Unexplained-Mysteries.com uses cookies. By using this site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.

I Accept

Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Nick Pope on government secrecy and UFOs

Piney

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nick_Pope

I love seeing him misportrayed on Ancient Aliens as somebody of former importance. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the13bats

Yeah,most times pope keeps himself very composed and can give the illusion hes in the know, but once a person listens to what hes saying hes just another,

THECONFESSIONALS1.JPG.jpg.07914aa5ae40fbe479c02cca4ae9915c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dejarma

Pope is a good example of this kind of individual. Great little job isn't it:

you have an x title/ ranking of some kind or have/ had a respected position....

Use it to your advantage: 'writing books, TV appearances, documentaries, lecture's etc, about anything you want really because there's no proof needed in order to sell your merchandise. There's no other 'trade if you like' where you could get away with this kinda thing! Is there?

It's a bandwagon that many have been jumping on for years now but the problem they have is= it's getting far too heavy for it to move anymore! Not that it was moving much to start with regarding facts... Just a money earner for those who managed to get a seat...
hmmm 20-25 years ago?? I was one of the first blackvault members. A thread like this would be deep & serious.
I've noticed, nowadays the comments are nothing more than p***taking when a thread like this is posted.
This thread is one of many good examples...

Just saying it as I see it.

• Like 3

L.A.T.1961
41 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Pope is a good example of this kind of individual. Great little job isn't it:

you have an x title/ ranking of some kind or have/ had a respected position....

Use it to your advantage: 'writing books, TV appearances, documentaries, lecture's etc, about anything you want really because there's no proof needed in order to sell your merchandise. There's no other 'trade if you like' where you could get away with this kinda thing! Is there?

It's a bandwagon that many have been jumping on for years now but the problem they have is= it's getting far too heavy for it to move anymore! Not that it was moving much to start with regarding facts... Just a money earner for those who managed to get a seat...
hmmm 20-25 years ago?? I was one of the first blackvault members. A thread like this would be deep & serious.
I've noticed, nowadays the comments are nothing more than p***taking when a thread like this is posted.
This thread is one of many good examples...

Just saying it as I see it.

I have found NP a bit of an enigma. His early life was fairly ordinary, form what I know he had a decent education before working for MOD/civil service. His Dad was apparently a chief scientific adviser for UK government so he was brought up in a home with 'sensible people' and continued in that vein at work.

When he retired from MOD I would imagine that contacts and experience could have got him a decent salaried job, yet he decided to do a 90 degree career turn and head off into an area that his family and ex work colleagues would regard as dubious at best. 

I doubt if his UFO pursuits have earned him as much as he could have received if he had stayed on the straight and narrow, with an ordinary job, and he receives as much ridicule as any fame. 

So what is/was his motivation ? 

• Like 3

Dejarma
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

So what is/was his motivation ?

I'd suggest he earns quite a bit more cash than you'd expect doing this= book sales, TV interviews/ appearances... He's in pretty much everything to do with ufos in the past 10 years at least- he gets paid for it.

Plus he's a celebrity which is something many crave for to different degrees..

Something he wouldn't get in an ordinary job I'd assume. There's a lot of motivation if you're that type of person IMHO....

The thing that annoys me with Pope- as an example:

years ago footage of a flying saucer was filmed over a truck stop on a UK motorway.

2 jets appeared & it shot off... It was on the news & Pope is being interviewed about it.
He came out with his usual BS but I could work out it was probably CGI due to the fact there were no other reports of this amazing event. With the smallest bit of research I found out it was actually a film students show real..

Watching him talk about it when the ufo community worked it out days before was actually quite embarrassing & pathetic to watch. 

Being loosely involved with TV in those days I know for a fact he would have been paid AT LEAST 800 pounds for that 1-2 minute interview- and that was then! All this proves to me he's just in it for the money.  

He should've known it was fake! Top ufo researcher= my a-se!!! Or maybe he did know & just took the money!? Who knows

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

the13bats
52 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I have found NP a bit of an enigma. His early life was fairly ordinary, form what I know he had a decent education before working for MOD/civil service. His Dad was apparently a chief scientific adviser for UK government so he was brought up in a home with 'sensible people' and continued in that vein at work.

When he retired from MOD I would imagine that contacts and experience could have got him a decent salaried job, yet he decided to do a 90 degree career turn and head off into an area that his family and ex work colleagues would regard as dubious at best. 

I doubt if his UFO pursuits have earned him as much as he could have received if he had stayed on the straight and narrow, with an ordinary job, and he receives as much ridicule as any fame. 

So what is/was his motivation

Attention, not to dismiss what a guy like him or the late Friedman made $$$ wise, some folks just crave attention and get it whatever way they can.

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

This thread is one of many good examples

Perhaps i misunderstood that but 25 years ago we didnt have so much at our finger tips to see as quickly when someone is in this for $$$ people like pope were a bit more respected as time passed info becomes available and that respect faded so did the deep serious talk about them.

Dejarma
Just now, the13bats said:

Perhaps i misunderstood that but 25 years ago we didnt have so much at our finger tips to see as quickly when someone is in this for $$$ people like pope were a bit more respected as time passed info becomes available and that respect faded so did the deep serious talk about them.

yeah perhaps

• Thanks 1

Dejarma

found the news report for anyone interested.. take into consideration this was many days after it was proved to be a hoax:

yeah brilliant Nick:rolleyes:

• Like 1

L.A.T.1961
5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

found the news report for anyone interested.. take into consideration this was many days after it was proved to be a hoax:

yeah brilliant Nick:rolleyes:

It looks like him sitting on the fence with this video, I think we would need to know if Pope had seen the debunking information regards the student film before we can say he is suggesting a known fake video is potentially real ? 

• Like 2

Dejarma
11 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

It looks like him sitting on the fence with this video, I think we would need to know if Pope had seen the debunking information regards the student film before we can say he is suggesting a known fake video is potentially real ? 

well, he should have done- it's his job, isn't it!? He's supposed to be a highly intelligent, x MOD, now a respected ufo expert researcher... Even so, surely no reports of this amazing event from any other source should be a bleeding obvious indication.
Why didn't he research it before going on TV?? I would have done, wouldn't you?

He was probably gutted it was proved a hoax because he won't be able to use it in future books etc

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1