Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heros Act Passes House

spartan max2

I honestly have been planning to vote Democrat this election because Trump has been corrupt but then I see Democrats trying to do crazy stuff like this.

Now obviously I'm not against everything in this.

However, the stuff I bolded is madness. Stop printing money. I would have to pay for all this eventually with taxes or inflation while I work and literally see people relaxing getting paid more not to work. 

1) Extending that additional 600 on top of the unemployment benefit for another 6 months destroys our economy. People are getting paid more to not work then to work, why the hell would you work when you make more not working? Places reopening wouldl have trouble getting any employees until January 2021 which would ripple kill us.

2) Printing trillions to give every another 1.2k it utterly useless. If you really want to do that then at least only give it to people who need it. I'm working full time, I would rather you don't print money out to give to me so that we can avoid the inflation or tax.

3) I do not want to pay for peoples mortgages and rent. That is not fair by any means. Heaven forbid trying to buy a house right now, I guess I will just pay the morgages of people that are making more not working until January….

People who support this stuff, why? Honeslty why? do you not see how this hurts all of us in the long run? Is this only to get votes? 

At least I can be comforted knowing this will never pass the Senate. 

Among the measure’s more prominent elements:

• $200 billion for a “Heroes fund” that would provide “hazard pay” to essential employees such as front-line health care workers.
  • $75 billion to beef up testing and contact tracing.
  • A second round of economic impact payments of $1,200 per family member, up to $6,000 per household.
  • $10 billion for emergency grants to small businesses through the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program.
  • COBRA subsidies to workers who have lost their health insurance because they’ve been laid off. It also creates a special enrollment period in the Affordable Care Act exchanges for the uninsured.
  • Extension of weekly $600 federal unemployment payments through January.
  • $175 billion to help renters and homeowners make monthly rent, mortgage and utility payments and other housing-related cost.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/15/coronavirus-stimulus-bill-houses-3-trillion-bill-opposed-gop/5195061002/

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

do you not see how this hurts all of us in the long run?

Seriously?  Did you really believe this isn't about buying votes and knowing who their constituency is?  The R's aren't much better but even those who realize it's madness also know that if they vote against it they'll be demonized.  Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell are walking into this with eyes wide open and if they manage to collapse the economy they'll have more blood on their hands than the worst virus denier.  This is going to end badly.

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

At least I can be comforted knowing this will never pass the Senate. 

Well, at least not in its current form.  The Rs will not hold the line completely because they'll pay at the polls and they know it.

1 hour ago, and then said:

Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell are walking into this with eyes wide open and if they manage to collapse the economy they'll have more blood on their hands than the worst virus denier.  This is going to end badly.

Probably. They are taking a gamble just like the President is doing to open the economy.  Since we are a consumer driven society, the greatest impact of a dollar on our economy might be to give it to a poor person rather  than a rich one.  I plunked the first one onto my wife's cancer test.  It was nice, but we could have done without.  If there is a second one, I might spend it on a better table saw to make more furniture and marketable projects.  

Either way, the bills will come due. 

I know your view is that they are only looking at votes. Maybe some of them just see the humans out there struggling.  

• Thanks 3

Sems to be a moot point don brayed that it was DOA,

But he did make sure he put his name on the last  batch of  checks   so yeah, all about buying votes.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

know your view is that they are only looking at votes. Maybe some of them just see the humans out there struggling.  

Ha yea very doubtful. Nothing the Dems do come without ulterior motives. If it passes great. Then they can claim to be everyone's caretaker while wrecking Trump's economy and blame it on him. If it doesn't pass, which is what they're really betting on, they can call Trump and Republicans heartless for taking away money from everybody. 

What's the rush anyhow? They just spent 2 trillion last month. I agree with Steve Minuchin (*sp?) on this. Let's at least wait to see how that all plays out and extending this extra $600/week til January is insanity. It's wrecking the workforce and will wreck it way harder the longer it goes on. 

Trump supporters talking about caring. How funny. The PugNuts want another no strings attached corp tax cut.  how did that last one work out for ya?  When we get a real president again, we can start holding the putin lovers accountable.  

Edited by micahc

25 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Ha yea very doubtful. Nothing the Dems do come without ulterior motives. If it passes great. Then they can claim to be everyone's caretaker while wrecking Trump's economy and blame it on him. If it doesn't pass, which is what they're really betting on, they can call Trump and Republicans heartless for taking away money from everybody. 

What's the rush anyhow? They just spent 2 trillion last month. I agree with Steve Minuchin (*sp?) on this. Let's at least wait to see how that all plays out and extending this extra $600/week til January is insanity. It's wrecking the workforce and will wreck it way harder the longer it goes on. 

We are formed by our pasts but hopefully not chained to them.  I understand your cynicism.  I have it too.  I see it on both sides.  My past tells me that Republicans are toadies to their major contributors and donors, just as most Democrats are.   My take is that Republicans want to concentrate the wealth into the top .1% of people and have the rest us us serve international corporations on the private plantation that once used to be our country.

Yeah, considering the deficit went up a couple of trillion before the virus, this is huge.

Mnuchen and his buddies got the first dip out of the punch bowl and not it is about empty. 

Well, it would have been better if we had not started down this road.  As it is we just gave another big chunk of money away to the elites. and now we have run out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

People who support this stuff, why?

I should clarify that I was actually trying to ask about the above quote to those who are in support of what I listed. Because to me I honestly feel like these things will hurt us in the long run.

So for those who feel different, I'm curious of your viewpoint. 

I know my OP comes off as frustrated. 

Edited by spartan max2