Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season

Raptor Witness

A direct hurricane strike on Houston, right now would help accelerate the coronavirus. It’s a potential worst case scenario, coupled with this virus.

“The Earth is putting on her armor, and her sword reaches to the sun.”  - https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/298194-2016-atlantic-hurricane-season/?do=findComment&comment=5929551

https://flic.kr/p/z6AZRf

Laura - Beginnings of an inner core

Source

It’s just barely visible but it looks like we have the beginnings of an inner core, which should result in an eye wall, with Laura.

Every hour that the basic machinery of a hurricane is in place, increases the chances of a Cat 4-5 system.

Comparing this to the best example I’ve ever seen of rapid intensification in the Gulf of Mexico, which was Katrina, I’m not very impressed. The key difference being a super intense, almost fluid-type symmetry. 

It’s still could happen, but first the machinery needs to be in place and it’s not yet.

Hurricane Michael is another good example in the Gulf of Mexico. We don’t have the symmetry we did with Katrina but we definitely see the eventual formation of this almost liquid-type of eruption, once the mechanics are in place.

Laura is easily breathing out of all four corners, which is rare in the Gulf of Mexico.

She is also now very symmetrical, which sets the stage for the next phase ..... a curious, liquid-type of intensification.

Laura - Current

Watching The Weather Channel dramatize baby Laura, reminds me of watching a certain horror flick.

Rick Knabb can hyperventilate on command ...  

Rosemary’s Baby Scene - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary%27s_Baby_(film)

Source 

Baby Laura

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

Now it might be reasonable for The Weather Channel folks to hyperventilate a little.

Laura a Cat 4

I don’t know if there’s time for an eye replacement cycle before landfall, and if the eye contracts just a little bit, we will be looking at another crushing cat 5.

I wonder what the record is for U.S. landfalling CAT 5 hurricanes in a single term presidency? 

Laura

Laura Landfall ... 

Watching The Weather Channel Crew tonight is like watching Jonah inside the whale. They can’t seem to find the eye, inside the beast, and are too afraid to crawl outside its mouth to look for it.

Jim Cantore is priceless, as always.

Laura Landfall Laura Landfall Radar

• 2 weeks later...

Hurricane Sally’s baby, dancing with South Florida now.

Hurricane Sally

Source

Sally looks to become an atmospheric washing machine, of sorts, downwind of Mother’s furnace in the western U.S.

Hurricane Sally

Source

But first, I wonder if She is setting the table for a gumbo appetizer in the streets of New Orleans.

All that Destiny..... manifested into an endless series of natural disasters.

Map of Lake Pontchartrain - Source- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4223426.stm

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

Higgins Storm Chasers in Australia have made their 2020\2021 cyclone season prediction - 15 of them.

• Like 1

According to Levi’s forecast last night, Sally’s vertical alignment this early on Sunday is very bad news for U.S.

The upper level low over South Carolina has completely backed off, and is no longer shearing baby Sally. As a result, we’re now seeing what looks like rapid intensification way earlier than the major models forecasted yesterday.

Source

Hurricane Sally

Sally’s starting to look a lot like Harvey, and Florence, with this dreadful stall routine. I got 3’ of water inside my residence from Florence, so I remember it well.

My suspicion is, the atmospheric models don’t take into account all the extra cloud condensation nuclei from the unusual number of active wildfires in the western U.S.

Thus, Sally will mark the rare collision between two fires, smoke from these record U.S. forest fires, with an atmospheric fire on the ocean.

Source

Microwave Imagery of Sally - http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mimtc/2020_19L/web/basicGifDisplay.html Sally Forecast

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

It looks like Sally may have just inhaled some of that marijuana smoke, growing in those Western National Forests.

Two more days before landfall? Two more days of rapid intensification?

The convection already has that curios flowing liquid look, and she’s still just a baby.

This is just 30 minutes of growth tonight.... with all 4 quadrants feathering out.

Sally Burst .... Sally 30 Mins. Of Growth

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

Sally .... Eye Forming, and an interesting and sudden change in the direction and speed with the 1 AM advisory. Last report at 11 PM said WNW at 8 mph. So the European Model appears to be winning the race tonight.

Sally New Eye Sally Sudden Change in Speed and Direction - https://www.nhc.noaa.gov

Source

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Sally .... Eye Forming, and an interesting and sudden change in the direction and speed with the 1 AM advisory. Last report at 11 PM said WNW at 8 mph. So the European Model appears to be winning the race tonight.

I was just thinking about that the other day as I watched the weather channel. Who had the more accurate model the US or Europeans?

Looking at last year’s forecast, the European model did do better, especially when we were one to two days out from the storm. That’s according to the National Hurricane Center forecast verification report. 

According to the Washington Post, it's because the European model is considered computationally more powerful. That’s thanks to raw super computer power and the math behind the model.

https://www.khou.com/article/weather/american-versus-european-weather-model/285-801286a0-a7a5-4044-a24c-86b3b0166e09

• Thanks 1

Paulette is hitting Bermuda now and then will head back into the Atlantic.

cone graphic

• Thanks 1

Hurricane Sally 100 mph Hurricane Sally IR

Sally is looking a bit like an alien baby tonight ..... 

It looks like she just got a big shot of smoke from the fires out West.

Sally is ingesting quite a bit of dryer air off the continent tonight, and has weakened a little, down to a 90 mph system. Pressure remains at 986, and movement is West at 3 mph.

She is still feeding as far south as the northern Caribbean, so it’s not over yet.