E940.jpeg

What made the tragic discovery all the stranger however was the fact that the car and the victim had seemingly been lying there undiscovered for over five months.

The deceased turned out to be a man wanted for a robbery that had taken place in July of that year.

So if the crash had occurred five months before, how did the witness see the car leaving the road ?

Could they have witnessed a ghostly replay of the accident ?

5 months is too long, the only thing I can think of why it took them so long is because they did stop and found something  in  the car worth stealing and months later they reported it because they travelled that road and knew the car was still in the ditch , possibly went to see it. Maybe guilt made them phone the police eventually, they did not think the police would trace anything missing to them.

Edited by freetoroam

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

5 months is too long, the only thing I can think of why it took them so long is because they did stop and found something  in  the car worth stealing and months later they reported it because they travelled that road and knew the car was still in the ditch , possibly went to see it. Maybe guilt made them phone the police eventually, they did not think the police would trace anything missing to them.

That could have happened too, someone working the fields may have done the same as well. 

If it was southbound in a ditch, it would have been close to paddocks.

412F3942-E2EE-4E97-A751-22A792570ECA.jpeg

I would investigate the reporter. Was there money in the car? Probably no because he took em. Felt some guilt to report it...