Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Raptor Witness

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)

We're off to the races with the formation of Arthur, which is not expected to be a big deal, wind-wise, but could become a bigger deal, rainfall-wise, somewhere. The forecast models are currently mixed as to what this system will do, and where it will end up.

49905482868_d40f590e7c_c.jpg

Animated Loop

Edited by Raptor Witness

RoofGardener

So we don't know where it will go, or how strong it will become ? 

< munches crisps > 

Let us know when the information firms up ? 

• Like 3

and then
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

So we don't know where it will go, or how strong it will become ? 

< munches crisps > 

Let us know when the information firms up ? 

Never fear, he'll paint a picture that can be interpreted a million different ways and tell you why he's so divinely inspired later...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)

Latest, as Arthur waves goodbye ....

Tropical Storm Arthur

Animated Version

Edited by Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)

I have seen glimpses of a terrible wind, somewhere on earth, unlike any that I’ve ever observed, which leaves very little in its wake, but I have not received a hurricane forecast, so far, this year.

I’m not even sure it was a hurricane that I saw, because it was so devastating. I saw a place where the wind had leveled everything in it’s path, above a few inches in height, as far as the eye could see.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

kel_kel

raptor witness, where?? 

• Like 1

the13bats
11 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I have seen glimpses of a terrible wind, somewhere on earth, unlike any that I’ve ever observed, which leaves very little in its wake, but I have not received a hurricane forecast, so far, this year.

I’m not even sure it was a hurricane that I saw, because it was so devastating. I saw a place where the wind had leveled everything in it’s path, above a few inches in height, as far as the eye could see.

Trump rally?

• Like 1

the13bats

I just hope our leaky roof makes it thru this season.

Raptor Witness
9 hours ago, kel_kel said:

raptor witness, where?? 

I’m not sure, the only clue was some sort of small, red object, that I saw in the green, wind swept grass; which could refer back to an earlier, non-weather forecast about a “glistening, ruby colored candy.”

So this may not be weather related, at all, but the continued effects of the Covid-19 storm, which is destroying something in a different way.

• Confused 1

Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)

That Was Fast: Tropical Storm Bertha Develops and Makes Landfall Over South Carolina 

ir-bertha-1612Z-5_27_20.jpg.d96cc6add44939d0857ac0bf7073dcce.jpg

Weather Underground 5-27-2020

Bertha was upgraded by the NOAA/NWS National Hurricane Center directly from invest to named-storm status at 8:30 am EDT Wednesday, and it made landfall around 9:30 am EDT near Mount Pleasant, NC, just northeast of Charleston. Maximum sustained winds were estimated to be 50 mph at landfall and were kept at that range with the 11 am EDT advisory, when Bertha’s small center was located about 15 miles inland, just west of Georgetown.

A couple of videos of Hot Towers developing, just as Tropical Storm Bertha came home to South Carolina

#1   https://twitter.com/pppapin/status/1265628375332184071?s=20

#2  https://twitter.com/AndyHazelton/status/1265604217311551489?s=20

Edited by Raptor Witness

the13bats

I really dont want any hits so ill grab me a sharpie and a map and make that darn storm go where i want it to....

Raptor Witness

Take it away Levi Cowan ...

This could end up being a flood event for the Mississippi River Valley, given the expected track, which is essentially straight north, into Canada. Calculators are whizzing, as to the total amount of the deluge.