Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

covid19 triumph for trump

the13bats

Oh good.  Winning the pandemic.  

unnamed.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

He's just a little ray of optimism and sunshine after all...

• Like 5

I took that in the context of him praising the testing, a badge of honour, comment ie, if you didn't have good testing you'd miss cases. the fact cases are being identified are down to good testing. which is a good thing, a badge of honour. - the opposite being a badge of shame if cases where missed and testing poor.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

I took that in the context of him praising the testing, a badge of honour, comment ie, if you didn't have good testing you'd miss cases. the fact cases are being identified are down to good testing. which is a good thing, a badge of honour. - the opposite being a badge of shame if cases where missed and testing poor.

I took it as he as in some delusional way conviced himself that the USA having the most deaths from covid is a misplaced badge of honor ( for him ) , testing doesnt change 90k extra deaths in a few months time.

We can agree to disagree,

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I took it as he as in some delusional way conviced himself that the USA having the most deaths from covid is a misplaced badge of honor ( for him ) , testing doesnt really change 90k extra deaths in a few months time.

We can agree to disagree,

no, im right i've just re watched. he's praising the testing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

no, im right i've just re watched. he's praising the testing.

Um. It doesnt make you "right" it just validated your "opinion" to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the U.S. testing is poor.  If you live in Texas it takes 4 days to get the result of the test, if you live in NM it takes 10 days.  The Navajo nation requested tests from the federal government/cdc in March and got body bags instead!!!  @X##@

There seems to be some purpose to the **** mess of testing in our country.  I have said it before.  I like to examine conspiracies, without buying into them, but this one seems obvious as no other country is having the "problems" the "greatest country" in the world is having.  I know any time something goes on like this it is because someone, somewhere is making money from it or setting themselves up to make money quickly.

Testing is lightening fast if your name is trump, or you are in the cult o trump inner circle,

Everything you said is true, yet when i say trump covid response = epic fail trumpettes get all butt hurt,  what do they care they cant get a hoax. that is under control and will just go away, pass the clorox.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the U.S. testing is poor.  If you live in Texas it takes 4 days to get the result of the test, if you live in NM it takes 10 days.  The Navajo nation requested tests from the federal government/cdc in March and got body bags instead!!!  @X##@

There seems to be some purpose to the **** mess of testing in our country.  I have said it before.  I like to examine conspiracies, without buying into them, but this one seems obvious as no other country is having the "problems" the "greatest country" in the world is having.  I know any time something goes on like this it is because someone, somewhere is making money from it or setting themselves up to make money quickly.

a big country, a lot of people. you've farmed out your industries abroad. America went down the same path the UK did, when we were a superpower. R&D innovation and pioneering happens at home only for it to be sent abroad to be assembled cheaper. it applies to the US and its inability to produce tests on the scale needed.

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Were agreeing to disagree remember. don't get the hump.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

He's right.  trump wasn't praising death as a badge of honor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Testing is lightening fast if your name is trump, or you are in the cult o trump inner circle,

Everything you said is true, yet when i say trump covid response = epic fail trumpettes get all butt hurt,  what do they care they cant get a hoax. that is under control and will just go away, pass the clorox.

Some people watch too much network news and have not desire to think for themselves.  Can you get Clorox???   There still seems to be a shortage around here, though at least if you get to certain stores early in the morning you can find a few bottles of it (another - hmmm how does someone make money off of shortages?  If you think about the things that we can't get easily, considered necessities because of the virus, then another thing makes no sense as most of those things are made in the U.S.)

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

While this *might* be true, he was slow in getting the tests out and we've been slow collecting the data.  Without government coordination and guidance, we end up with a system where Covid-19 records are inaccurate (some record probable and tested Covid, some report only tested Covid (this would be Texas... or was until the rules changed for a third time) and some record Covid as either Covid or Covid+pneumonia (the CDC does this)  And there's a 2 day to 4 week delay in getting most results.

Oh... and we have far fewer tests being done per capita than a lot of other countries.  Most of this is due to a large population, but this could have been dealt with if we'd used tests from other countries.

Lack of government coordination hurt everything, IMHO.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He's right.  trump wasn't praising death as a badge of honor.

More power to you...Not how i take it

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

That Trump guy seems to be misunderstood by everyone sane and literate, each and every time. 

Maybe it's time his word salads are translated by an official interpreter, from Magalish to English. 

Or with a little roll of the eyes.  That's my go to reaction to most things in the Universe that  my complaints have zero influence over. :rolleyes: 

Better yet, you can have that job :tu:

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kenemet said:

While this *might* be true, he was slow in getting the tests out and we've been slow collecting the data.  Without government coordination and guidance, we end up with a system where Covid-19 records are inaccurate (some record probable and tested Covid, some report only tested Covid (this would be Texas... or was until the rules changed for a third time) and some record Covid as either Covid or Covid+pneumonia (the CDC does this)  And there's a 2 day to 4 week delay in getting most results.

Oh... and we have far fewer tests being done per capita than a lot of other countries.  Most of this is due to a large population, but this could have been dealt with if we'd used tests from other countries.

The US is a massive country. you don't have the ability thanks to getting rid of your industries. half your PPE was still coming from China. half your drugs come from India & China.

Its called globalisation. works well until something like this happens. globalisation encourages dependence on others, with the best will in the world you could've done nothing different regardless of the which govt was in office. perhaps close the borders. but when it comes to PPE, capability to manufacture drugs, tests etc.. capacity is just not there. successive US govts waved as your manufacturing left American shores. 

like i said previous, all the high end tech, pioneering and innovation happens at home, US bio science, life sciences, medical science were on the ball, you had all the understanding and ability to crack the virus. - trouble came when they had to phone around to see who could produce what's needed. flicking through the phone book, okay, head offices registered with American phone numbers and address, giving the impression the facility existed in the US only to find out its only a building with no capacity or ability to manufacture, no that left America some years ago and now exists in their facility in china. with a multi-week lean time. shouting down the phone but we need it now changed nothing.

The countries who did well had the industries to spring into action and they had this because of OUR reliance on them.

The UK is no different world leader in sciences, just not the capacity to manufacture the tests. not when needed. and when they tried to order from their regular supplier the order book was full as those countries were keeping it for themselves. that leave the US and UK scratching their heads and playing catch up. converting industries. but with delays.

The US isnt the worst in the world, self-hate bashing is not going to achieve nothing. there are countries around the world using dodgy cheap tests. that wouldn't meet US standards. but it looks good on the numbers.

The lessons will be learnt. its time to bring home and invest in critical industries. Trump tried this three years ago and got shouted down, Trumps starting a trade war was the war cry from the globalists, how we wished some pharma companies and PPE manufactures had returned with the ability to help in this covid crisis.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, the13bats said:

More power to you...Not how i take it

you've got the hump. :D

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

you've got the hump. :D

i-dont-understand-a-word-you-just-said1_52b35ef488e59d6cec7efcef.jpg.f5057eb1d2a15054bccc87719f70b2e5.jpg

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or with a little roll of the eyes.  That's my go to reaction to most things in the Universe that  my complaints have zero influence over. :rolleyes: 

My to go reaction at people who are clearly disconnected from the reality and are clearly losing faculties is to call the ambulance. 

It's cruel and dangerous to let grandpa wander around unsupervised, especially if he's in the position to wreck the international relations on top of plunging own country in chaos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

My to go reaction at people who are clearly disconnected from the reality and are clearly losing faculties is to call the ambulance. 

It's cruel and dangerous to let grandpa wander around unsupervised, especially if he's in the position to wreck the international relations on top of plunging own country in chaos. 

So if he wanders away you think we should bring him back?  :w00t:  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So if he wanders away you think we should bring him back?  :w00t:  

Absolutely. It would send very wrong message if you'd let him keep dividing your country from some non-extradition haven. 

Not that he could organize it on his own, but his boss probably already has Trump's new apartment painted in gold. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Hmm... is Covid-19 testing controlled by The Government ? I would have thought that it was controlled by individual medical centres, or by the individual States ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... is Covid-19 testing controlled by The Government ? I would have thought that it was controlled by individual medical centres, or by the individual States ? 

Nope, for some reason the CDC controls the tests as far as I can tell.  And in New Mexico I think they have to be sent somewhere else to be processed.  The thing is getting the tests sent from the CDC to the hospitals and state agencies that are giving them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/trump-worlds-most-coronavirus-cases-badge-of-honor-good-bad-thing.html

Its so cool that an epic fail mixed with the exacting amounts of delusions, misinformation, denials, and undeserved self praise can actually be seen as a badge of honor.

Here have a less slanted look at it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52733220

Now since I followed your slate link I feel unclean and I'm off to the showers to disinfect myself. :sm

• Like 4