Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Matt Le Tissier voted greatest PL player

jethrofloyd

Eurosport

Shock result: Matt Le Tissier voted greatest Premier League player off all time

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2019-2020/shock-result-matt-le-tissier-voted-greatest-premier-league-player_sto7751399/story.shtml

In one of the best underdog stories of modern times, Matt Le Tissier has seen off a host of Premier League greats to win the prestigious Eurosport Cup.Our readers flocked to back the Southampton legend, who saw off Thierry Henry in the final to be crowned the greatest Premier League player ever.

When the vote was concluded at 13:30 on Sunday May 17, Le Tissier had secured 60% of the 21,042 votes cast – a monumental triumph given he was almost cut from the initial 32-player shortlist.

Surprising survey outcome ....:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, very surprising. Especially given some of the names he was up against. I would've had my money on Cantona but I'm kinda glad with the outcome.

3 minutes ago, 19_Kilo said:

Nah, shoulda been Dennis Bergkamp.

Of course, as an Arsenal fan I might be a wee bit biased.

Well there's something you don't see every day. Someone with a Scottish twang, living in America, voting for a Dutchman that played for an English team. :D

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Well there's something you don't see every day. Someone with a Scottish twang, living in America, voting for a Dutchman that played for an English team. :D

Your avatar is a winking Northerner holding a lamb.......:unsure2:

• Haha 1

John Barnes syndrome strikes again... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1