Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love Spells - Santeria

honeysmiles1

Hi everyone, just joined the group. I paid a Santero to do love work on my ex fiancee because we broke up due to arguing over petty stuff. We spent 3 weeks with no contact & out of nowhere he contacted me. I thought everything was great up until the 3rd day. Then bam, everything went downhill. He's been super jealous lately. The Santero witch told me she still is not done with the work & that she has to do 4 different ones. To just give it time & be calm. My question is, based on your experience with spells. Would you say this is normal thing to happen? Gets good, then bad, then good again until they eventually stay?

• Sad 1

In regards to spells. Those are basically just dressed up affirmations. They may or may not shift your personal reality tunnel a certain way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Move on. You don’t need this person in your life. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

BUT! My one experience with a Santera (female Santeria practitioner) was quite amazing and was enough to make me believe something is going on there with their spells. The religion originated from West Africa, and since that region is very near the Birthplace of Humanity, maybe they're on to something in Santeria. Deep spiritual roots? An ancient method found to contact or tap into Universal Mind? Who knows? But the results she gave me defy rational explanation. And calling the results a coincidence as skeptics likely would is really stretching credibility too.

I think this paragraph whets my appetite to hear more. It also raises a persistent theme I've encountered. We are so tempted in this age of so-called scientific rationalism to believe all these so many paranormal/psychic sounding things are just old wives tales and silly superstition. And then again and again credible modern people tell us experiences that just do not fit into our rational scientific understanding of the universe. I have to believe science is a long way from the full picture.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, honeysmiles1 said:

I paid a Santero to do love work

Would you say this is normal thing to happen?

Being ripped off,  not normal, but certainly does happen.

You need to take control of your own life, especially if you feel.you are ready to have a relationship with another person.

You can not have a healthy relationship with someone if you are putting your trust in a Santero to guide your life. 

Does your ex know you have paid someone?

Does your ex know you are not able to deal with the relationship on your own?

3 hours ago, honeysmiles1 said:

He's been super jealous lately

Of whom, the santero maybe? Maybe she is not jealous, but frustrated by this santero thing. 

Can you explain what makes you think she is jealous? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Being ripped off,  not normal, but certainly does happen.

You need to take control of your own life, especially if you feel.you are ready to have a relationship with another person.

You can not have a healthy relationship with someone if you are putting your trust in a Santero to guide your life. 

Does your ex know you have paid someone?

Does your ex know you are not able to deal with the relationship on your own?

Of whom, the santero maybe? Maybe she is not jealous, but frustrated by this santero thing. 

Can you explain what makes you think she is jealous? 

I put she, it was suppose to be 'he'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

I put she, it was suppose to be 'he'. 

It's finally gotten to you, hasn't it? :unsure2:

Edited by Piney
She drank the Kool-Aid
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, honeysmiles1 said:

Hi everyone, just joined the group. I paid a Santero to do love work on my ex fiancee because we broke up due to arguing over petty stuff. We spent 3 weeks with no contact & out of nowhere he contacted me. I thought everything was great up until the 3rd day. Then bam, everything went downhill. He's been super jealous lately. The Santero witch told me she still is not done with the work & that she has to do 4 different ones. To just give it time & be calm. My question is, based on your experience with spells. Would you say this is normal thing to happen? Gets good, then bad, then good again until they eventually stay?

SO, you would rather have someone else put a "spell" on your ex-fiance to MAKE him do something or be something that he does NOT want to do.  That is evil, and stupid, because it will never work out.  You ex-fiance will resent you even if he can't pin point why.  Now that being said ONLY because you believe the santero has abilities.  SO, think about this.  Something else is going on with your ex and the preson you paid is lying.  Get your money back and walk away.

If you can't be straight forward with your ex then you don't deserve any attention he gives you.  Face to face talk to him about your problems and work it out or let it go.  It is stupid to ask someone to intervene in something that is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!  YES,  I am shouting.

This is no better than someone doing a black magic prayer to their deity to make their loved one (supposed loved one because forcing someone is not Love) to "come to Jesus".

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

"Hocus pocus is a bogus focus,"

I worked at a Santeria botanica and the "witch" was a good friend,

it was cool time in my life DJ at a little goth club at night and worked at a magic shop in the day, a shop near a highschool when "the craft" came out,

I cant count how many love spells we sold, fact is most Santeria spells are love or money, go figure,

And no spells, baths, incense brews or reading there were cheap,

If the spell worked my friend was hailed and all were happy if the spell failed  then the person got blamed didnt do it right, didnt have faith, but pay more $$$ and we will keep at it.

Same with the phychic palm readers that were on almost every other corner in the 80s, all offered cheap or free starter reading 99.9% told the person a tale of the dark cloud of doom and gloom over them and how a number of visits all with a nice high price tag would fix it if not the person would never be happy.

As far as a love spell you cant make a person love you they either will or they wont and why would a person want this forced on someone, it would be false,

It sucks to loose a love, my mom pined away for my dad over 40 years, never went on a date loved him the day she died,  we either waste part of our lives as my mom did or we let a wound become a scar and keep living.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to UM Honeysmiles1.

Have you considered the moral implications of enforcing your will on others.  Does that not open the door to friends and strangers enforcing their will on you? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Welcome to UM Honeysmiles1.

Have you considered the moral implications of enforcing your will on others.  Does that not open the door to friends and strangers enforcing their will on you? 

You said it much more simply and clearly than I did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would seriously reconsider if he's someone u want to spend the rest of ur life with. Or at least set a late engagement, test the waters. Especially if he's super jealous. Be very cautious about allowing some witchdoctor (you're paying) dictate the terms of relationship. If possible, consult with family or close friends..that's free. Furthermore, I doubt we can force others to love us, (at least long term) wouldnt life be simple?

• Like 2

taking away soneone’s Freedom of Choice is, I do believe, a crime. It’s on par with those pricks who take away telephone and credit cards, it’s mystical gaslighting and you should be ashamed of yourself for perpetuating something like that. You have victimised your former fiancé.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, honeysmiles1 said:

I doubt that you will see this response, since you seem to be a "hit & run, one & done" type of poster, but here is my opinion.

1 - you are a gullible fool and the "santeria witch" is stealing your money.

2 - Assuming for the moment that love spells/potions/incantations actually work, then from a moral and legal standpoint, you are committing rape. YOU are letting YOUR desires override the free will and choices of another human being. 

• Like 3

On 5/16/2020 at 7:31 PM, honeysmiles1 said:

My question is, based on your experience with spells. Would you say this is normal thing to happen?

yep normal

• Haha 2

We have pandits where I am from, they just money grabbers, with same level of talent to manipulate people into believing that they can help, when you start answering the pandits questions your trapped.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

mmn! We will probably never know, but i wonder if it eventually 'worked"  Been 3 months now.

Ps i agree with some other posters. IF such spells work then they are morally wrong.

Just as wrong as praying for another person without their knowledge and informed consent.  Your desires and needs may not be theirs.