Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life 'Wile E. Coyote' chasing Roadrunner

jethrofloyd

Man captures video of real-life ‘Wile E. Coyote’ chasing roadrunner

https://www.foxla.com/news/i-cant-believe-it-man-captures-video-of-real-life-wile-e-coyote-chasing-roadrunner

A classic '“Looney Tunes” scene has seemingly come to life after a university professor in Tucson, Arizona captured video of a coyote actually chasing a roadrunner. There is literally a coyote chasing a roadrunner,” Bogan is heard saying in the video. “I can't believe it. That is a straight up cartoon.”

And just like in the cartoon, the real-life roadrunner escapes without a scratch. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Man captures video of real-life ‘Wile E. Coyote’ chasing roadrunner

https://www.foxla.com/news/i-cant-believe-it-man-captures-video-of-real-life-wile-e-coyote-chasing-roadrunner

A classic '“Looney Tunes” scene has seemingly come to life after a university professor in Tucson, Arizona captured video of a coyote actually chasing a roadrunner. There is literally a coyote chasing a roadrunner,” Bogan is heard saying in the video. “I can't believe it. That is a straight up cartoon.”

And just like in the cartoon, the real-life roadrunner escapes without a scratch. :lol:

Where do you think the cartoon came from.  Real life happened first. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's not directly inspired by the real life: "The characters were created by animation director Chuck Jones who based the Coyote on Mark Twain's book Roughing It, in which Twain described the coyote as "a long, slim, sick and sorry-looking skeleton". He is always hungry."

3 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

It's not directly inspired by the real life: "The characters were created by animation director Chuck Jones who based the Coyote on Mark Twain's book Roughing It, in which Twain described the coyote as "a long, slim, sick and sorry-looking skeleton". He is always hungry."

Right, but anyone who grew up in the desert knows that coyotes do chase and sometimes catch and eat road runners.

• Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, but just because something CAN happen naturally does not mean that it has actually been observed or heard about by a specific person who wrote a story about it. Imagine a parallel universe or another populated planet where the very first instance of a coyote chasing a road runner is yet to occur because although it could have happened it just hasn't happened yet. Someone sees a coyote chase a rabbit, another day they see a fox chasing a coyote. It does not take a huge amount of imagination to dream up a story of a coyote chasing a road runner. It is entirely possible to make that story up regardless of whether such an event has ever actually taken place OR NOT.

Your saying it had to happen first in order for it to be woven into a story is like saying Star Trek events had to happen in real life first before someone could make it into a story. You seem to forget about the power of human imagination. No. It did not have to happen first. As a matter of fact, unless you have documentation or some kind of evidence, you have no basis to be 100% it happened in real life first. You are GUESSING it has, simply because "it must've happened". You don't REALLY know if it had.

• Like 1

My cat chased a road runner once. The bird didn't run away, and scared my cat back inside instead. They're vicious little dinosaurs, lol.

DSC00032 (2).jpg

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rolci said:

Yes, but just because something CAN happen naturally does not mean that it has actually been observed or heard about by a specific person who wrote a story about it. Imagine a parallel universe or another populated planet where the very first instance of a coyote chasing a road runner is yet to occur because although it could have happened it just hasn't happened yet. Someone sees a coyote chase a rabbit, another day they see a fox chasing a coyote. It does not take a huge amount of imagination to dream up a story of a coyote chasing a road runner. It is entirely possible to make that story up regardless of whether such an event has ever actually taken place OR NOT.

Your saying it had to happen first in order for it to be woven into a story is like saying Star Trek events had to happen in real life first before someone could make it into a story. You seem to forget about the power of human imagination. No. It did not have to happen first. As a matter of fact, unless you have documentation or some kind of evidence, you have no basis to be 100% it happened in real life first. You are GUESSING it has, simply because "it must've happened". You don't REALLY know if it had.

No!  What I was saying is it is crazy that the video is news and compared to a cartoon.  It has happened, that is why the cartoonist chose a road runner instead of a rabbit.  And it is very possible that the cartoonist witnessed that at one time if he is from California.  Why are you so concerned about this?

And I am not saying I did not enjoy the video, my comment was on the title and commentary.

Edited by Desertrat56

36 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why are you so concerned about this?

Some people just want to argue.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

...it is very possible that the cartoonist witnessed that at one time if he is from California.

It is much, much more possible that the cartoonist witnessed no such thing. Statistically speaking, how many people in 100 randonly chosen Californians would you say have witnessed a coyote chasing a road runner? More than 50? I would venture to say less than 10. I see where you're TRYING to come from. If indeed more than 50% of people witnessed such, then indeed it would probably not make it into the news. Where I'm from we have swallows sitting on electricity cables. More than 50% of our people have easily seen them. Which is why I've never seen a news article about swallows sitting on cables. It's no news.

• Haha 1

I live in New Mexico. It’s the state bird. And if you’re  Lucky enough to have a Roadrunner take up around your house , you’ll have no diamondback problems. They will kill snakes. They’re very territorial and entertaining too.

10 hours ago, Rolci said:

It is much, much more possible that the cartoonist witnessed no such thing. Statistically speaking, how many people in 100 randonly chosen Californians would you say have witnessed a coyote chasing a road runner? More than 50? I would venture to say less than 10. I see where you're TRYING to come from. If indeed more than 50% of people witnessed such, then indeed it would probably not make it into the news. Where I'm from we have swallows sitting on electricity cables. More than 50% of our people have easily seen them. Which is why I've never seen a news article about swallows sitting on cables. It's no news.

Maybe you have never been to any desert in the SW U.S. or seen a real coyote and maybe you don't realize how long ago that cartoon was created.  I have seen coyotes chase all kinds of things and I know parts of California are similar to where I grew up.  Again, Why DO You Want to argue about something so stupid? 

And maybe those cartoon birds sitting on cables were Not swallows.  I have seen tons of sparrows and crows sit on cables, so if you have not seen something then it could Never Happen?

Edited by Desertrat56

Did the coyote construct an elaborate means of catching the roadrunner using items purchased from Acme?   

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Essan said:

Did the coyote construct an elaborate means of catching the roadrunner using items purchased from Acme?   

Exactly what I was thinking -- I was hoping to see some Acme rockets and jet packs, or, at the very least, some pulleys and boulders.